Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron

Transformers News: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron

Monday, January 8th, 2018 8:50AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,302

Voyager Megatron, from the upcoming 2018 Studio Series Transformers toyline, was one of the first toys we ever had solid proof of. We had a few images form Weibo but they were either small or blackened out in certain parts (as can be seen below). But now, we have the same image of the back of the box, also from Weibo, that shows the toy not obstructed by neither a black marker or a watermark, letting you get your best look yet at the figure.

For those unaware, this is a new voyager class figure of movie Meagtron in his Revenge of the Fallen body. It is part of the Studio Series line, a toyline that will feature Transformers from all across the different live action films, from the 2007 movie and even the newest Bumblebee movie. It also seems to be the way that Hasbro will be releasing the more traditional Transformers figures for the Bumblebee film instead of them appearing in a line just for that film. The 2018 Bumblebee movie line will instead feature the toys that are either simpler or gimmick based. Since Age of Extinction, Hasbro has tried to distinguish the toys that would interest collectors from the toys meant only for children and the Studio Series line will be used this time for this distinction. The figures should be at the same price points as the Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edtion toys.

Enjoy the new image of Megatron below and let us know what you think!

Transformers News: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron

Transformers News: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron
Credit(s): weibo
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930430)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:52am CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

I would do the Fry shut up and take my money image but i'm too tired to even find it but ya get the point. I am buying that figure. Looks suitably evil and cool in both modes.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930432)
Posted by Tyrannacon on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
Legit me right now with this new Megatron:

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

I can only hope that the 2007 design gets a redo of some kind too with some of the more modern engineering. This new one is awesome though and I can't wait to get my talons on it.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

Well, I did it for you. So there is that. :P XD
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930433)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:59am CST
Tyrannacon wrote:Well, I did it for you. So there is that. :P XD

Thank you. :) it's fun cos I also collect Mega Bloks/Construx stuff and often use them with my Transformers cos they're a good scale and there's two Futurama figures out now (only in US at moment and I'm in UK), one of which is Fry and he has the money as one of his accessories. I needs to get that as well as that Megatron.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930438)
Posted by hausjam on January 8th, 2018 @ 10:02am CST
Are these leader size I assume?
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930440)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2018 @ 10:12am CST
hausjam wrote:Are these leader size I assume?

no, voyager. The only leaders are Blackout and Grimlock.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930447)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2018 @ 11:21am CST
So basically its what they should have done the first time...

I never understood why the ROTF version had wings and a crab shell that it didnt need to make a tank. Almost as if they did it on purpose to emulate something else nobody ever wanted. (Like MP-03 hip kibble)

Well ive committed to buying the most premium version of every voyager Megatron so ill be happy to own this one too. Hopefully silver paint and no ugly light grey plastic.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930452)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 8th, 2018 @ 11:52am CST
Since Hasbro dipped CW Megs in a bucket of paint, I'm hoping they'll do the same for this Megatron, or at least use metallic plastic.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930453)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 8th, 2018 @ 11:58am CST
When is he due out in stores? Has that been announced?

I really like how it improves on both RotF figures since the Leader wasn't movie accurate (well, it was when it was designed but then the film model designers updated the CGI model when making the film) and the voyager had the extra kibbly from having wings and such put in. This one nails the on-screen design about as close as an affordable voyager sized figure can from what I can see. Liking that they've got the feet formed by splitting the tank tread bits this time as it should be. And yeah I'm hoping for some silver on him. If not I'll get the paint and/or sharpie out again.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930468)
Posted by william-james88 on January 8th, 2018 @ 1:26pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:When is he due out in stores? Has that been announced?

Also, for those asking for silver paint, was he silver in the film? It never seemed that way to me.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930476)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 8th, 2018 @ 2:37pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:When is he due out in stores? Has that been announced?

Just anything that helps the toy look more like metal than plastic...
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930495)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:31pm CST
Cannot wait for that Megatron!
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930518)
Posted by notirishman on January 8th, 2018 @ 7:22pm CST
Oh man! This Megatron figure looks grea... wait its a Voyager?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah I was hoping it was a Leader Class, along with Brawl and Starscream (but I knew they were Voyagers).

But yeah this toyline looks good so far (besides Optimus and Ratchet).
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930519)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on January 8th, 2018 @ 7:39pm CST
I dont need it. I dont need it. I definetly dont need it. I dont need it. I dont need it....
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930520)
Posted by Emerje on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:03pm CST
Megatron is looking fantastic... on the box. Definitely one I'll be buying if the final figure looks anything like that, but I'll reserve my excitement for until after we've seen him in-hand.

Emerje
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930525)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:30pm CST
This Megatron :CON: looks so SWEET :-D .......not sweet as in Hello Kitty is sweet, but sweet as in WICKED COOL TIGHT SWEET....or in other words AWESOME!!!!! =P~
Way better then the Leader Class from the ROTF, which I own, and it seems nicer then the Voyager from ROTF, which I don't own so I can't really judge.
This line is gonna rock.
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1930539)
Posted by Octobotimus on January 8th, 2018 @ 11:22pm CST
To those who say they want him covered in silver paint..... wait for him to release, then spray paint him. that's what i do if i really want my transformers to be silver. thats also why i am never as bothered as others when it comes to paint. i see decent paint but some stuff missing, and think "hm... i'll just find the best shade of paint and get to work i guess"
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1931157)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
From the same Weibo user that brought us the most recent news regarding Power of the Primes Blastoff, we also have new Studio Series images to share with you today. The new images center on the upcoming voyager class figures Optimus Prime and Starscream. While the design is not the main image seen on the front of the box, it is the design that has lately been shown on the side of the packaging, complete with the Transformers logo and the "Studio Series" tagline. The packaging art seen shows Starscream and Optimus Prime in the same poses that they have on the front of their packaging.

Both figures are part of the upcoming Studio Series line, which will be a Generations styled line for the live action figures. While the line has not been fully and officially revealed yet, we can tell you that we should be close to the official announcement, complete with stock images of the new figures.

Check out the new images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1934684)
Posted by Va'al on January 30th, 2018 @ 2:53am CST
We had covered a report of fans playing and testing the upcoming Transformers Studio Series Leader class Grimlock figure (which you can read for yourselves here), and now thanks to Weibo user 爆料人小明, it appears we may have a prototype of the very same, in the image mirrored below.

Take a look for yourself, let us know if you think this fits the mold (heh), and join the discussion in the Energon Pub. Are you excited for this new movieverse line? Are you expecting more news about it at Toy Fair 2018 later in February? Or is it something that holds no interest to you?

Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1934686)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on January 30th, 2018 @ 3:16am CST
The sculpt is definitely strong, but will reserve final thoughts until we see dino mode. (Gotta say though, that jaw hanging off his arm is very jarring.)
Re: Clearer Image of Studio Series ROTF Voyager Megatron (1934700)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 30th, 2018 @ 5:45am CST
ImageDid anybody else notice that his arms are not attached? You can clearly See the mushroom pegs.
And I can identify 3 fake jaw halves. Two on his chest like every toy version of him has and one on his right shoulder. On the left one is the whole upper half of his T-Rex head.
AND it seems that he has no right hand. Instead of it the morningstar from the concept art and it looks like his forearm can split and flip out to become his tail, I guess. Because I can nowhere else see parts that might form his tail.
AAAND his feet seem to have the same transformation as the simplified toy versions of him like the new TLK Knight Armor Grimlock: just twist them around.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Rescan Classic BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Smokescreen MOSC Sealed Cyberverse Beast Hunters Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacon Voyager class Grimwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe class Skystalker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime MP-10 SDCC Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Ripclaw INCOMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC ZARTAN GI JOE TRANSFORMERS Crossover Hasbro 2016 3.75" Loose" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES - FLIP RACERS - TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS -  WITH BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY