City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images

Transformers News: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images

Friday, October 17th, 2008 1:01AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 21,783

After receiving my long awaited City Commander upgrade set designed by Fans Project, I couldn't wait to get it open and apply the new armor to my Classics Universe Ultra Magnus Figure. If you haven't seen this figure via Seibertron.com's extensive gallery, I strongly suggest you go take a look at this great addition.

Like most Transfans, I don't bother to look at directions when transforming my figures for the first time, but I wanted to see the booklet it came with and lo and behold, the instructions were in comic form! Here are images of this cool comic that came written in english:

TF-PARALLAX: ORION

Pages 9 & 10
{L_IMAGE}

Pages 11 & 12
{L_IMAGE}

Pages 13 & 14
{L_IMAGE}

You'll notice that the comic features the Powered Convoy armor for Classics/ Henkei Optimus Prime and not Ultra Magnus. Could this be a hint at a Powered Convoy Armor set? We've already seen the preorder for the Nemesis Powered Prime set go up, so it could happen. The back of the City Commander box hints at an ongoing series, so only time will tell.
Credit(s): Fans Project

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (814915)
Posted by metalformer on October 17th, 2008 @ 1:15am CDT
Nice comic! :APPLAUSE: Definitively a great extra. I like the character with the Pharaoh's "beard". Who is he? :???:
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (814917)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 17th, 2008 @ 1:17am CDT
There was a Powered Convoy set on display at TF Con.
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (814952)
Posted by Stormrider on October 17th, 2008 @ 3:21am CDT
I thought this was suppose to be a comic book not instructions.. :P
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (814990)
Posted by Asphalt22 on October 17th, 2008 @ 4:32am CDT
Its both a comic and instructions. It mixes the instruction in with the story. Like when prime transforms step by step in the toons. the guys with the beard is Pharohtron. An evil egyptian version of megatron that transfers into a sphinx type monster with a giant penis, I mean stomach mounted canon. I like the way they did the instructions. Much more clear than the standard.
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (815096)
Posted by magnusupreme on October 17th, 2008 @ 9:39am CDT
I'm really disappointed that I didn't get this set. That's just one of the disadvantages when your living in England
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (815121)
Posted by dragons on October 17th, 2008 @ 10:23am CDT
one question about this are the instructions differnt for each armor set primes armor we get pharotron, ultrmagnus armor we get him fighting someone, and nemisis prime fighting autobots or is it the same story with every armor piece prime, ultra magnus, nemesis prime?

who ever did the art and story are excelletn when i was reading it i forgot it was instrucions not an idw comic super :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (815158)
Posted by Agamemnon on October 17th, 2008 @ 11:21am CDT
This comic/instruction set is very remeniscent of the Cybertron series. Very cool approach!! Plus, it looks like I may have my BFG backwards, though the last page has Prime holding his like that of the Seibertron gallery.

Still, I cannot wait to get home and turn the BFG around and see how that looks. My UM arm is having trouble holding up the BFG and the smokestack gun just isn't enough of a counterweight.
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (815165)
Posted by Asphalt22 on October 17th, 2008 @ 11:26am CDT
The write up at BBTS of the nemesis armor says that there is an all new comic.
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (815700)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 17th, 2008 @ 8:54pm CDT
I hope the may Pherotron armor for Classics Megs!
Re: City Commander's Comic/ Instruction Booklet Images (817085)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 19th, 2008 @ 5:32pm CDT
Puurrrty.

And damn clever.

Ending Soon On eBay

04385 TRANSFORMERS UNITED UN16 UN-16 AUTOBOT BLURR JPvers TAKARA MISB InSTOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 49 minutes 46 seconds
TRANSFORMERS  construct bots Target Exclusive OPTIMUS PRIME & GRIMOCK new - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 51 minutes 58 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS AOE EXPO EXCLUSIVE NEMESIS GRIMLOCK MOVIE ADVANCED TOY - Time Remaining: 7 days 1 hour 59 minutes 59 seconds
SCORN Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Class Premier Edition 2017 - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 1 minute
Takara Tomy Transformers Adventure TED-18 Big Drift Action Figure from Japan F/S - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 6 minutes 56 seconds
SDCC 2017 Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Optimus Prime Burning Rubber - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 15 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech   Darksteel Figure Deluxe Class 2011 - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 17 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Starscream G-1 LEADER CLASS Generations classics - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 18 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017