CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts

CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 6:28am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 39,944

Crazy Devy has revealed their first upgrade for Generation 1 Omega Supreme. Since the teaser image apppeared a couple weeks ago, speculation has been rampant on what kind of upgrade Crazy Devy could bring to this fan favorite toy.

Omega Supreme will be getting newly designed track pieces. This new upgrade also looks to make Omega Supreme taller by enabling a new leg-foot connection. They say he will be 330 mm tall which is just over 1 foot. This has an August/September release date.

Credit(s): Crazy Devy, TFSource, Zombiethon

Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262605)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 20th, 2011 @ 6:55am CDT
Well... nothing here for me to get. Move along home!
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262616)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 20th, 2011 @ 7:18am CDT
Allow me to ask a question. >:oP

Crazy Devy, you and I have had some good times. We hooked up with Devastator and flirted with Predaking, but then you showed your true nature and got all golddigger on me. That's fine, I accept that.

However, in the course of that run, you had an abusive relationship with my friend Divebomb and ended up having to pay for damages where the most simple and easy QC would have revealed a problem prior to that.

NOW, you expect me to buy and apply parts, to a toy, known for having weak and breakable moving parts, in the area of that toy containing weak, breakable moving parts?

I think I speak for most here when I say GTFO with your teaser image crap.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262667)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 20th, 2011 @ 8:43am CDT
Love how the huge font obscures much of the product they're trying to sell.

I wonder how this will affect transformation. I don't have an Omega Supreme, so I'm int he dark.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262679)
Posted by quickmixed on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:01am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Love how the huge font obscures much of the product they're trying to sell.

On the Original Omega, those yellow clips you see came off and the leg split in half giving you two peices of raised track per leg for the tank to drive along in station mode. I cant actually tell from this pic though if it even has tracks up the side??

Either way, this a pass for me. Im happy with Omega the way he is.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262701)
Posted by Rated X on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT
Wonderful, the people ask for leg articulation, and they get larger train tracks...
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262705)
Posted by Joetx on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
Wasn't Omega Supreme about a foot tall anyway?
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262707)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 20th, 2011 @ 9:41am CDT
Joetx wrote:Wasn't Omega Supreme about a foot tall anyway?

Ohh. Would love to hear his original heigh. Anyone have one handy... and a ruler?
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262756)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:29am CDT
*Checks* Eleven inches by the top of his head. One solid foot by the top of his wings.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262766)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 20th, 2011 @ 10:37am CDT
330 millimeters = 12.992126 inches

Hmmmmm. Pondering this....
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1262999)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 20th, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
Shame it's CrazyDevy, because that's an accessory that's actually well thought out.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263002)
Posted by DavidT on July 20th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
Omega Giant's Power Parts! ;)

Bwahaha! That's Hilarious!
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263113)
Posted by Stormrider on July 20th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
Not too interested now.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263115)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 20th, 2011 @ 5:49pm CDT
For the record... I am SORELY, SORELY disappointed that during the movie hype, there was no Omega Supreme at Taco Bell. Seriously. What's up with that. :-(
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263330)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 20th, 2011 @ 11:34pm CDT
So, not even two weeks since the original Omega teaser pic that we get to see product description and a pic of the upgraded figure. That's not too bad.

Larger track pieces (a la Predaking's wings) look pretty neat. I also like the aesthetics of the leg extensions, now OS isn't so stout.

I don't own a G1 OS yet, so I'm not sure if I'll get this or not. Price is what I expect from CD. I only hope it doesn't cause problems for the base figure.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263520)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 21st, 2011 @ 8:15am CDT
I suppose this is a sign that I'm getting too picky: I had hoped for new legs. Is there any indication of added articulation? Are they simply extensions? I don't operate the legs on my vintage Omega because I know how fragile those little clear plastic wheels are that drive the legs. I certainly wouldn't risk added weight and resistance. Perhaps this will be better for Encore owners.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263885)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 21st, 2011 @ 4:41pm CDT
Bah! One extra inch make little to no difference to me. These parts do nothing for Omega.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1263899)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 21st, 2011 @ 5:02pm CDT
Depending on how he measured, I'm guessing it could be one or two inches taller. With him saying GIAAANT, I'b be really disappointed if it were one inch.

Wish we had some comparison pics, but then... I'm preaching to the choir.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1264053)
Posted by 2002stanggt on July 21st, 2011 @ 9:20pm CDT
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1265380)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 24th, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
2002stanggt wrote:I was really hoping this was a cool head upgrade just like all the other combiner first upgrades are.

Not sure how that'd be possible without some massive retooling/work on the original head.
Re: CDMW-24 Omega Giant's Power Parts (1265402)
Posted by Stormrider on July 24th, 2011 @ 10:26am CDT
I think upgrading G1 Omega Supreme are not worth while. Upgrades that would make him worthy of his anime/comic book appearance are complex - such has a new head and new leg articulation. And complex + CrazyDevy = expensive.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BLIZZARD STRIKE SWELTER, Mini-Con 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY