Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures

Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 9:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,052

Site sponsor Kapow Toys has posted a clearer image of the upcoming Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations figures Springer, Swerve, Wheelie, and Cliffjumper. They will have these available for pre-order soon.

Credit(s): Kapow Toys

Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398000)
Posted by Anonymous on July 7th, 2012 @ 9:41am CDT
I still want to get them, but I'm meh on Wheelie. The Jazz body just don't fit him IMO.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398001)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 7th, 2012 @ 9:46am CDT
Swerve and Springer looks good but dunno if I wanna buy em o.O...Buying a G1-based figure when it's Prime/FOC toys season just feels out of place...Meh I guess buying this two wont hurt if there's no good Prime/FOC toys when this guys is released.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398002)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 7th, 2012 @ 9:55am CDT
love it i can always use an extra springer
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398004)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2012 @ 9:57am CDT
That Prime body for G1 Cliffjumper feels off-putting for me, since G1 Cliffjumper was a "small, tough, and suspicious" little guy, whereas that body feels more of the "strong, big, and overconfident" type.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398008)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
These are kind of nice, but I have to agree that Jazz mould just doesn't fit Wheelie.

That CliffJumper with FE Prime body, does kinda throw me off too.

The other 2 seem to get away with the mould repaint for me.

I may get them, haven't made up my mind yet though.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398009)
Posted by Mkall on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:11am CDT
I think I may be the only collector who wants 3 Wheelies...
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398014)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:37am CDT
Swerve is the only win...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398016)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
I got Cliffjumper on preorder. While I think the RID mold may have been a better fit for him, this mold isnt bad. He's only about half a head taller than Classics Bumblebee, and scales fairly well with the other Classics to.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398017)
Posted by CBratetron on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:41am CDT
As much as I like them, I'm not sure I'd buy them.

I do want a Springer (and a Hotrod for that matter) to go with my Sergeant Kup, Generations Blurr, Masterpiece Grimlock and Perfect Effect Motobot. Doesn't look recognisably G1 enough.

Swerve is nice but as mentioned above I already have a Kup, though it's front windshield is developing a few cracks so I am very tempted to get this.

Wheelie. No, just no.

Already have an TFP FE Cliffy and this new/classic headsculpt is just yuck on that body.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398022)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:55am CDT
I will definitely pick up Springer , i have no Springer in my collection and some where down the line i can see an upgrade kit mainly for those feet plus his sword and i really need to see that head sculpt ,those colours look great too.

That CJ will never look right #-o .
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398024)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on July 7th, 2012 @ 10:57am CDT
All look great IMO. Wheelie kinda works for me. Will be getting all. Wheelie comes with a gun AND slingshot? Springer comes with a sword AND 2 launcher? Well that's definitely not something Hasbro does everyday.

As for the people hating on Wheelie, don't worry, you won't ever find him. 8-}
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398030)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 7th, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
I will gladly get all four of those. I was on the fence before about all of them bit wheelie but now I'm sold.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398037)
Posted by mrhellboy218 on July 7th, 2012 @ 12:02pm CDT
The Cliffjumper looks awesome as its the Transformers Prime First Edition Clijjjumper body with a different head looks cool.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398045)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 7th, 2012 @ 12:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I think I may be the only collector who wants 3 Wheelies...

You'd be wrong! I want at 3 Wheelies and possibly a Swerve. One for Wheelimus Prime, one for an MP scale Wheelie, and one just to be Wheelie. Swerve is a maybe for MP scale sine I make a Scouts class on for Classics and iGear will theoretically make a better one eventually.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398050)
Posted by Mkall on July 7th, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Mkall wrote:I think I may be the only collector who wants 3 Wheelies...

My desires are a little more mundane. I want to troop-build him and turn him into Shattered Glass Autotroopers. Gruff, overly violent enforcers who due to a control glitch speak in rhyme.

"You break the law, I break your jaw!"
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398051)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 7th, 2012 @ 12:52pm CDT
lol, I'd actually be okay with multiple (different) Wheelies in my collection as well. However, I feel like this really doens't fit the character because not only is the Jazz mold a deluxe, it's quite tall for a deluxe as well. I know Bumblebee made the transition to deluxe quite well but he's still short compared to the other characters. A really tall wheelie just wouldn't work.

I want Springer for my movie collection. I realize the head mold is probably not very Bayverse, but I think he'll still look good alongside figures like Skyhammer and Highbrow.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398058)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 7th, 2012 @ 1:20pm CDT
TFPrime cliffjumper with G1 cliffjumpers head is horrible, looks better than fprime but still pretty bad. springer is awesome though and wheelies pretty cool too even though he shouldnt be a deluxe. I might have to hunt down a HFTD Tomahawk and make it into springer, itll be cheaper than buying this version from hasbro. Hardest thing will be trying to find a head for it.
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398063)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 7th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
Well, crap in a hat.

I *like* that Wheelie.

Almost enough to actually buy the danged thing. But...I have the Legends figure from a few years back. I...am conflicted.

I'll probably pass on it. But I do want it. *sighs*
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398068)
Posted by randomformer on July 7th, 2012 @ 2:13pm CDT
why does everything have to be a repaint?
Re: Clearer Image of the Hasbro Asia Exclusive Deluxe Generations Figures (1398070)
Posted by Motorthing on July 7th, 2012 @ 2:22pm CDT
Looks like I'll be saving a boxload of cash on not buying these lazy, near pointless repaints. Is this what Generations is going to come to? FOC Midgets and this? Really?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Autotech Combiners Transformers Crusher Stalker Striker Nitro Spike OSF 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA HASBRO TRANSFORMERS G1 SCRAPPER SERIES2 NO CANOPY STAMPED 80 84 JAPAN1985" on EBAY