Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures

Transformers News: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures

Thursday, February 28th, 2019 3:15PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 16,427

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertronian TrypticonCarne, we now have a clear image of Studio Series Devastator art in combined mode! This image comes from Weibo user NOTRAB, and not only shows us the art of Devastator, but also confirms the size classes for the remaining bots that make up the massive combiner-they can just be made out in the blue graphic showing each of their names. Overload (lower torso) and Scavenger (upper torso) will be Leader Class figures, and Scrapper (right arm) and Mixmaster (head and shoulders) will be Voyager Class. These remaining four figures aren't set to be released until 2020, so we still have plenty of time to see them in toy form.

Transformers News: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures

So what do you think of this image? Are you excited to complete this figure? Can't wait until 2020? Be sure to stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news!
Credit(s): NOTRAB on Weibo
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012754)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:20pm CST
If that art is representative of the final toy's deco, then for a line that focuses so well on movie-accuracy, Devastator will once again have his face in the wrong color.
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012756)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:23pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:
15513820760596003220163939015559.jpg

They have come, love the unique insignia for the constructions

You gonna show off Rampage?

Image
Bounti76 wrote:Thanks to Seibertronian TrypticonCarne, we now have a clear image of Studio Series Devastator art in combined mode! This image comes from Weibo user NOTRAB, and not only shows us the art of Devastator, but also confirms the size classes for the remaining bots that make up the massive combiner-they can just be made out in the blue graphic showing each of their names. Overload (lower torso) and Scavenger (upper torso) will be Leader Class figures, and Scrapper (right arm) and Mixmaster (head and shoulders) will be Voyager Class. These remaining four figures aren't set to be released until 2020, so we still have plenty of time to see them in toy form.

Image

So what do you think of this image? Are you excited to complete this figure? Can't wait until 2020? Be sure to stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news!

what no news credit? 8-}
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012758)
Posted by dragons on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:34pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:If that art is representative of the final toy's deco, then for a line that focuses so well on movie-accuracy, Devastator will once again have his face in the wrong color.


You know your still going to buy it it’s what little paint can’t fix on face maybe third party companie looks great
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012759)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:37pm CST
I know I am buying him, I preordered half so far I am going for the other half
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012761)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:47pm CST
dragons wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:If that art is representative of the final toy's deco, then for a line that focuses so well on movie-accuracy, Devastator will once again have his face in the wrong color.


You know your still going to buy it
Why would I when I'm not collecting the Studio Series line? I only own one SS figure.

YOU don't get any say about my collecting habits.
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012762)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 28th, 2019 @ 3:54pm CST
TrypticonCarne wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:
15513820760596003220163939015559.jpg

They have come, love the unique insignia for the constructions

You gonna show off Rampage?

Image
Bounti76 wrote:Thanks to Seibertronian TrypticonCarne, we now have a clear image of Studio Series Devastator art in combined mode! This image comes from Weibo user NOTRAB, and not only shows us the art of Devastator, but also confirms the size classes for the remaining bots that make up the massive combiner-they can just be made out in the blue graphic showing each of their names. Overload (lower torso) and Scavenger (upper torso) will be Leader Class figures, and Scrapper (right arm) and Mixmaster (head and shoulders) will be Voyager Class. These remaining four figures aren't set to be released until 2020, so we still have plenty of time to see them in toy form.

Image

So what do you think of this image? Are you excited to complete this figure? Can't wait until 2020? Be sure to stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news!

what no news credit? 8-}


It sometimes takes a little while, but you are credited with the news. ;)^
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012763)
Posted by Yweggo on February 28th, 2019 @ 4:03pm CST
Two Leaders at 50 usd, four Voyagers at 30 usd, and two deluxes at 20 usd, means he's gonna be 260 usd(before taxes/shipping/markups/whatever else). Good thing he is spread out over two years.
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012765)
Posted by Shuttershock on February 28th, 2019 @ 4:27pm CST
I’ve noticed something odd concerning Hightower. On both this promotional art and the prototype piece, he has cabling attached to his crane, as well as an errant scoop on the upper arm. Yet neither of these showed up in the publicity pics or the display piece for him. Thoughts?
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012766)
Posted by o.supreme on February 28th, 2019 @ 4:31pm CST
To actually be *movie accurate* however, wouldn't Devastator make more sense to be made up of nine 'cons instead of eight? I mean, I don't expect to see the infamous wrecking balls, but I also don't understand the logic behind making one arm out of two components, and the other, out of just one...
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012768)
Posted by carytheone on February 28th, 2019 @ 4:36pm CST
Yweggo wrote:Two Leaders at 50 usd, four Voyagers at 30 usd, and two deluxes at 20 usd, means he's gonna be 260 usd(before taxes/shipping/markups/whatever else). Good thing he is spread out over two years.
Well by single figure MP standards, that's not bad.
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012769)
Posted by Gearslide on February 28th, 2019 @ 4:39pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:I’ve noticed something odd concerning Hightower. On both this promotional art and the prototype piece, he has cabling attached to his crane, as well as an errant scoop on the upper arm. Yet neither of these showed up in the publicity pics or the display piece for him. Thoughts?


Yeah that's been bugging me too.

Hightower seems to not only be an early mock-up in Devastator's pic, what with the Yellow Crane and rubbery cabling, but is also attached BACKWARDS.

That scoop sticking out of the outside if the arm is meant to be Devastator's LEFT THUMB, giving him 4 digits on his left hand, just like on his right. And the Crane sticks OUTWARDS on his forearm. Also because of that weird configuration, Scrapmetal seems to attach much further out than he's supposed to, which is why Devastator's Left Arm looks so much longer than his Right. They're supposed to be the same length according to the instructions.

o.supreme wrote:To actually be *movie accurate* however, wouldn't Devastator make more sense to be made up of nine 'cons instead of eight? I mean, I don't expect to see the infamous wrecking balls, but I also don't understand the logic behind making one arm out of two components, and the other, out of just one...


Actually, the arms ARE (mostly) accurate. In reality, Hightower should be a Voyager and Scrapmetal a Scout (or even smaller) figure. Also, in the movie, Scrapmetal, or WHOEVER that little guy was, was a small Bulldozer, not an Excavator.

The inaccuracy actually lies in Devastator's Left Leg. Rampage should be much closer to Deluxe sized (and Yellow) and form the lower half of the leg. Meanwhile, the forgotten Ninth member was a Yellow Dump truck (a different, smaller model from Long Haul) that formed the upper half of the left leg.

My guess as to omission was either stability issues, or no one on the design team was aware of the 9mNinth members existence. Pretty much all the concept art and media in general omit him. His single appearance, as far as I know, was a few seconds during Devastator's combination scene in the movie.

Still, I expect we'll see a Yellow Rampage repaint down the road to further the accuracy.
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012772)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 28th, 2019 @ 5:42pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:I’ve noticed something odd concerning Hightower. On both this promotional art and the prototype piece, he has cabling attached to his crane, as well as an errant scoop on the upper arm. Yet neither of these showed up in the publicity pics or the display piece for him. Thoughts?

The extra scoop I think is just a weird photoshop error, but the cabling I'm not so sure of. Maybe a part from Scavenger that you connect to Hightower for combined mode? :-?
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012783)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 28th, 2019 @ 7:08pm CST
so tall or big is that devastator going to be? 2 leaders for the body voyagers for legs and one arm and couple of deluxes for the other arm, it sounds huge ;)^
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012784)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 28th, 2019 @ 7:13pm CST
ImageAbout this size i bet
Image
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012792)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 28th, 2019 @ 7:33pm CST
Now I want to see someone compare Devastator to Seige Omega Supreme
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012793)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 28th, 2019 @ 7:37pm CST
TrypticonCarne wrote:ImageAbout this size i bet
Image

well thats a bit underwelming then again if the thing stood upright it might look taller
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012800)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 28th, 2019 @ 8:11pm CST
I'm not worried about the height of this guy, I'm more thinking how heavy is this monster gonna be? That's $260 retail of figures slammed into one giant basically 4 legged beast! He's gonna be huge in more of a Trypticon way than a Metroplex way, and that is OK with me!

So stoked for him. So stoked things like this are finally happening
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012817)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 28th, 2019 @ 9:35pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:
15513820760596003220163939015559.jpg

They have come, love the unique insignia for the constructions

You gonna show off Rampage?

indeed I am, enjoy some inhand images of Rampage. the model being released and stores and not a potential leaked prototype
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Image
Image
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012820)
Posted by william-james88 on February 28th, 2019 @ 9:43pm CST
While the toy came out in Asia, there was still very little known about the distribution of Transformers Studio Series 31 Voyager Class Movie 2 Battle Damaged Megatron in the west. Target is rumored to get it in the US, but there is no listing yet. However, we now know that it will be a Toysrus exclusive in Canada thanks to a listing that just popped up. It will be $40 CAD, the same price as non exclusive leaders, meaning a price point of $30 USD if it comes to the US. It can be preordered right now and will ship out August 2019. You can see the official images below which give us a really good look at the deco in tank mode.

While this toy only ships within Canada (including Quebec, yay!), it is possible for people outside Canada to ship it to their address though a shipping forwarding service (as it is for any item that doesn't ship to your country).

Image

Image

Image
Re: Clear Image of Studio Series Devastator Art Confirming Size Classes of Remaining Figures (2012825)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 28th, 2019 @ 10:39pm CST
A little late with this, but:

Early 2019
Rampage: Voyager
Scrapmetal: Deluxe

Late 2019

Long Haul: Voyager
Hightower: Deluxe

Early 2020
Scavenger: Leader
Overload: Leader
Scrapper: Voyager
Mixmaster: Voyager

Better save up for the latter half, especially since it will come all at once! :shock:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #219:
"Big Cat Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Reveal the Shield Deep Dive Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Solar Storm Grappel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Reveal The Shield Scout Class Windcharger NEW MOSC " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers botcon 2015 Generation 2 general Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Swerve New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Japanese Exclusive Infiltrator Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Two G2 GoBots MotorMouth Complete Mint" on EBAY