Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One

Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One

Tuesday, December 6th, 2011 9:12pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 31,043

Chris Ryall has revealed via his twitter feed a never before seen interior page from Transformers ReGeneration One #80.5. This gives you a good idea of the art and coloring style for the continuing series. This issue will be available May 5 for Free Comic Book Day. The image has been mirrored below.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall Twitter Feed

Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320283)
Posted by Heavy B on December 6th, 2011 @ 9:18pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:i've still been trying to read issues 1-80. Those reprint TPB's are a bitch to find
You should go for the newest 2011-onward reprints from IDW. They're higher quality remastered and include all the missing from the previous 2008-2010 reprints.

FINALLY. Got the first one and the U.K. reprint at mycomicshop.com
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320290)
Posted by Galvatron X on December 6th, 2011 @ 9:29pm CST

I dunno, it looks kinda "amateur-ish". Something about the poses and "anatomy" looks off.

Kup doesn't look very old, does he?
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320291)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on December 6th, 2011 @ 9:32pm CST
Galvatron X wrote:I'm guessing a lot of complaining about that art is gonna start right......now! :D

I dunno, it looks kinda amateur-ish. Something about the poses look off.

Kup doesn't look very old, does he?

This is Andrew Wildman's style, and how the last several issues of the original comic were drawn. I expect that if any complaints about the artwork were to happen, it'd be from people who don't know either of those things.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320295)
Posted by Galvatron X on December 6th, 2011 @ 9:50pm CST
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Uhhhh, okay...

No, I didn't know that about Wildman and his style. But, now that I do:

Kup doesn't look very old, does he?
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320322)
Posted by Poyguimogul on December 6th, 2011 @ 11:24pm CST
I really love that retro-look. Granted, the bottom left panel of prime's face is more modern looking, it's not overly off putting.
A-Dubz gonna' kill it. (I know it's different team all together but) the retro-stepper manga pages really got me excited, and seeing this page now, makes me want this book so bad. Which I had not felt on the majority of IDW TF books since Megatron : Origin #1.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320353)
Posted by Seibertron on December 7th, 2011 @ 1:29am CST
Ultra Magnus is in the book! Hell yeah! Hopefully the UK continuity will be acknowledged on some level.

I still can't believe we're getting this book. I'm extremely excited about it.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320362)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on December 7th, 2011 @ 2:11am CST
Is it just me or do they look like they're starving?
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320392)
Posted by Blackstreak on December 7th, 2011 @ 6:15am CST
That's amazing. It retains the original style of drawing while adding in a modern touch. I like! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320463)
Posted by partholon on December 7th, 2011 @ 9:57am CST

I was wondeing how the new art would look and i have to say im delighted with it .

a lovely blend of the new and the old style andy had, with beautiful colours to boot.

cant belive how much i want to see this book now. about the only thing worrying me is im not sure if i can get regeneration 80.5 as it a "Free comic bood day" comicn and NONE of my local shops support that.

if memeory serves the last time IDW tried that was the "focus on decepticons" comic that previewed all hail megatron and that never showed up either.

hopefully my online retailer will allow me to buy it as im fecked if im going to miss this if i can help it.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320467)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:01am CST
This is the best TF news I've heard in a long time. Seeing those pane3ls with Kup, Hot Rod, Prime and Magnus instantly took me back to my early days of comic collecting. Yeah, a lot of the younger crowd is going to tear this apart and just dump all over it because of the art and likely the story considering where the original series ended, but having grown up with the original comic series I can honestly say that ReGeneration is going to be the coolest thing to come out for G1 fans since the Classics toy-line first started. I still have most of my original TF comics including 8 out of the first 10 original issues, the last 15 issues of the series and the complete G2 run (short-lived as it was). This continuation will be firing up just after my Birthday and my return home after a 5 month jaunt so this will be like a combination B-day/Welcome Home present for me to get for myself. :grin: :grin: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320555)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on December 7th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CST
I'm glad that G2 is still part of the story.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320557)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 7th, 2011 @ 1:52pm CST
Supreme Convoy wrote:I'm glad that G2 is still part of the story.
I though Furman said he was going to go a different route from it.

From what I could tell of this, he might be making little references to it without openly stating it to be in continuity with this. Wish it was, though. :-|
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320578)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 7th, 2011 @ 2:46pm CST
Great hybrid style. I'll be buying comics again based SOLELY on these comics coming out. I'd quit after all the bland human-centric action in many of the IDW comics.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320584)
Posted by RhA on December 7th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CST
Okay. That's it. I'm getting back into comics.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320615)
Posted by Windsweeper on December 7th, 2011 @ 4:13pm CST
I've waited almost 20 years for this. However, Furman's characterisations when he's not writing Thunderwing, Prime, Grimlock, the Dinobots, Nightbeat, Scorponok, Megatron, Shockwave or Starscream tend to be generic. He should never be allowed near Prowl or Cyclonus who he reduces to a thug like most Cons he writes.

As for Wildman's art, I don't like it. His UK work was good but his US work was when he gave us the fleshy faces which I disliked as much as the Bayfaces. Already hating his woefully small Ultra Magnus and those linked eyes. He seems to be of the Actionmaster mentality where all the TF's are the same size.Bring back Geoff Senior!

BTW, I'm an old fan who dislikes Wildman's art.

Gripes aside, I am looking forward to this greatly.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320618)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 7th, 2011 @ 4:18pm CST
Yeah, I agree on a lot of these counts (sizing, faces, thug versions of Prowl...). I'm hoping IDW will reel both Furman and Wildman in a bit on things like the sizing issue, personalities, etc.... and have them both kinda compromise on some of the style and character decisions. Get them all a bit more of in line with the more accepted versions of the characters.

But what I saw of Prime and magnus and kup. Not bad. Not a lot of complaints with the art. I'd just love to avoid some of those drooling spittle and human teeth kinda shots. Those were a little weird.

AND yeah, I'm loving me some Geoff Senior. His stylized versions of the characters always rocked. Windsweeper... ya got good taste, my friend.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320625)
Posted by RhA on December 7th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CST
Yup, Geoff would float my boat better... But honestly, Wildman is no punishment.

GEEWUN, baby. GEEWUN.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320645)
Posted by partholon on December 7th, 2011 @ 5:55pm CST
Geoff is my favourite and i'd kill for him to be doing the book.

but the fact is the guys hip deep in advertising now and just doesnt have the time.

im sure furman will coax some covers out of the guy.

maybe even the odd back up strip ala his G2 work.

but sadly were just not gonna get him. so ive no problem with andy as while his style is radically different, its just as iconic in his own way.

TBH now i think about it i'd LOVE it if IDW managed to get some of the old schoolers to do some covers.

guys like will simpson and dan reed. now THAT would be fun

Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320666)
Posted by Kiyza on December 7th, 2011 @ 6:56pm CST
Hrm, I kind of like the artwork for this page. Something about the expressions looks a little unusual for me, but the two shots of Prime's face look really good to me.

I have a feeling that this series is going to be my gateway drug into comic books, since Transformers has gotten me into western animation on the whole, and now toy collecting.

I'm actually kind of afraid to go into a comic store, since I feel very... out of place there, especially if my main reason for going in Transformers comics. I'd have to imagine the guys there might poke fun at me a little for not buying something mainstream like Marvel or DC's stuff. I know that's a common stereotype of comic book owners, but I've been in the stores in my area and talked to the employees, and they seem very stuck up, and acted like they looked down on me a little because I'm big into manga. Maybe I'll pick up something else I have mild interest in to make myself seem a little less suspicious.
Re: Chris Ryall Reveals Interior Page From Transformers ReGeneration One (1320733)
Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 on December 7th, 2011 @ 10:11pm CST

no complaints from me, I love the retro look.Brings to life the idea that this is truly a continuation of the original run

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY