Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3

Transformers News: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3

Sunday, April 14th, 2019 1:13AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Movie Related News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 60,104

In accordance with the Bumblebee movie, the official @Bumblebee_JP Twitter account is releasing a new chibi style anime series! They are 3 episodes in, each at around one minute and a half, and essentially retell the Bumblebee film.

Part 1 focuses on Bumblebee losing his memory, after Blitzwing attacks him, thus making him hide as a Volkswagen. Charlie finds him, and brings him to her home, which results in Bumblebee being scared of the dog, Conan. The tweet can be found here.

Part 2 starts off with Charlie wondering where Bumblebee hailed from, and they soon practice hiding, though Bumblebee doesn't seem to be good at it, destroying things. He accidently activates Optimus' holographic message, confusing the both of them. The tweet can be found here.

Part 3, Bumblebee learns how to cook! To no one's surprise, he absolutely fails, irritating Conan, destroying the inside of the house, and leaving the door open for Conan to run after. Charlie comes home, and chases after the dog, but they are aprehended by soldiers. Bumblebee comes and fights the men, and leaps away with Charlie and Conan. The tweet can be found here.

Thoughts on these cute animated shorts? Watch them from Twitter, or the YouTube links below, and reply in the Pub forums below!

Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2018918)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 14th, 2019 @ 2:02am CDT
cute :-P
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2018921)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2019 @ 3:50am CDT
Charlie is a fine young man.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2018923)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 14th, 2019 @ 4:34am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Charlie is a fine young man.

She's following the tradition of Akira from Zone then.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2018931)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
This series of shorts is called "Bumblebee's First Life on Earth".

Episode 1 is titled "Picked Up From The Junkyard", episode 2 is "Hiding In The Park!", and episode 3 is simply "Cooking!"

Charlie (and I think all of the other voices, but I'm not sure) is voiced by Ryohei Kimura.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019431)
Posted by Flashwave on April 20th, 2019 @ 1:50am CDT
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019432)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 20th, 2019 @ 2:17am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Soo... I picked up the DVD/Digial/Blue-ry set for the Movie. Am I missing something, or are the Special Features only on the disc for the player I don’t have[/i? Haven’t looked to see if I can get into them with the Digital side yet, but if I can’t then frankly that’s a crock of spit. What’s even the point then of the DVD? I was on the fence whether I would even use the Digital option but reviews about the extras made it seem worthwhile. I never heard anywhere that they were Blu-Ray exclusive and I feel jipped.

Actually there's been a trend for a while (especially with Disney dvds) that they are just barebones releases, all the features are on blu Ray versions as a way to sell the format.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019439)
Posted by Flashwave on April 20th, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Welp, congrats to them for swindling (pun intended) me out of an extra $5. Won't be making that mistake again.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019484)
Posted by ToastBucket on April 21st, 2019 @ 1:16pm CDT
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019495)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2019 @ 6:36pm CDT
ToastBucket wrote:Noticed this while watching bumblebee as an in flight movie. Typo or new character? Probably the former but it'd be cool if it was the latter. Can anyone with the blu-ray/ DVD confirm wether the subtitles are the same there?
It's gotta be a typo.

Jon Bailey himself has been on this site having talked about his voicing Soundwave and indicated the line to have definitely been "Ravage, eject!"

Plus, the movie's bonus features have a character feature for each of the robots, in which Ravage is named as such.

Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019497)
Posted by ToastBucket on April 21st, 2019 @ 6:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It's gotta be a typo.

Okay cool! However, I'm still curious as to whether it also says that on the DVD / blu-ray or if my plane was just wierd :-?
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019498)
Posted by Emerje on April 21st, 2019 @ 7:19pm CDT
Your chance at Bumblebee movie prizes could be an Instagram post away. Redbox is giving away a copy of the movie in a Blu-ray combo pack and a poster signed by Hailee Steinfeld, John Cena, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Angela Bassett and Lorenzo di Bonaventura. All you have to do is make a post on Instagram naming the vehicle you would want to turn into if you were a Transformer to enter. Pretty easy! But don't wait, you only have a few days to enter as the contest ends on 4/25/19 at Midnight Eastern Time.

While it wont help you win feel free to post your answer in the Energon Pub forums below!
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019514)
Posted by Emerje on April 21st, 2019 @ 10:28pm CDT
Rock audiophile site PureGrainAudio has landed an interview with Ricardo Hoyos who plays Tripp in the Bumblebee movie. It's an extensive interview that covers a wide range of topics including his auditions, growing up with Transformers toys, movie wardrobe, and being Canadian. He also talked about his experience with director Travis Knight which echoed our own Jon Bailey's impressions of him.

From that first audition that we did he made me feel so comfortable. […] Usually, at auditions, there’s something awkward about it, or you wish you did something differently. Just from that day and every day on set, he really not only did a great job of making us all feel comfortable, but also communicating with incredible efficiency. Like I could really understand what he was going for. He had a clear vision in mind. He just had that comfortability to know what’s going on and know that there’s this very good communication going on which made for a really nice time on set. He’s great, he’really great.

He also talked about some of Tripp's character development that ended up not making it into the movie.

Originally actually we deleted the scene where, in the end, I kind of disown that group of girls. When I’m like “You know what? I’ve seen the true side of you girls. Not cool.” But, yeah, that still is played upon, even though that scene didn’t make it into the final cut. That was definitely the attitude that they were going for. I associate with this group of people that maybe doesn’t jive with everything that I am about. Which I think is just like your classic kind of high school thing. We all kind of go through that where maybe people aren’t as nice as we want them to be in high school to others. But he’s a redeemable character. He sees through that. He’s not bullied like the other girls.

The entire interview can be read at the link above along with an audio version.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2019521)
Posted by 15ngcs1 on April 22nd, 2019 @ 4:29am CDT
ToastBucket wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
It's gotta be a typo.

My plane also had this typo.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022013)
Posted by notirishman on May 19th, 2019 @ 10:04pm CDT
Thanks to Stephen Zavala, of ILM (Industrial Light and Magic), we now have some closer looks and concept art of some of the Cybertron bots in the Bumblebee film on his ArtStation account. Below, we have the links to each characters individual page, as well as the humorous commentary included. Read them and take a look at the images below, and tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums below!

Arcee: Arcee from Transformers: Bumblebee. By far my fav Transformer design for the movie. For all these concepts I tried to retain the essence of the G1 cartoon designs; I grew up with them so I wanted to update the designs, not change them. Also, pleeeeeease tell me how thick her thighs are for the nth time cause I can;t wait to hear it.

Brawn: Brawn from Transformers: Bumblebee. The first Transformer I designed for the Cybertron sequence. This once was the easiest, meaning that it didn't go through a lot of changes. Few changes make everybody happy. The 3D model was done by the talented Gerald Blaise here at ILM.

Ironhide: Ironhide from Transformers: Bumblebee. The basis body of the Autobot army. Funny how this was designed first and it's not that featured that much in the final movie. Final details on the head and the chest were done by Alex Jaeger.

Ratchet: Ratchet from Transformers: Bumblebee. Ratchet was mostly and after thought after I designed Ironhide. We needed to populate the Cybertron scene with a lot of Autobots and we didn't have a lot of time to do it, so we essentially cloned my Ironhide design, changed colors, replaced heads and had them as the Autobots army. Ratchet was the only "unique" clone since he ended up being featured more prominently. And because all of this you can see the Ratchet artwork is a little more rough since I only did a quick color swap to use as a color guide (don't really love that I left those reds that saturated). The 3D model was done by the talented Gerald Blaise here at ILM.

Ravage: Ravage from Transformers: Bumblebee. A collab design done with the talented Karl Lindberg. We originally tried the puma approach but as we progressed (and began wondering why Ravage should look like a creature from Earth) we tried to make him more of a hybrid. Inspired by dragons, wolves, and the puma, we put those together for the final version.

Shockwave: Shockwave from Transformers: Bumblebee. My second fav transformer to work on. Yes, he's thicc, deal with it.

Wheeljack: Wheeljack from Transformers: Bumblebee. The very first Transformer I designed for the show. This one was the one that took the longest to approve. This was a specific characters director Travis Knight wanted in the movie so I figured it'd be better to do him first to fine tune him the most compared to other Transformers. Final head design in the film was done by Thang Le and Alex Jaeger. The 3D model was done by the talented Gerald Blaise here at ILM.

Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022015)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 19th, 2019 @ 10:33pm CDT
i hope they do some studio series of these designs
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022019)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2019 @ 11:02pm CDT

He's the Juggerbrawn, glitch!

(I'll see myself out)

:P
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022034)
Posted by noctorro on May 20th, 2019 @ 12:59am CDT
Love these man, also hope they make figures out of all of 'm. Man I love bumblebee, thanks Travis Knight!
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022049)
Posted by Big Grim on May 20th, 2019 @ 8:16am CDT
Man, why did it take 10 years and 6 films to get Transformers looking right?
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022088)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 20th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Man, why did it take 10 years and 6 films to get Transformers looking right?

Basically.

I would have liked to see those vehicle modes though.
Re: Bumblebee film adapted into Japanese chibi style shorts, episodes 1-3 (2022115)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2019 @ 6:18pm CDT
These look so cool.

but I wish they officially just rebooted it, these designs would make me so much happier. I love the Bay designs and these ones, but I want them to exist entirely separately

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "NEW Transformers Robots in Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Autobot Drift & Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Soundwave And Rumble Lot" on EBAY
Buy "McDonalds 2016 Transformers Happy Meal Toy #6 STRONGARM MASK NIP SEALED! FREE SH" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Shockwave KO - Box Included - Transformers / Gobots - (G2 / RID / Armada)" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime - Transformers: Generations (War for Cybertron, 2010) Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 WARPATH Vintage Generations One Mini Bot Tank Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Universe Robots in Disguise Masterpiece Skywarp 25 Years" on EBAY