Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover

Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover

Monday, May 5th, 2008 3:15pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 20,370

IDW Publishing's editor Chris Ryall has updated his blog Ryall Time with a picture of the retailer exclusive All Hail Megatron #1 cover. The inked covered shows the Decepticon Leader taking a snapshot with camera/espionage expert Reflector.

Ryall states that Reflector is not a character in the All Hail series, but was created as a special "fun" shot for a UK based comic shop.

The art is done by new TF artist Casey Coller, a winner of one of the IDW Publishing's fan-run art contests held recently.

To view the full blog entry, click here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

This article was last modified on Monday, May 5th, 2008 4:14pm CDT

Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693900)
Posted by Lord T on May 5th, 2008 @ 3:19pm CDT
Instantly recognisable. I wish I could get this near me but sadly I'll have to settle with the normal version. :-(
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693902)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 5th, 2008 @ 3:20pm CDT
awwwww Megs looks like hes having fun :P

but anyway great artwork I wanna see it in color
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693914)
Posted by ponycorn on May 5th, 2008 @ 3:30pm CDT
Megatron, still cute when he smiles. :oops:

So I wonder if this means we'll see Reflector in All Hail. He's not on the Focus On roll call list, but I'd like to get to know him more. The only thing I remember much about him was him saying, all three in unison, that something or another would be a "piece of oil cake." Granted, he/they sounded pretty cool saying it.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693919)
Posted by ponycorn on May 5th, 2008 @ 3:32pm CDT
ponycorn wrote:Megatron, still cute when he smiles. :oops:

I wish we would see Reflector in All Hail. I'd like to get to know him more. The only thing I remember much about him was him saying, all three in unison, that something or another would be a "piece of oil cake." Granted, he/they sounded pretty cool saying it.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693954)
Posted by dragons on May 5th, 2008 @ 4:05pm CDT
ill be getting the trade paper back this issue cover may be included in the cover gallery so either way ill be getting this cover maybe.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (693983)
Posted by darkqueen01 on May 5th, 2008 @ 4:31pm CDT
I want that cover specifically for the only reason that it scares the crap out of me. But to order it all the way from Britain? *tear* Either way, it's really awesome. The more I see work from this comic the more I want to collect instead of waiting for a bound volume.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694039)
Posted by The Chronic on May 5th, 2008 @ 5:16pm CDT
wonder what hes taking a pic of?
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694059)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 5th, 2008 @ 5:37pm CDT
"Say Cheese Soundwave!"

That is one helluva cover!
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694085)
Posted by JaAm on May 5th, 2008 @ 5:58pm CDT
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694094)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 5th, 2008 @ 6:07pm CDT
I think we found the TPB cover for this. :grin:
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694120)
Posted by The Chronic on May 5th, 2008 @ 6:35pm CDT
JaAm wrote:It's actually based off the Batman book, "The Deadly Joke," which debuted The Joker.

its the killing joke this guy has a pic of the same cover posted ^
in it the joker 'remembers' his origin he is taking a picture of barbra gordon naked after he shot her though the spine paralising her for life

trilobitepictures wrote:BRILLIANT!

Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694132)
Posted by Rainbow Starscream on May 5th, 2008 @ 6:51pm CDT
Totally bad ass. I like it lots. :grin:
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694209)
Posted by olokin on May 5th, 2008 @ 8:37pm CDT
This would look great in color. Recognized the Bolland homage immediately.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694224)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 5th, 2008 @ 8:57pm CDT
Even being a Dealer Incentive limited cover, I stand a good chance of seeing this one in my box at the local specialty comic shop. I know the store owners pretty well and they dump EVERYTHING TF related in my box which is how I have gotten Autographed and sealed limited edition and limited Holofoil TF comics. This would make my 4th dealer incentive cover. Can't wait! :grin:
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694236)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on May 5th, 2008 @ 9:10pm CDT
LOL
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694240)
Posted by Defcon! on May 5th, 2008 @ 9:13pm CDT
Kickass cover! I will definately try to get this some way some how! ;)^
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694252)
Posted by Animus on May 5th, 2008 @ 9:25pm CDT
I wonder if he's going to shoot Elita One thru the spine to paralyze her, then rape her. Then force Alpha Trion to look at the pictures of it. With Optimus Prime running in to make the save, beat Megatron half to death. And Megatron making a joke that Optimus laughs at.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694348)
Posted by steve2275 on May 6th, 2008 @ 12:05am CDT
coller needs to be on the payrol now :grin:
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694654)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on May 6th, 2008 @ 12:16pm CDT
The Killing Joke is one of my all time favorite books. I love the homage here. Clever using Reflector as the camera. I can't believe I never thought of this.
Re: Chris Ryall posts Retailer Exclusive All Hail #1 Cover (694687)
Posted by The Prophet on May 6th, 2008 @ 12:57pm CDT
Megatron looks pretty happy about whatever he's taking a picture of. I'd love to see the picture in color..... :)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY