Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Sunday, December 6th, 2009 12:51am CST

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 63,674

Takara Tomy's recently released Buster Optimus Prime is the newest figure to get the Seibertron.com gallery treatment. Here's some additional information about this highly anticipated figure from Seibertron.com sponsor tfsource.com.

This RA-24 includes light and sound, and chrome parts only featured on the Takara Tomy release of this impressive figure. Best of all he includes a special gun made of his gas tank that is frequently seen in the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Movie.

Product Features:

* Special Chromed Parts
* Display Packaging
* Gas Tank Gun
* Light & Sound
* Mech Alive

You can check out our extensive gallery of this incredible repaint/remold by clicking here.

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online!

Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025344)
Posted by Blurrz on December 6th, 2009 @ 12:58am CST
Drop dead gorgeous.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025355)
Posted by 009* on December 6th, 2009 @ 2:27am CST
Any chance we could see this compared to the TFC-005 rifle? 8)
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025388)
Posted by Convotron on December 6th, 2009 @ 7:46am CST
Very nice. :) If there's one figure that deserves an upgraded paint job, it's RotF Leader OP.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025390)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 6th, 2009 @ 7:53am CST
Another gorgeous gallery. Excellent figure. I must have this...
B-)
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025409)
Posted by Optimutt on December 6th, 2009 @ 9:05am CST
Thank you Seibertron for adding the comparison shots with the 2007 model. It's amazing just how different these two molds are, and it wasn't until I saw the two side-by-side that I understood why I passed that up while still falling in love with this one.

As for the rework/recolor, if you can, get it. It's quality is Masterpiece-level (minus, of course, the die-cast), and the skill with which they paint it is unmatched in just about any other TF I've ever seen. I'm so glad I waited for this one to come out. It's just an excellent purchase.

And Prime will be the first one to tell you that. It's amazing how much pride Cullen manages to put into that phrase of the toy's.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025442)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 6th, 2009 @ 12:29pm CST
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025444)
Posted by Mkall on December 6th, 2009 @ 12:36pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:This figure is making me wonder just how many Optimus Prime figures, Optimus Primal figures, Convoy figures, and Optimus Prime/Convoy-like figures either don't have mouthplates or have mouths showing through their mouthplates.

Top of my head I can think of 7
Buster Prime, Optimus Primal (remolded head), Bat Primal, TM Primal, Optimal Optimus, BM Primal and Primal Prime
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025447)
Posted by Swiftpaw on December 6th, 2009 @ 12:51pm CST
Oh, if only Hasbro would import a (likely dechromed) version of this. I just blew my 'big spend on toys for myself for X-mas' money on MP Skywarp.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025448)
Posted by Swiftpaw on December 6th, 2009 @ 12:57pm CST
Mkall wrote:

Top of my head I can think of 7

Cybertron Optimus Prime/Galaxy Convoy and I think the voyager sized Animated Prime had mouthplates you can raise and lower for down 'talking' and up 'battle ready' looks.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025450)
Posted by Stixx on December 6th, 2009 @ 1:03pm CST
Energon Prime (Hasbro) didn't have a faceplate either
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025452)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 6th, 2009 @ 1:09pm CST
Swiftpaw wrote:
Mkall wrote:

Top of my head I can think of 7

Let's count the molds:

1. Optimus Primal (bat)
2. Transmetal Optimus Primal
3. Optimal Optimus
4. Beast Machines Optimus Primal
5. Blast Punch Optimus Primal
6. Air Attack Optimus Primal
7. Energon Optimus Prime (1st variant)
8. Beast Wars Reborn Convoy
9. Robot Masters Beast Convoy
10. Galaxy Convoy
11. Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal
12. Animated Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime
13. Animated Optimus Prime (Voyager)
14. Buster Optimus Prime

If you're including repaints of other figures:

15. G2 Go-Bot Optimus Prime
16. Machine Wars Optimus Prime

That's... a lot
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025457)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 6th, 2009 @ 1:53pm CST
The BW Bat Optimus Primal did have mouthplate.

Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025468)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 6th, 2009 @ 2:37pm CST
Wow. Awesome gallery of an amazing figure. It's a little too expensive for my taste though, and I'd still rather have the regular version for the faceplate.

Absolutely love the gun though. Too bad there's little chance of it being made as an add-on kit. As cool as the Gear of War gun is, it would be so much better if it could store in vehicle mode like this.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025516)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 6th, 2009 @ 5:47pm CST
cingularman31 wrote:Energon Prime (Hasbro) didn't have a faceplate either

Yes, it did...at first.

I running change shortly after the release of the toy changed this.

Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025520)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 6th, 2009 @ 6:12pm CST
I don't know if I have ever wanted a movie figure as badly as this one. Kinda sucks I don't really have the extra to let go of for it. Who wants to buy me one for Christmas? Pleeeease, I've been really good!
:BOT:
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025522)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 6th, 2009 @ 6:16pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:The faceplate-lacking version was wildly unpopular at the time and is now kind of sought after due to its scarcity.

So I have a rare sought after Prego Prime? Woo-hoo!
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025525)
Posted by Grahf on December 6th, 2009 @ 6:22pm CST
I'm really starting to think that I need to move my ass to Japan.
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025568)
Posted by Seibertron on December 6th, 2009 @ 9:27pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:
cingularman31 wrote:Energon Prime (Hasbro) didn't have a faceplate either

Yes, it did...at first.

I running change shortly after the release of the toy changed this.

And case-in-point ...

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... -prime/77/

Hm. Makes me realize that I should have a separate gallery for Energon Optimus Prime and Superlink Grand Convoy since they're pretty different. Chrome, brighter colors, and faceplate grace Grand Convoy while the original Energon Optimus Prime lacks the chrome, has less intense colors, and a mouth similar to Optimus Primal's.

Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025595)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 6th, 2009 @ 11:01pm CST
Seibertron wrote: I guess I've never seen a US version with the faceplate. Are the colors the same as the original Energon version?

I'm fairly certain the colors were exactly the same.
:BOT:
Re: Buster Optimus Prime gallery now online! (1025630)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 7th, 2009 @ 2:54am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:

I'm fairly certain the colors were exactly the same.
:BOT:

Yep, it's the same.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY