Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 12:38pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,966

Thanks to Logan, we were lead to find some new images of the 10th anniversary reissued figures for the movie line. These toys are all being brought to us by Takara, and are all normal releases (as opposed to exclusive releases) sporting premium decos. These images, from Amiami, are not the final product images for all toys since some are still in grey scale while others seem digitally painted (i.e. Soundwave). This is the first time we see Starscream in colour, showing us that he will sport a deco very similar to what was found on his MP Movie toy.
Other things to note:
- The Megatron deco is very similar to a version of the toy that Takara previously cancelled and it is the only version of the toy with a deco based on his look in the movie.
- The guns that come with Bumblebee and Ratchet are from Deluxe Leadfoot (which was never released in the west)
- The Leader Optimus is based on the latest retooling of the figure (from the Striker issue), which has yet to see a release in the west as well.

These are all currently available for preorders at both US and Japanese based online stores.

Transformers News: Clear Images of Premum Takara Tomy Transformers 10th Anniversary Movie Reissues

Credit(s): Amiami

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 12:41pm CDT

Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832880)
Posted by shajaki on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:26pm CDT
That Bumblebee suuuuuuuccckkksssss :SICK:
No different than a standard release. Boo.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832881)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:30pm CDT
shajaki wrote:That Bumblebee suuuuuuuccckkksssss :SICK:
No different than a standard release. Boo.

Yeah, I agree. I dont like that Ironhide mold they chose and I am surprised with the Ratchet too. Dont know why they went deluxe on those. Anyways, I remember you wanting that Ultimate Prime but had a double take when they revealed it to be over 300$ before importing. This Leader is that very mold (and paint job, or similar enough) so I bet its a nice relief. You dont have other versions of that leader mold do you? I will be ordering 3 of these by next week but I just wish our dollar could strenghen a bit before then. Also, I really hope that isnt the final deco for Soundwave.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832884)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
The only one of these I'm interested in is the Soundwave. The only one of him I currently own is the satellite one, and I'd like to finally get a better version for him.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832885)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CDT
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832887)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:47pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, and maybe Shockwave look decent enough. Shockwave is the only one I'm on the fence about because I'm rather alright with the DotM toy.

Me too. I think the deco on that one is already stellar enough and I dont find this new one more accurate.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832889)
Posted by shajaki on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832892)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CDT
shajaki wrote:I don't have any Primes between the 1st and 4th Movie. So yeah, I'm down for this one. Only he's not up for pre-order on any import sites yet... :-?

Dear friend, I beg to differ:

Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832898)
Posted by Easy Tiger on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I dont like that Ironhide mold they chose and I am surprised with the Ratchet too.

I'm really surprised that someone would say that - they've always been two of the best movie molds in my eyes - especially Ironhide. They're fun to transform (unlike most of the other movie molds) and look great. They even balance well.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832902)
Posted by shajaki on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Dear friend, I beg to differ:

Never bought from them before.... the whole "pay now" thing ain't my style.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832906)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CDT
Easy Tiger wrote:

I dont find that deluxe ironhide fun to transform at all, espeially the chest and head area. And it doesnt give a good look in the end with the chest not looking good since the grill isnt properly preserved. The Leader is a better toy (sure the grill is fake, but it give it the proper look at least). I do find deluxe ratchet fun, no doubt about it, but I see nothing wrong with the voyager, who is probably the best and most accurate toy from the first movie line (I like the leader optimus but he aint acurate one bit).

As far as balanced movie molds, maybe, but none of these hold a candle to Leader Starscream.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832908)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:24pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Dear friend, I beg to differ:

Never bought from them before.... the whole "pay now" thing ain't my style.

Me too, but ever since amiami changed their shipping policies, I have been getting hit with customs hard. So I had to switch to anime export, who like to help with that. It turned out that I liked this system since I would only have to pay the shipping later which was much welcome when they were being released in months that proved to be extra tight on the wallet. The leader isnt up on Amiami because he comes out a month after the rest, and I dont know when HLJ will have these up.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1832995)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 12th, 2016 @ 5:25pm CDT

Starscream might be neat, but I'm torn on either the 2007 Movie silver or the ROTF/DOTM Cyber-Tattoos.

Soundwave is definitely one I could get at some point, but I do hope he isn't lacking paint apps.

I would get Ratchet, but I'm happy with my DOTM release. Same goes with Shockwave, but I'm slightly more into Ratchet.

I could really go for Ironhide, having skipped out on the HFTD release's pale baby blue gaudyness.

And at last, we finally get Megatron's ROTF Voyager mold repainted! What went wrong with the other releases?!

Don't care for Bee. Bee's just...weak.

Evasion Prime has me mixed. I might be into getting him, but I already have 2 variants, and I'm more into getting Wei Jiang's M-01 Commander.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833000)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 12th, 2016 @ 5:42pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Leader Prime looks hella sick. I really hope I can get this or a retooled version similar to this. I need a new release to replace my old one!

Don't care for Bee. Bee's just...weak.

You should seriously look into getting the movie leader 'scream ;)^
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833007)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:19pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Don't care for Bee. Bee's just...weak.

You should seriously look into getting the movie leader 'scream ;)^

Oh, man. I nearly got him at one point! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

He's still on my Bayformer list, though. ;)^
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833016)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:51pm CDT
Seeing that prototype for Strafe, I'm not sure how that figure's deco could be improved upon from Takara's really nice and movie-accurate Black Knight version.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833028)
Posted by SureShot18 on October 12th, 2016 @ 7:47pm CDT
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833043)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:19pm CDT
SureShot18 wrote:I'm trying real hard to not click the preorder button for Megatron. To all of you that have the original figure, what are your thoughts on the mold? Is it worth it?

The backpack is unweildly and the right arm is virtually useless due to the mech-alive gimmick wherein, by moving the arm, the blade is slowly unsheathed - it really killed the figure for me. The legs are pretty immobile, and the spindly arm is kind of laughable and nearly wholly rubber, but the tank mode is so nice and chunky, but all his limbs kind of just squish together under his backpack, there really isn't a set place to set everything, I'd say avoid it unless you really want it - the head is truly glorious though.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833072)
Posted by RAR on October 12th, 2016 @ 9:31pm CDT
Ratchet, Starscream, & Megatron are now on my mental wants list radar.

Shockwave I'd buy if I trip over him - he's to similar to the TRU exclusive to chase with to much enthusiasm though.

I'd only buy Ironhide if I fell over him - I'm more in the market for a silver side-arm sideswipe really.

The Optimus' are OK - but I have no special need for them I'll likely just buy the Chinese versions of Buster and Striker instead and a 3rd party wing backpack for them. I could do with a plain grey trailer before another Leader Optimus - but I really do need a Striker one sometime if only for the shield he has.

Soundwave & Bee look like nothing special - the only advantage of the Soundwave is at least you can assume he's not a KO if he's packed with out the original accessories.

I think they are disappointing me a bit by being to accurate I'd much rather have that Ironhide in Blue or Soundwave in Black. or even an alternative black deco for him out of Japan. or a yellow version of the 1960's Bee and a Black version of the AOE Modern Bee / stinger design.

Only making show accurate is a bit boring unless the accurate was skipped before as is the case with some of them.

But I'd still like that Dlx Ironhide in blue & also in red.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833097)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 13th, 2016 @ 1:03am CDT
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review ... 3312&page=

First time I missed this release. I pre ordered one and it's cheap! Takara really knows how to paint 'em good.
Re: Clear Images of Takara Premium Reissues for 10th Anniversary of Transformers Movie (1833108)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 13th, 2016 @ 4:24am CDT
I may have to grab some of these...if not for the customs fees.

I used to have many of the original releases and miss them. Both Primes look great. The Evasion one looking leagues ahead of Hasbro's original release but I still have my custom one so I'm happy with that.

No Leader Starscream though? He's one of the ones where the original version is bloody hard to get cheap on eBay. :P

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY