Transformers News: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed

Thursday, August 9th, 2018 9:16PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,612

While it may not seem that way, there is indeed a fourth wave of Transformers Power of the Primes products but we only knew of the deluxe wave so far. Of course, that is because the deluxe wave is the only wave with a new figure, Novastar. However, there were probably going to be repacks in the other classes to have enough product for the holiday season since the fourth wave time frame coincides with the most crucial time for retailers to stock shelves.

We had no indication of what toys would be repacked, until now. Entertainment Earth has a listing for Optimal Optimus offered alone but only coming out October 2018, which is the same release date for the wave 4 deluxe wave. Since this website only sells items solo when they are packaged in solid cases, it would mean that the wave 4 leader case content is just Optimal Optimus packed twice. This is good news for anyone who has been having a hard time finding POTP Leader Optimal Optimus, as you will be getting another chance to get him at retail.

Credit(s): Entertainment Earth

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977672)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on August 9th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CDT
I'll keep my preorder for Optimal Optimus
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977676)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on August 9th, 2018 @ 9:57pm CDT
That...is such good news. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977677)
Posted by Lucky Logician on August 9th, 2018 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977681)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977683)
Posted by kurthy on August 9th, 2018 @ 10:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?

I'd take that bet on American B&M stores. We all know you'll have plenty of options in Canada.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977688)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2018 @ 10:49pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?

Dammit, you saw right through me.

Whats sad though is that you have more options in the US (if you start counting Krogers and Walgreens) so i think its more in relation to inventory management which is easier in a smaller population
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977691)
Posted by kurthy on August 9th, 2018 @ 10:58pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
kurthy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?

Dammit, you saw right through me.

Walgreens only stocks deluxe and cyberverse. Anything more than $20 l, they don't touch. I have no Kroger's or Ollie's near me, so I can't speak to them. Walmart and Target are pretty happy with empty shelf spots leading into Black Friday.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977692)
Posted by Skritz on August 9th, 2018 @ 11:16pm CDT
Well, if we end up with rows upon rows of shelf-warming Optimal Optimus then I'm sure customizers who want a Primal Prime will be happy. :DANCE:
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977695)
Posted by Zeedust on August 9th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Unfortunately only Hasbro knows when on the 13th the SDCC exclusives will be made available, and they aren’t telling. Last year at Hascon, they just featured TR Grotusque at a panel that Friday morning and basically said “Go get him now on HTS!” with no warning, and it was sold out in short order.

Good thing the Throne set is getting s general release by Takara later. Hopefully there'll be enough to go around once that happens.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977697)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 9th, 2018 @ 11:47pm CDT
I was never over the moon about OpOp or even the Thrones version. If I see it in stores, I'll pick it up just for my Prime collection. I'm still hunting for the deluxes and voyagers I missed out on.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977718)
Posted by mordhelm on August 10th, 2018 @ 3:59am CDT
Most Kroger stores will stock master through deluxe for Generations. Studio series seems to get both deluxe and voyager. From the 10ish I have been to.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977731)
Posted by ScottyP on August 10th, 2018 @ 7:46am CDT
kurthy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?

Target will probably stock it during the holiday season.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977733)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 10th, 2018 @ 8:01am CDT
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977734)
Posted by kurthy on August 10th, 2018 @ 8:11am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
kurthy wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote: no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4.

Want to bet?

Target will probably stock it during the holiday season.

My local targets usually don't stock leaders between September and December. When they do, it's the first wave of a new line. The last time I saw a leader in the fall was AOE Grimlock (and that kept shelf warming for another 6 months after).
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977736)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Why couldn't we get more figures for Wave 4, even if it was just repaints? I need extra limb bots. :(
Blame Siege.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977738)
Posted by steve2275 on August 10th, 2018 @ 8:34am CDT
I like that armor look
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977741)
Posted by o.supreme on August 10th, 2018 @ 9:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Blame Siege.

I do...for a great many things... :-x

But all that aside, I guess one good thing perhaps about this *brand unification* is that seemingly (although it could just be coincidence) when it comes time for the factory to manufacture the toys for Takara, Hasbro can put in an order for more volume since the toys are the same. I believe this is why we have seen a resurgence of wave 2 since its initial run was so sparse (perhaps why Hasbro was able to respond to a request form fans, whereas in times past they were not able to).

Like I said it could be coincidence, but the dates of Takara releases, and the return of Wave 2 to U.S. store shelves just seems to match up. The End of August seems to be the release date of Optimal Optimus in Japan, though he has yet to show up anywhere in the U.S. IIRC. Perhaps we will start seeing him sooner than later if that is the case.
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977745)
Posted by william-james88 on August 10th, 2018 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Blame Siege.

But siege is awesone, i wish it could come out sooner
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977746)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on August 10th, 2018 @ 10:13am CDT
Does anybody customize their Prime Masters?
Re: Case Contents for Wave 4 of Transformers Power of the Primes Leader Class Possibly Revealed (1977748)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on August 10th, 2018 @ 10:31am CDT
I plan on customizing mine, painting all the details and such, I just haven't got to it yet.

Lucky Logician wrote:I hear you saying there will be a Wave 4. But, if we're honest with ourselves, we all know that no retailers will be stocking any Wave 4. Too much glut from Wave 1 or 2 will be clogging shelves. Or they'll be waiting for Siege to come out.

What glut? :-? The only glut I've seen with Power of the Primes has been Skullgrin/Dauros with the Liege Maximo Prime Master., and Skrapnel for a while (but even he's managed to shift more than Maximo), with the shelves and pegs picked nearly or entirely clean of every other POTP product in every size class - aside from the Studio Series, the Transformers sections were looking like ghost towns for a while! And now that the Wave 2 restock has finally hit, it seems to be selling at a decent rate.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked