Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan

Transformers News: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan

Friday, January 4th, 2019 2:29AM CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 9,346

We may be four days in 2019, but that certainly isn't too late to post a special New Year's message from everyone's favorite yellow Volkswagen Beetle, right? To promote the upcoming Bumblebee Movie premiere in Japan in March (that's right, March!) a New Year's video message from Bee himself has been posted to YouTube and Twitter. What the actual message says we don't know, but we'll update when we do. The message is then followed by a full scene clip (in English with Japanese subtitles) where Charlie gives Bumblebee his name.

Have you seen the movie yet? And more importantly do you know what the message says? Sound off in the Energon Pub below.
Credit(s): Japanese Bumblebee movie on YouTube and Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002431)
Posted by jON3.0 on January 4th, 2019 @ 4:20am CST
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002453)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 4th, 2019 @ 6:40am CST
Thanks, Jon! Sorry to hear about the folks on the other site--toxic fans seems to be the "thing" lately for all fandoms, so I wouldn't take it personally. You're good people, and you know it.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002506)
Posted by Deadput on January 4th, 2019 @ 1:37pm CST
jON3.0 wrote:I've seen the very first screening, normally in digital theaters, in 3D, IMAX and in RealD 4D. I still love this movie. In fact, the things I didn't love stopped bugging me after my third viewing. The more I see it, the more I enjoy it. I would still love this film even if I hadn't worked on it so I promise it isn't bias. I told my kids that if I could go back and see the 86 film in theaters over and over, I most certainly would. I feel as though this is my chance not to make that mistake again. :) I just wished I could watch it with all my Transformers buddies like all of you. I visited another fan site today that I haven't been on in over 2 years and was instantly reminded of all the toxicity and negativity outside of this site. I don't think I've ever taken the time to thank all of you for accepting me and making me feel like part of the fandom. I joined that other site when I was 15 years old and they are still treating me like a 15 year old who isn't one of them and is unimportant 24 years later. I guess I needed a reminder of why I love this site so much. I truly appreciate all the support and kindness you've all shown me both before I worked on this amazing brand and during. Love you guys! If you haven't seen the movie, you're doing yourself a disservice. :CON:

Yeah I noticed some of the more negative comments from Tfw2005 about your performance, shame about that really, but that's life unfortunately.

I will say that your Soundwave and Shockwave voices were great, I don't care much for the standard Soundwave vocoder voice normally because for me it's hard to understand at times even though it sounds cool, nor the G1 cartoon Shockwave voice since he sounded like some boring guy who works at an office instead of a high ranking Decepticon, but your takes on their voices are spot on, with that and good dialogue that your carried out, that alone speaks of your talent as a voice actor.

I would love to hear your takes on Ironhide, Ratchet and any others that you talked about on here and Tfw2005, same goes for the other actors like David Sobolov and Steve Blum, like in a bonus feature or something, honestly I feel that the voice actors and their work for these movies are underappreciated and a bonus feature focused on you guys (including Peter, Dylan, Angela and Justin as well) would be great.

Edit: Quick question, was your take on Ironhide the G1 western voice? I admit I really like Jess Harnell's take but sometimes I do miss the ol voice from Peter Cullen since it stood out among the G1 Autobots and I can't think of any other character in the franchise who has a similar voice where as you have a bunch of similar takes on the young Autobots (Bumblebee,Hot Shot, Smokescreen, etc) or the different takes on the treacherous Starscream voice where as there is only one western Ironhide voice (Besides maybe the RID version but I did not watch that show so I don't know what he sounds like).
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002521)
Posted by Burn on January 4th, 2019 @ 3:19pm CST
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002532)
Posted by Deadput on January 4th, 2019 @ 4:19pm CST
Burn wrote:Probably going to see it today, do we need to worry about mid/post-credit scenes or have they stayed off that bandwagon?

There are two scenes that happen at the start of the credits, but only after the "directed by Travis Knight" part, after those two scenes there is nothing else, no mid credit or end credit scenes.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002897)
Posted by jON3.0 on January 6th, 2019 @ 2:53am CST
Aw, man, I would love to have a copy of the screening where I was the voices for Optimus, Shockwave, Soundwave, Wheeljack & Ratchet (can’t remember anymore if Starscream & Ironhide were in the screening of not?) and Steve Blum as Cliffjumper. That would be so dope!
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2002898)
Posted by jON3.0 on January 6th, 2019 @ 3:00am CST
Deadput wrote:

Of course I did the old school G1 Southern Ironhide! Personally, I was hoping if Ironhide did make it in the movie, they would just have Peter Cullen do it since he was already going to be recording for Optimus.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003077)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:38am CST

Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003090)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:53am CST
Alrighty, let's see...

The Batmobile from the DCEU's Justice League movie
The Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters (with Slimer inside)
KITT from Knight Rider (and even voiced by William Daniels in this commercial!)
Lightning McQueen from Disney-Pixar's Cars
The Mutt Cutts Van from Dumb and Dumber
The Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo (with Scooby himself inside it)
The Griswalds' car from National Lampoon's Vacation
A Jurassic Park SUV from you-know-what (with some tiny dinos inside)
Cinderella's pumpkin carriage, complete with stock footage of the Disney theme park meetable character and her coachmen
Fred Flintstone and his car from the 90's live action films
Bumblebee from his new movie
The DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003116)
Posted by itscramtastic on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:36am CST
jON3.0 wrote:It is what it is. No one does a job and EVERYONE likes it. Plus this is the age of internet haters. No skin off my teeth. :D
I didn’t know human teeth had skin!

LOLOL

Anyone?

I’ll see myself out..

BUT FIRST!! Great job Jon. And I agree, I can’t wait to own that movie to watch it a bunch!! It was a lot of fun in the theater.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003117)
Posted by itscramtastic on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:37am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Found this little gem today. You might hate Wal-Mart, but this commercial is freaking awesome. Keep an eye out for our favorite yellow friend.
I saw that last night! There were at least two cuts of the commercial, pretty awesome!!
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003136)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 7th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Alrighty, let's see...

The Batmobile from the DCEU's Justice League movie
The Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters (with Slimer inside)
KITT from Knight Rider (and even voiced by William Daniels in this commercial!)
Lightning McQueen from Disney-Pixar's Cars
The Mutt Cutts Van from Dumb and Dumber
The Mystery Machine from Scooby-Doo (with Scooby himself inside it)
The Griswalds' car from National Lampoon's Vacation
A Jurassic Park SUV from you-know-what (with some tiny dinos inside)
Fred Flintstone and his car from the 90's live action films
Bumblebee from his new movie
The DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future

Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003137)
Posted by itscramtastic on January 7th, 2019 @ 2:15pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:At the very end, a late '70s or very early '80s red and white Ford F-150 pulls in. I swear I recognize it, but can't for the life of me think of where.
Uncle Jesse had one in the Dukes of Hazard I think. I don't think it had red on it though.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003206)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:42pm CST
Thanks to an article from Rebecca Rubin of Variety magazine, we now know that "Bumblebee", the latest installment in the live action Transformers series of movies, has raked in an additional $59.4 million USD. The prequel starring everyone's favorite kid-friendly yellow Volkswagen Beetle, opened in 9,180 locations in China this past weekend, putting the total ticket sales generated outside the United States up to $192 million USD. Adding in domestic ticket sales, the worldwide total for Bumblebee comes to $289 million. Bumblebee also opened recently in some other key non-U.S. markets in the last few days, including Columbia, India, and Poland, contributing $1.1 million, $1 million, and $486,000 respectively to that worldwide total. As a bonus, thanks to the TF Thai Fanclub on Facebook, we have a nice look at a new Chinese movie poster, featuring Bumblebee taking on the likes of Dropkick and Shatter, two new Decepticons that antagonize everyone's favorite Autobot scout in his titular movie.

What did you think of the Bumblebee movie? Do you agree with the critics that it's the best Transformers film since the inaugural "Transformers" from 2007? Are you on board with the "buzz" and getting some of the new characters and toys featured in the movie for your own collections? Let us know in the comments below, and keep it tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003215)
Posted by fruityrobo on January 7th, 2019 @ 8:17pm CST
of course the one time we have a decent Transformers movie it doesn't do well in the box office

well isn't that just our luck?
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003227)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:44pm CST
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003235)
Posted by Deadput on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:36pm CST
Was on Instagram and came across a user sharing another user's concept art for Dropkick in this movie.

The concept art is from Instagram account conceptbyjosh, which belongs to Joshua Viers who has worked on the upcoming Captain Marvel movie and also Star Wars

Two different rough designs, the first one seems to just be helicopter with no car parts in sight while the second is close to Dropkick's actual design. (Kinda fits my theory that originally that Shatter and Dropkick weren't going to be triple changers with Shatter just being a car and Dropkick just being a helicopter, I have no actual proof for this but with this, the studio series figures it kinda and apparently Bumblebee being chased by a blue helicoptor in the same early screening rumors where we first heard about the "starscream" that turned out to be Blitzwing before the first trailer dropped.)

Edit: looked at the first design again, I see car wheels on his legs but otherwise not much else.

I personally think these would make some sick generic Decepticons, the second as a movie version of the TFP Vehicons. (Having all 4 wheels on the shoulders however seems to make a toy out of that design...problematic)

A coincidence for sure but the second design also resembles what I was imagining Decepticon Battlecharger grunts in my version of the Cybertron sequence that I wrote in this thread a few weeks ago except in Earth mode and with helicopter bits.

Source:
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003344)
Posted by Deadput on January 8th, 2019 @ 1:42pm CST
Follow up to the last post, Joshua posted a third concept today, this one looks quite Lockdown inspired (whether intentional or a coincidence who knows)

In his own words

"With this guy I was trying to come up with a Decepticon that looked like he could be fast."

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsYbiC-Fva7/

Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003465)
Posted by Salacious_Monk on January 8th, 2019 @ 10:03pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:To put this all in perspective, remember that the production budget for Bumblebee was somewhere between $100 and $137 million USD, according to various sources. While it looks like the worldwide totals clearly indicate a profit, we don't know yet how much additional money was spent on marketing the movie, which is a separate figure from the production budget used to create the film itself. There are other factors that will impact the profitability of the Bumblebee film such as the cost of marketing and the profits from movie merchandise. In addition, there will be sales on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital options, which will add to the total profits for the movie when it is released for the home consumer market later this year. On top of that, Bumblebee doesn't open in the Japanese market until March 2019! Japan is probably the last big Transformers market for this movie, so the total ticket sales will get another bump in a couple of months. It's definitely too early to say the sky is falling on the Transformers franchise, but admittedly, these box office returns are not as robust as in years past.

I don't think a very good box office is good for transformers. You still remember this news?
http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/02/16/tran ... ted-358641
"Hasbro specifically stated that a new team at Paramount will reset the Transformers Live Action Movie Series following the release of Bumblebee: The Movie."

This means that Lorenzo di Bonaventura will probably be out after the bumblebee movie. But after the good reviews and global box office for the bumblebee movie, it is this guy who is getting interviews and talking about things like continuity or future movies while the director Travis Knight is very quiet. Don't you feel strange? I think that this guy is trying to send a signal to Paramount. "See, I can still manage the transformers franchise to make money for you. There is no need for a new team to replace me." Therefore, if you want more G1 films, then better hope that the box office for bumblebee is just OK instead of being excellent. It is the G1 elements that bring so many good reviews. Unless the guys at Paramount are idiots, they will know that. Therefore, if we see more transformers movies, I bet there will be more G1 elements.
Re: Bumblebee Movie sends a special New Year's message in Japan (2003539)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 9th, 2019 @ 9:25am CST
See I was always of the thinking (begrudgingly) that the reboot would be more G1 flavoured anyway. Especially now after Bumblebee.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Henkei C-19 Legends Class Minibot Cosmos" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Classics Henkei DIRGE Seeker Jet Takara Deluxe Class size Nice!" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Deluxe Figure MOC - #22 DROPKICK" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 1988 Grand Slam and Raindance Slamdance cassettes MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Studio Series 22 Movie Bumblebee Deluxe Copter DROPKICK NEW" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO X 3ATOYS Movie Bumblebee Transformers Blitzwing Action Figure HP" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Creator Primus 2010 MISB" on EBAY