City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS!

City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS!

Monday, August 3rd, 2009 2:36pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 20,291

Seibertron.com members decepticon legion and ZenPrime inform us that site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has two new pre-orders for FansProject products.

The first confirms the rumour of a re-release of FP's famous City Commander armour set for Classics Ultra Magnus and the second is comprised of the extra weaponry that comes with the re-release. To visit the pre-order pages please click the links.

TFX-03 City Commander Add-On Set
City Commander re-release and ad-on set pre-order at bbts!
City Commander re-release and ad-on set pre-order at bbts!

City Commander Trailer Set with TFX-03 City Commander Add On Set
City Commander re-release and ad-on set pre-order at bbts!

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): decepticon legion, ZenPrime, Joseph Donegan, bbts.com

This article was last modified on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 5:26pm CDT

Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967173)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 3rd, 2009 @ 2:38pm CDT
[JRX] wrote:Do we know if this releases will feature Shadow Commander's "structure revisions" (specifically in the chest & wrists)

see here:
http://www.fansproject.com/wordpress/wp ... /chest.jpg
http://www.fansproject.com/wordpress/wp ... 0/fist.jpg

Yes it might even be even more improved.

This is awesome, I'll get just the ad-on set.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967180)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 3rd, 2009 @ 2:45pm CDT
Ah crumbs, all that work to post this and DM beat me to it!

12 bucks, oh so buying this! Thank you FP.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967188)
Posted by [JRX] on August 3rd, 2009 @ 2:58pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

see here:
http://www.fansproject.com/wordpress/wp ... /chest.jpg
http://www.fansproject.com/wordpress/wp ... 0/fist.jpg

Yes it might even be even more improved.

This is awesome, I'll get just the ad-on set.

Great news!

I got the original release and somehow popped out one of the little side-nipples the first time I transformed the guy!!! :-x
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967209)
Posted by Firebird on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:14pm CDT
Excellent news that there will be a way to get the new accesories without buying another commander trailer ( I already have 3, don't really want another one). I seem to be spending more and more money on the 3rd party stuff, and less and less on ROTF merchendise...
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967215)
Posted by Convotron on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:19pm CDT
ZenPrime wrote:
Convotron wrote:If this becomes official and the pre-orders are guaranteed, I'll be very pleased. As someone who missed CC the first time around, I'm jumping at the chance to get it this time. My Classics UM will no longer feel so naked.

If BBTS has the preorder up on their website it's pretty much offical. I think they confirm with their vendors before posting the preorders. I had emailed them last week to inquire about if they will have the TFC-005 Gear of War 2 Accessory Set preorder posted and they told me they have to confirm with their vendor first. They posted that preorder today as well:

Excellent! I think I was mentally preparing myself for a letdown in the case that the pre-order wasn't a finalized deal. I also recalled the cancellation of Hydrodrive Bumblebee(I was so looking forward to a better scale TFA Bumblebee) so that set my alarms off and my hopes for a decently priced City Commander add-on wavered.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967227)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:38pm CDT
For the record, I'm going through and deleting all this talk about DM's sig.

Please take the discussion up via PM or to an Admin (not saying there's any problem necessarily, but that's your recourse on the matter).
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967230)
Posted by Convotron on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:39pm CDT
Back to the topic then!

While I'm a relatively new collector, I think I have the collecting bug full on. The first thought that popped into my head when I saw the price of the pre-order was "How many meals can I skip per day to make up for the cost of the re-release City Commander?".

I think there's no turning back now.

Also, the transformable City Commander Cannon/UM Rifle is really neat.

P.S. I skipped breakfast today so that's one skipped meal down and a bunch more to go!
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967239)
Posted by It Is Him on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:45pm CDT
$12 for an add-on kit that doesn't suck? Done.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967243)
Posted by newbe_collector on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:50pm CDT
YES!! I love the new add-on kit for this mold. Already pre-ordered it on bbts but I'm not sure if I'll actually use the new missile launchers or not cause I love the way the vintage G1 launchers look on him. Almost considering buying the whole thing all over again for the mold improvements and to be able to attach the launchers to the outside in vehicle mode.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967248)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:56pm CDT
Credit(s): decepticon legion, ZodConvoy, bbts.com

Umm, as awesome as this is I had nothing to do with it. Except preordering those shoulder cannons and rifle add on of course.

I don't take credit not due to me. Thanks though!
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967250)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 3rd, 2009 @ 3:58pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Credit(s): decepticon legion, ZodConvoy, bbts.com

I don't take credit not due to me. Thanks though!

Oh hell I was so used to ur name starting with z I credited you.

Mistake corrected, thanks mate! :D
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967258)
Posted by Sid Burn on August 3rd, 2009 @ 4:02pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:For the record, I'm going through and deleting all this talk about DM's sig.

ah freedom of speech, nothing like it...

looks like we all get to continue enjoying that horrible avatar. Thanks for the help with that CP.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967259)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT

that kinda stings..
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967260)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 3rd, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT
That add-on set will be mine.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967270)
Posted by Convotron on August 3rd, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:the add on set rules.. but the whole new rerelease is kinda shitty for those of us who bought the original.. especially if the new release is much better in construction and has the mold fixes the newer ones have.. so basically we paid tons of money for a lesser quality product, while a newer version at a cheaper rate and better quality is now available and is even better..

that kinda stings..

On one hand, I can understand how it feels to purchase something at one point and then seeing it offered cheaper later on. On the other hand, I think Fans Project is being decent for re-releasing something that is still quite in high demand, so much so that people are willing to pay up over twice the original price at places like ebay.

The add-on is also a good move so that people who own the original CC won't have to feel like they have to buy an entire set just for the shoulder missile launchers and rifle.

Hopefully the re-release through a legitimate company like BBTS will curb the KOs.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967283)
Posted by IceWilly on August 3rd, 2009 @ 4:52pm CDT
Well I have an extra classics prime, so maybe I'll just pop him in there.. Shouldn't be noticeable from the front at all right? I suppose it will be blueish in the upper thigh instead of white... but to save myself 60$ trying to ebay one like everyone else, i think it might be worth it. He just won't be able to hang out in trailer mode much. and of course the arm flaps... cry.

Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967287)
Posted by [JRX] on August 3rd, 2009 @ 5:04pm CDT
When are they coming out with the Dead Metal's face add-on kit?
I'd pre-order that without a second thought!
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967291)
Posted by El Duque on August 3rd, 2009 @ 5:08pm CDT
Wow, they just keep reusing that mold, not that I'm complaining. As someone who already has the original CC I really appreciate the fact that I can buy the add on separately.
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967292)
Posted by Firebird on August 3rd, 2009 @ 5:08pm CDT
[JRX] wrote:When are they coming out with the Dead Metal's face add-on kit?
I'd pre-order that without a second thought!

That's going to be the next iGear kit obviously. :P
Re: City Commander re-release and add-on set pre-orders at BBTS! (967318)
Posted by Bed Bugs on August 3rd, 2009 @ 5:54pm CDT
I've never pre-ordered anything before from BBTS, but I couldn't take the chance of NOT getting this. Might even drive up there and pick it up instead of waiting for it to ship.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY