Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More!

Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More!

Monday, February 26th, 2007 7:43pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 18,208

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

IDW's Chris Ryall has always been open to the fans. After coming back from a busy weekend at New York New York Comicon, Ryall has set up a thread in the IDW forums to answer fan questions. He has already answered a few and in doing so has revealed some new information about the Transformers and New Avengers Crossover and other stuff. Here is the new information about the big crossover:

- It will take place before Marvel's Civil War.

- The Avengers line-up will include old guard members like Iron Man (when he was likable!) and Captain America (before he surrendered!), along with Spider-Man (still in the red and blues, not back in black), Wolverine, Ms. Marvel and Luke Cage, and even some lesser-seens like the Falcon.

- There is a threat on Latverian/Symkarian border that could potentially bring about war.

- Marvel's will be assigning one of their colorists to the project

- Only Marvel artist will be doing the covers.

- It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).

- The bots will pretty much be the same ones in both Infiltration and Escalation.

Information about Beast Wars:

- Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."

- Beast Wars profile books planned for August.

To keep track of what Ryall reveals and to ask your own questions click here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall


This article was last modified on Monday, February 26th, 2007 8:00pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35219)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:07pm CST
Shouldn't it be "Beast Wars: The AscenSION"?
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35222)
Posted by Autobobby1 on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:08pm CST
The crossover sounds amazing. Of course, this might happen...
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35233)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:15pm CST
Hotrod wrote:It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).


Oh, that's not good. Not good at all...

Hotrod wrote:- Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."

- Beast Wars profile books planned for August.


Like I'm gonna believe that. These things have been bounced around more times than a hockey puck. Call me pessimistic, but I'm waiting for them to announce another "new" release date.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35286)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:45pm CST
Chris Ryall wrote:- It's set in-continuity to place it in the IDW timeline, but it's still a standalone thing that probably won't be felt in the regular comics (techincally, where it takes place, it's already happened...). IDW might vaguely refer to it (and certainly it impacts one TF not appearing in future stories of our books).


Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35315)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:53pm CST
I like them bringing back Beast Wars.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35323)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on February 26th, 2007 @ 8:57pm CST
YAY! More Beast Wars!
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35372)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:16pm CST
Wheelie could die.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35384)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:21pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:


Powermaster Jazz wrote:Wheelie could die.


'Cept none of those Autobots has been in Infiltration or Escalation. Heck, given his usual life expectancy in the G.I. JOE crossovers, they'll probably cap the 'Bee. :-P
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35410)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:29pm CST
Jaw Crusher wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:


Powermaster Jazz wrote:Wheelie could die.


'Cept none of those Autobots has been in Infiltration or Escalation. Heck, given his usual life expectancy in the G.I. JOE crossovers, they'll probably cap the 'Bee. :-P


That's why I chose Gears or Skids. Neither of them are in the series and they said that it will impact someone who would not be in futures stories. Maybe it's not what I'm thinking though.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35426)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:35pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:
Jaw Crusher wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:Maybe this means an Autobot is going to die? Maybe Gears and Spider man are gonna hang out for old times sakes? If anyone is planned to die, you know it'll be skids. Marvel has always hated him. :lol:


Powermaster Jazz wrote:Wheelie could die.


'Cept none of those Autobots has been in Infiltration or Escalation. Heck, given his usual life expectancy in the G.I. JOE crossovers, they'll probably cap the 'Bee. :-P


That's why I chose Gears or Skids. Neither of them are in the series and they said that it will impact someone who would not be in futures stories. Maybe it's not what I'm thinking though.


Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35450)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:42pm CST
Yay for August!
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35451)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:42pm CST
Jaw Crusher wrote:Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html


Problem is, that doesn't solve anything. All of the 'cons active in Infiltration have proven (at least as of Escalation #1) to still be around.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35469)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 26th, 2007 @ 9:48pm CST
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Jaw Crusher wrote:Actually, the answer can be found here: http://tformers.com/Ryall-Answers-Fans-Questions-On-TFAvengers-Crossover/7231/news.html


Problem is, that doesn't solve anything. All of the 'cons active in Infiltration have proven (at least as of Escalation #1) to still be around.

I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, I don't want to spoil it anyways.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35518)
Posted by Chaotix12345 on February 26th, 2007 @ 10:01pm CST
[quote="Hotrod"]Beast Wars books are planned for August. The title is "The Ascending."[quote]This is sooo awesome!More beast wars comics!!
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35574)
Posted by JazZeke on February 26th, 2007 @ 10:19pm CST
In contiuity with the IDW comics? How the heck with THAT work??? I hope it'll be some inter-dimensional rift or something, because it would be completely LAME to have these super-beings running around in the IDWTFU and not make any signifigant impact expect for this one instance. Plus I think it would demean the contunuity, in a way..
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35678)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 26th, 2007 @ 11:20pm CST
JazZeke wrote:In contiuity with the IDW comics? How the heck with THAT work??? I hope it'll be some inter-dimensional rift or something, because it would be completely LAME to have these super-beings running around in the IDWTFU and not make any signifigant impact expect for this one instance. Plus I think it would demean the contunuity, in a way..


:BOT: As mentioned above having it "in continuity" causes serious problems. I like how Josh Blaylock handled Devils Due's GI Joe/Transformers crossovers: set it in its own alternate continuity. This saves several headaches. And stoywise it made sense: if Decepticons existed in the GI Joe world, then they would be fighting them instead of Cobra since they're the bigger threat.

Having Transformers exist in Marvel means that IDW's continuity has to be filled with Marvel superheroes which would be odd.

And don't get me started on Death's Head and how Circuit Breaker fits in the Marvel Universe and now IDW... might as well throw in Doc Brown, Marty, & the DeLorean to fix this time paradox.

Once again, don't get me wrong. I love New Avengers. I love Transformers. I love the idea of a crossover... just don't muddle with continuity :) :CON:
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35765)
Posted by the purifyer on February 27th, 2007 @ 3:33am CST
yay Iron Man. Now I'm getting a copy for sure.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35807)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 27th, 2007 @ 5:55am CST
Good news about some more BW. If well written and drawn like "The Gathering", it'll be worth the read.

And profile books rule!
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35882)
Posted by Duke of Luns on February 27th, 2007 @ 8:10am CST
So, it's actually happening? Man, this is HUGE news, and I'm gonna have to get it for sure. Four or six issues? And I think I read a spoiler for Civil War #7, dang it. Oh well, I won't know the exact details till I eventually read it, so it's not all bad.

And more Beast Wars is good. I hope they do some deeper characterizations than the original mini-series, but at least most if not all the pieces are in play, so it'll be fun to see where it goes.
Re: Chris Ryall Answering Questions About the Transformers / New Avengers Crossover, Beast Wars, and More! (35888)
Posted by Psychout on February 27th, 2007 @ 8:21am CST
Cant wait to see how Wolverine can regen having his head torn off by an evil giant robot...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY