Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 12:03pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 47,217

While the initial preorders showed that the Studio Series 86 figures would come out grouped together, the latest case contents show that the 86 figures are part of the mainline and will be mixed into the rest of Studio Series. We see that with the voyagers. While wave 11 of voyagers, the next wave of Studio Series, only contains the Hot Rod and Scourge 86 figures, wave 12 will have a mix where 86 Hot Rod will be packaged with Cybertronian Starscream from the Bumblebee movie. The 86 figures being in continuing Studio Series waves means that they are part of the same assortment and not an actual subline. We have the case contents below, which seem to ensure that Hot Rod will be very easy to find, unlike Scourge who you may want to troop build. Scourge may be repacked later, that is to be seen. We also have the case contents for the deluxe case that includes Kup, Jazz and Blurr.

This Transformers Studio Series Premier Voyager Wave 11 Case contains 3 individually packaged figures:
2x Hot Rod (1986 Movie)
1x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY 86 SCOURGE

This Transformers Studio Series Premier Voyager Wave 12 Case contains 3 individually packaged figures:
1x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY 86 HOT ROD
2x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY TF6 STARSCREAM

This Transformers Studio Series Premier Deluxe Case contains 8 individually packaged figures:
3x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX 86 JAZZ
2x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX 86 KUP
3x TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX 86 BLURR

All case details are found on Entertainment Earth.

Transformers News: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line

Credit(s): EE

Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087887)
Posted by Betenoire on November 25th, 2020 @ 12:12pm CST

Wonder if that will work out as I seem to recall the Power of the Primes Rodimus was a bit of a shelf warmer around where I live.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087890)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 25th, 2020 @ 1:39pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:SS 1986 Devastator anyone? Especially if they go the SS ROTF Devastator route, making something clearly superior from the substandard CW/UW versions.

According to the leaker Pixelmaster over on TFW, Hasbro considered an SS86 Devastator at one point, but shelved it and decided to reissue the CW one instead.

That's lazy.
Still, never say never. A "High quality" G1 Devastator will come sooner or later. One that have proper articulation points, is at the proper scale, dosen't feel like it's made out of margarine countainers, and is not full of hollow spots everywhere.

The CW/UW Devastator is about as good as it gets. The Studio Series Constructicons most definitely are not all that and a bag of chips. Their articulation is limited, they're full of hollow parts, there's paint bleed, and an awful lot of visible robot part syndrome. They lack features that the original ROTF molds had, and the combined mode can't balance and pose at the same time. At least UW can do that much. As I've said, my only gripe with the UW is the lack of solid ratchets on the shoulders and elbows. I don't need Hasbro to reinvent the wheel at twice the price for marginal improvements.
It's about as good as it gets so far. Everything can be improved upon.

Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087894)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2020 @ 2:40pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

The UW version already reversed Mixmaster so that's taken care of.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087900)
Posted by bacem on November 25th, 2020 @ 5:03pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

The UW version already reversed Mixmaster so that's taken care of.

That doesn't look reversed to me

TF-Unite-Warriors-Mixmaster.jpg
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087905)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2020 @ 5:55pm CST
bacem wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

The UW version already reversed Mixmaster so that's taken care of.

That doesn't look reversed to me

TF-Unite-Warriors-Mixmaster.jpg
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087906)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 25th, 2020 @ 6:17pm CST
I didnt even know that was a thing with CW mixmaster, despite the fronts paint being placed on the rear of the vehicle I would never have had it facing that way around. Makes me even more glad I picked up the UW version.

Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087908)
Posted by Tuned Agent on November 25th, 2020 @ 7:12pm CST
Betenoire wrote:They are really counting on Hot Rod to be a seller if he has got 3 figs over 2 assortments compared to Starscream's 2 and Scourge's 1.

It will be interesting to see. Hot Rod's Cyberverse toys stick around the shelves for a while in my area, so maybe his character isn't as popular with kids as Hasbro seems to think he is. Plus, Cliffjumper has been the shelfwarmer of ER in my area, whatever that says about figures especially small for their size class.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087911)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 25th, 2020 @ 7:30pm CST

Deluxe:

1. SS-49 Bumblebee (07 Concept Camaro)
41B7BE83-ADDE-4E1A-8F02-60BF14162E4B.jpeg

1. DOTM Optimus Prime
462EF85E-AAF5-4EE1-A0AC-1C5D07E6A0B0.jpeg

2. Blackout
4E6B851A-83AB-4543-8C99-33B6A630682A.jpeg

3. Jetfire
D2F0D56F-DFA9-4598-8C77-C167CBF5F7C0.jpeg
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087914)
Posted by bacem on November 25th, 2020 @ 8:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
bacem wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

The UW version already reversed Mixmaster so that's taken care of.

That doesn't look reversed to me

TF-Unite-Warriors-Mixmaster.jpg

If we gonna count that one, then even CW version is already reversed then, since it does has paint on that area to make it look like windows.
I do not see that as reversed. It still don't look like driver area to me. Unless they remold that area to actually look like truck cab, it doesn't count.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087918)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 25th, 2020 @ 8:43pm CST
some will likely be replaced by ss86 but going by what I have/would want in the case of voyager/leader.

Deluxe:
Bee Bumblebee bug
Cogman (if that's kinda cheating then sideswipe instead)
World War Bee

Voyager:
Nitro Zeus
Skywarp
Bee Prime

Leader:
Blackout

SS figure I've liked the least is Ratchet due to his ambulance mode being smaller than other SS car modes, felt like it was only displayable in bot mode.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087920)
Posted by Spider5800 on November 25th, 2020 @ 8:58pm CST

I like this game.

Deluxe:

1. Cogman. Love the Aston Martin he's based on, but never got a chance to purchase the original, so was excited to get this version. Plus, I think the new paint job is a big improvement.

2. Soundwave (Mercedes). Just gorgeous. Would probably be my number one if he had his gun.

3. Shatter (Harrier). The back kibble is a little much, but she looks great in both modes, and is a MASSIVE improvement on the first version of her.

Voyager:

1. Optimus Prime (Bumblebee). The perfect on-screen version of the character. Just a great mix of G1 and live-action sensibilities.

2. Blitzwing. Was not expecting to like this guy as much as I do, and yeah, it sucks that the jet mode isn't really an F4. But it's a fun figure regardless, and his bot mode is amazing.

3. Rampage. This was a huge improvement on the original, and they managed to make him screen accurate, even with his ridiculous pogo-stick body, and still sneak in stuff like his hand guns as part of his pistons.

Leader:

1. Grimlock (AoE). This thing was brilliant. They somehow managed to make him screen accurate in bot mode (they hid a SECOND t-rex head for his shoulders?) while still being properly imposing and fun to play with, in both modes.

2. Blackout. He's a bit of a pain to transform with all the panels, but he looks great in both modes, and still gets his proper weapon and a bonus Scorponok. Just a sweet looking toy.

3. Optimus Prime (DotM). Kind of a cheat on Hasbro's part here, since this is really a voyager figure with a bunch of accessories, but it's easily the best looking of the different versions of this mold, and he looks even better with his trailer in vehicle mode or his jetpack in bot mode. Probably would have been higher if they had used more of that paint on the accessories too, which is my only real gripe with him.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087932)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2020 @ 11:01pm CST
blackeyedprime wrote:As for case breakdown and Scourge being 1 per case it might not be a big deal if stores have the ability to order solid cases of one figure like they seem to have with other lines.

Do you know of any solid case available in the Studio Series line? Because there doesn't seem to have been any in the 2 years of the line's existence.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087933)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2020 @ 11:16pm CST
bacem wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
bacem wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

The UW version already reversed Mixmaster so that's taken care of.

That doesn't look reversed to me

TF-Unite-Warriors-Mixmaster.jpg

It's got a grill, windows and exhaust pipes, looks like a barebones truck cab as any.

The point is Takara took a part that part and painted it to look like a truck cab. With the paint apps, it certainly looks more like a truck cab than the back of a cement mixer.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087934)
Posted by william-james88 on November 25th, 2020 @ 11:25pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:With a pretty substantial break until the next live action Studio Series figures, I thought it’d be fun to go through everyone’s top 3 figures from each size class for Studio Series so far. Pictures aren’t required but I figured I’d throw them in to spice things up.

Great idea!

For deluxes, I would go with Car Dropkick, Ratchet (I just really like playing with the mold) and Soundwave.

For voyagers it goes to Sentinel Prime, Starscream and Movie 1 Megatron (But Ironhide, Scrapper and Blitzwing are all great too, voyagers are easily the standouts in this whole series).

For leaders it would be Grimlock, DOTM Megatron and mmm... Shockwave. I just really love that robot mode that so many flaws get drowned out.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087945)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on November 26th, 2020 @ 5:46am CST

I like this idea too,so here goes:

Deluxe:
1) Leadfoot, has grown on me so much since purchase, really fun design.
2) 07 Bumblebee, looks great and glad to finally have a deluxe Bee in camero form.
3) Lockdown, one of my favourite characters and love this toy.

Voyager:
1) Blitzwing, this is one of the few figures I keep coming back to and messing with, so fun and just looks imposing.
2) Scrapper, fell in love with this as soon as I transformed him, such a fun conversion.
3) Bonecrusher, not much to say other than I adore this guy.

Leader:
1) Jetfire, again one of my favourite characters and the Blackbird is one of my favourite aircraft, just adore this figure looks incredible.
2) Blackout, my first SS purchase and originally was meant to be the only one before I got roped in, definitely looks the part and a good first impression (clearly).
3) Scavenger, I like all the leaders in this line but Scavenger just feels so big and imposing, and forms part of my favourite SS figure, but on his own just looks great in my opinion.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087946)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 26th, 2020 @ 6:41am CST
I barely bought any SS figures so far so my list will only be one of each:

Deluxe: '07 Jazz. He's tiny, yes. But the car is perfect, the transformation is stellar and clever, and only the MPM have a more accurate robot mode. Very impressive.

Voyager: I was about to say '07 Starscream. But then I remembered that he needed massive amount of floor polish in his crotch plate joint. Plus these two chest panels that keep popping off in transformation. So, Bee Optimus is the champ. The bot is awesome and the only flaw of the truck mode is the back of the cab is a wee bit too thick. Regardless, this is one superbly designed bot.

Leader: AoE Grimlock. Simple yet imaginative transformation. Intimidating Zombie T-Rex mode. Breathtaking Death Knight mode. And a sick paint job rarely seen on retail figures. One of the very few leader class figures I bought at full price without any regrets!
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087951)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 26th, 2020 @ 10:02am CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

That's lazy.

It's about as good as it gets so far. Everything can be improved upon.

Like reversing Mixmaster and redoing Long Haul?

If they can really do some magic with Mixmaster then great, but the UW version is perfect as is. Personally, I'd like to see them redo the figures they added joints to so the added bits don't stick out so much. Oh, and definitely tighten up the combined mode joints, I found that when posed for more than a day, the forearms got loose.
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087962)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on November 26th, 2020 @ 4:11pm CST
Thanksgiving seems like a good time to list favorites. I’m at work so I don’t have time to find and use images - don’t want my doggy day camp to get out of hand.

Deluxe:
-1- Dropkick car version
-2- Offroad Bumblebee
-3- Shatter jet version

These three are the ones I have the most fun transforming repeatedly and I love the designs. Dropkick especially is one of my favorite Transformers just because I like the design so much and both modes look so clean. I actually bought an extra Dropkick just to keep on my desk to mess with.

Voyager:
-1- ‘07/RotF Starscream
-2- Blitzwing
-3- Long Haul

It’s so hard to choose 3 voyagers so a few others right there at the top for me are Ironhide, Thundercracker, and Scrapper. Studio Series voyagers are almost always great but these are my favorites to mess with and just how they look. Starscream is a neat flawless toy at the scale I always wanted (and finally with rotating hands!), Ironhide is essentially perfect and way too fun to transform, Blitzwing is crazy fun and was worth the long wait, Scrapper is just fun and cool, Long Haul I’ve been waiting to get a new toy of for a decade and Thundercracker was surprisingly great - the quality of the Nitro Zeus mold with much better colors and a great head sculpt.

Leader:
-1- Blackout
-2- Grimlock
-3- Shockwave

Panels or not, Blackout is nearly everything I wanted after buying the terrible old voyager off eBay. Huge, imposing, just awesome all around. Grimlock is more fun to mess with and transform, and was such a relief to open after not being a fan of any of the AoE and TLK toys. Also appropriately huge and intimidating but I was more excited to get Blackout in general. Shockwave just looks amazing and I don’t even care he has a dull alt mode, very cool.

I’ve gone 100% all in on Studio Series since the start (outside of Japan/con exclusives and unnecessary repaints like Camaro Bee with Charlie), only TF line I’ve ever done that with. Hope it can keep up a bit longer but if it does fade out more after SS86 and Dino/Cybertronian Bee (which I really want both of) I’ll be pretty satisfied
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2087979)
Posted by Emerje on November 26th, 2020 @ 10:54pm CST
Well, Target cancelled my Skipjack due to unforeseen circumstances. Guess I'm paying extra to get one in store.

Emerje
Re: Case Contents Confirm that Studio Series 86 figures are Not a Subline but part of the Main Line (2088016)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 27th, 2020 @ 5:23pm CST
Tonton is a early bird again with a video review if SS Bee Starscream!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse  Battle Call OPTIMUS PRIME Brand New In Box BumbleBee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Go-Bots Combiner Puzzler set Vintage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Mixmaster W/Devastator’s Big Gun, Drill, Original 1984 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Constructicon Scavenger - Sealed - Light Wear" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 42 Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Outback Gun" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY