Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight

Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight

Friday, September 23rd, 2016 11:27am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 40,468

Seibertronians, multiple news sources from the U.K. are reporting that Transformers: The Last Knight has continued filming in England by turning a home owned by Winston Churchill and his estate into Nazi Headquarters.

Yes, they have turned "Blenheim Palace", the early seventeen hundreds castle which was the birthplace of the WWII hero, into a recreation of Hitler's main HQ, with large Swastika flags and reportedly SS soldiers on the grounds.

This desicion has drawn some controversy from many communities, but what do you think? Do you find this to be in poor taste? Are you offended, or think it is alright? Tell us in the discussion below.

And, more to the point, how do you think Nazis will play into the Last Knight story? Escpecially considering the movie is already featuring the modern day and King Arthur-era time periods.

Check out a before and after compiarison of the castle below.
Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

And, as always, keep it right here, on seibertron.com for all the latest Transformers: The Last Knight news.

Credit(s): The Sun, The Guardian

This article was last modified on Friday, September 23rd, 2016 5:30pm CDT

Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827628)
Posted by JazZeke on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:31am CDT
That just seems in poor taste to me.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827631)
Posted by Autobot N on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:35am CDT
As long as I get to see Hound punt a Nazi and yell MERICA, then I'm fine with it.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827635)
Posted by Bronzewolf on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:40am CDT
JazZeke wrote:That just seems in poor taste to me.

Yeah, I feel the same.

"I want to turn a english castle into a Nazi base...Wait, no, I want to turn one of the biggest heroes of WWII's castle into a Nazi base."

And, in all honesty, I find extreme interest in the World Wars. I think the technological advances were amazing, I just find it interesting. And I love period renacted documentaries about them, so seeing the second picture is kind of cool to me in a way??? Not in a "I'm a Neo-Nazi" kind of way, but in a historical way? With the lights and smoke and such. I think they totally should have gone with a different castle, but seeing it like that is facinating.

Ooh, boy, minefield there.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827636)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
What is this movie even anymore?!

I'm assuming at this point time travel HAS to be a thing. I know people have been claiming that forever, but I just don't see how Merlin, Nazis, and alien space robots disguised as police cars could otherwise fit together.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827638)
Posted by Bronzewolf on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:46am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:What is this movie even anymore?!

I disagree. I think it'll play out like the beginning of the first National Treasure movie, where a treasure or artifact goes through the hands of many legendary groups. It's something created by the transformers, that the Arthurians were protecting. Fast forward a few hundred years, and The Nazi's seized it during an attack on england, and then it goes on from there. Time travel's a possibility, too.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827639)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Is it too much to ask for Hasbro to include a lil Freya figurine with a TLK Transformers figure? :)

Yes Please
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827640)
Posted by MemphisR56 on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
I came here to submit this news!

I think it's sort of in poor taste, but you have to wonder which twat at blenheim signed off on the idea.

In a major case of terrible luck, Churchill has been added to the new plastic £5 notes, which entered circulation for the first time this month, so Churchill's legacy has been particularly high profile of late.

Paramount really screwed the pooch on this one. And it's a shame people will level criticism at hasbro and the transformers brand as a result. PR nightmare even though they had nothing to do with it.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827641)
Posted by Madeus Prime on September 23rd, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Bay: "Hey you know what'd be a good idea?"

Location scout: "Um...what?"

Bay: "I want to film part of the pointless flashback sequence in Nazi headquarters in Germany!"

Location scout: "Certainly Mr. Bay, I'll get on the phone with our people to find a place in Germany."

Bay: "Nah, don't worry, I found a nice mansion here."

Location scout: "Huh? Where? Like one of those hidden gem manor houses-?"

Bay: "What? No, I found this cool place called Blenheim Palace, it's famous!"

Location scout: "...You want to film what was the center of one of the most horrifying events in history in the home of the man who directed almost every effort against it and is still considered a heroic figure in history?!"

Bay: "Yeah! Why? Is that a problem?

Location scout: Image
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827644)
Posted by Randomhero on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:03pm CDT
How about everyone stop reminding us they need to be offended by everything and take a moment to use some common sense. To shoot there, multiple meetings were had to shoot there, the script had to be read and approved thoroughly. It wasn't just Bay saying "yeah let's just do it" That's no how that works.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827645)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:06pm CDT
We all knew bay was a douchebag this just solidifies it, the man has no respect for anything. Hes turned the franchise into a joke and now this
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827646)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:10pm CDT
This would be most justifiable if this movie's macguffix has the ability to create or enable travel between alternate realities, and this is the establishing shot for the Transformers-meet-the-Man-in-the-High-Castle universe where the Nazis won the war, but from what little we know about the plot, that doesn't seem likely.

The saddest part is that on the off chance this turns out to be the movie Bay finally knocks out of the park in terms of storytelling and characterization, it could end up tainted by the tastelessness of this scene in public memory, and Paramount and Hasbro will forbid him from replicating anything he does well here for TF6.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827648)
Posted by Big Grim on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:15pm CDT
It takes a hell of a lot to offend me. This is not offensive but is in poor taste and a case of blind stupidity.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827650)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
What the heck is going on in this film? :P
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827653)
Posted by JazZeke on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:18pm CDT
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827656)
Posted by Randomhero on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:29pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:I just wanna add; between Bumblebee pissing, Devastator's balls and now this, Bay has a knack for making me feel embarrassed to be a Transformers fan.

Yes it must be very difficult for you to tell people you're a transformers fan and they say "oh the movie that came out 10 years ago with the yellow robot that pees on someone for 3 seconds in a 2 hour long movie?" How do you get up in the morning with that much shame in your life? :roll:
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827658)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT

Animated made me embarrased to be a TF fan. Ok I wasn't the target audience but I tried giving it a go and that show made me cringe so badly til I had to give up on it and had nearly destroyed the renewed interested (apart from the very rare occassion of a cheap Armada, Energon, CYbertron figure purchase I hadn't had much interest in the franchise since the end of the G2 comic) I'd gained in Transformers from the classics line bringing back old faves and the 2007 movie finally giving me the more realistic and complex designs I had wanted since I was a kid. And Kissplayers embarrased me, not that I had any interest in it but somebody had posted about it to my mum on facebook and she seemed freaked out that she had ever bought me Transformers when I was a kid assuming that the entire line was that.

I'm pretty curious as to what the heck's going on here. Looking forward to it and it's toyline.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827661)
Posted by Insurgent on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:41pm CDT
Of all the castles and all the mansions in this country to choose, they picked that one? Probably the only one I have an issue with them doing that with?
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827662)
Posted by Evil Eye on September 23rd, 2016 @ 12:45pm CDT
I'm not OFFENDED by it as much as bamboozled. I mean, of all the places they thought would make a good Nazi base...Churchill's home? Doesn't seem poor taste so much as a weird decision. I mean there's plenty of places in the UK that would make a good "evil Nazi fortress". We've got thousands of castles and houses after all. And heck, why not use somewhere in Germany itself?

Oh yeah, they've got their ridiculous laws against anything even remotely Nazi-esque regardless of context. Well, that wouldn't work but the point still stands.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827673)
Posted by Microraptor on September 23rd, 2016 @ 1:00pm CDT
I'm going to guess this is an alternate "bad" future. That, or the nazis had a base that looked like Churchill's house so they're using it. I'm not offended or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is.
Re: Churchill home transformed into Nazi Base for Transformers 5: The Last Knight (1827676)
Posted by Deadput on September 23rd, 2016 @ 1:21pm CDT
You people are so damn sensitive why do you even care?

I bet most of you don't even have a personal connection to this and are just complaining because it's not what you want.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY