Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Thursday, June 1st, 2017 3:38am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,444

In addition to the images of the new Takara Tomy Transformers Legends toys coming out of Tokyo Toy Show, as newsed here - which offer the Japanese market some Titans Return figures such as Sixshot, Broadside, Doublecross, Misfire, Kup, Hot Rod, and Triggerhappy - we have thanks to Tag Hobby and Dengeki Hobby, some clearer shots of the figures, the prototypes, and the new Targetmasters! Check them out below thanks to fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath.

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby, Tag Hobby

Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885770)
Posted by Insurgent on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:01am CDT
The remoulding on sixshots helmet does wonders for him. But twinferno.....doublecross......oh my. That is not good on a kids toy. Guns always go on he back of beasts. Always.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885774)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:15am CDT
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885775)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:22am CDT
Heh, Hot Rod and Kup look coated in hate plague resistant alloy. :)

Misfire looks good. I always did like his altmode the best out of his group though will admit Triggerhappy's titans toy ship mode looks much better than his original g1 figure whereas Misfire's G1 toy ship mode already looked great.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885777)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:27am CDT
In other Takara Tomy Transformers Legends News, but still following up on the Tokyo Toy Show, we have some official and two showfloor images of the LG-EX God Ginrai set featuring Headmasters Cab and Minerva (as first seen here)!

The set will include the two Headmasters, plus LG-35 Super Ginrai (Powermaster Prime) and LG-42 Godbomber all in one go, and exclusively carried by TakaraTomyMall - which is the source of the official images mirrored below. The price of this set is ¥17,280, which is close to $155 USD and only Japanese residents can order this figure, for now. Check out the photos below!

Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885781)
Posted by steals_your_goats on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
Broadside is an easy pass since he doesn't seem much different from the Hasbro one

Misfire and Doublecross are definite buys if only for the little target master friends.

I'm really unsure about Sixshot. I like my Hasbro one now that it has the reprolabels on it, but I like the overall colors more of the Takara version and the remolded helmet and face look really nice and would make him further distinct from Quickswitch.

The God Ginrai set annoys me because I really don't want to spend upwards of $150 for just two headmasters. But on the other hand with the prices Ginrai is going for in the after market I could probably make back what I paid for it :-? Decisions, decisions.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885785)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:49am CDT
I'm mostly just mad at myself.... I had a feeling they'd do a boxset and mock it up just like the original re-issue.... But has price been confirmed on it? I'd still expect it to be north of $200....

But chrome thighs and the chest plate would be interesting. Curious about the alleged transparent windows on Ginrai's cab.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885787)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:21am CDT

And -- do the three new Decepticon jets share the same transformation more or less?
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885788)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:40am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Already asked this before and got answers, but just to be certain -- can Sixshot transform into each of his modes without detaching the Titan Master from the port?

As to your second question.... I'm not sure. Besides the heads, it would seem only the nose and wings are retooled. But from these pictures, Misfire's jet nose is pointing up, and Triggerhappy's points down. So they may not transform exactly alike.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885789)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:48am CDT
HA! even Takara is going with "submarine mode"! :lol:
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885790)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:51am CDT

If not I'll have to hone my 3D skills and make a replacement face for a Nightbeat to print on Shapeways (I know there is an existing one on there but it looks a bit...off).
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885793)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:04am CDT
For anyone who doesn't understand or like a double cross coming out and with a target master here your two solutions:

1. Don't buy it.

2. Buy it, take that targetmaster away from him and hand it to Blur
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885794)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:14am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Stil don't get why Sixshot is popular. He's a really boring design. Twinferno/Doublecross looks bleh as usual.

As a character people loved him in Headmasters. Meanwhile, I loved him in early IDW
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885799)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:30am CDT
Black Hat wrote:So Minerva is going to remain without a body, and only available with a big expensive giftset? Bugger. Still, I do think the set looks cool, and providing I can sort out some replacement forearms and a neck adapter I might be able to make my old Animated Arcee into a body for her. So I might spring for this, we'll see.

Why does Minerva seem to have this "for Elitist only" status to every figure she gets. Its like she isnt allowed to have a figure anyone can get there hands on easily
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885800)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:34am CDT
Probably because she's a highly desirable character (and her only non-exclusive toy is ridiculously rare) and HasTak reckons they can make an absolute killing via the people that will pay for her regardless of how much she costs because they want a Minerva THAT much.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885801)
Posted by Insurgent on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:37am CDT
Ooohhhh.....

I kinda want that gifset. Especially with cab and Minerva in it. But the price..... hhmmmm.... dammit, why must the good things cost so much?

I've been toying with the idea of making bodies for these three, since I have Shuta from Legends Wheelie. Just need to get the transtectors...
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885803)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:41am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Ooohhhh.....

Toyhax has a Reprolabels set to turn the Getaway toy into Siren, the Hasbro version of Shuta.

http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2312-l ... siren.html

And the set comes with alternate stickers to be Shuta-accurate instead of Siren-accurate :D
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885807)
Posted by Insurgent on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:54am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Ooohhhh.....

http://toyhax.com/for-titans-ret/2312-l ... siren.html

Indeed. That's what set me off on this train of thought. But I think Breakaway would work better for Minerva. A more feminine chest (if you ignore the backpack part) and the high shoulder pads. And the car mode matches more. There's a neck adaptor on shapeways to turn generations nightbeat into a headmaster, that would work well for Shuta (as that exclusive repaint did) and CW Hotspot into Cab (there is also a neck adaptor on shapeways for that piece). Plonk these heads on them and boom. Perfect.
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885808)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:56am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Yes to the Sixshot question. Except for robot mode, his head(master) never needs to be folded out of the chest cavity. The instructions for the wolf mold have you combine the Headmaster with the beast mode head, but it's not necessary.
Thanks!
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885811)
Posted by Randomhero on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:09am CDT
Surprised they didn't show Wilder. Clouder is getting some before him!
Re: Clearer Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Reveals (1885812)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:18am CDT
Doublecross' comic oughta be one hell of a read. First they've gotta explain why he has a Targetmaster and who it is, then why he's a Headmaster, AND why his Headmaster looks like White Leo. This is gonna be fuuuun

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Legion Class Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Super 7 Transformers Reaction 2020 Target Exclusive Gold Armor Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Planet X Pluto Megatron" on EBAY