Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple!

Transformers News: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple!

Monday, October 18th, 2010 5:39AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 38,378

Japanese online toy store e-Hobby has posted the pre-order pages for upcoming Transformers United.
From the pre-order pages, we get to see clearer images of Frenzy & Rumble, Wheeljack as well as Grapple.

Frenzy &Rumble

According to the pre-order page, Frenzy is blue in colour and Rumble will be in red. Both of them are having the pile driver mode and part of the figures will be in metallic paint.

Wheeljack

Grapple

You can view the original posts by clicking the above images.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): e-Hobby
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137042)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2010 @ 6:24am CDT
Mach wrote: Frenzy is blue in colour and Rumble will be in red.

As it should be :)

Actually I quite like it unpainted as it looks there. I wasn't that keen on these before but that pic just appeals to me for some reason. Maybe I'll get one and paint it up in dark and gritty colors.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137047)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on October 18th, 2010 @ 7:07am CDT
Frenzy/Rumble look top heavy but the head mold/paint job and pile drivers look class, I wonder if they'll be regular deluxes or a bit smaller like Bumblebee/Cliffjumper were.

Wheeljack just gets better and better with every pic, as does Grapple!

I'll say it again, Wheeljack fans this is a great looking figure already - if you're not happy with it then you'll never be happy with anything, :-B this is a great looking figure - looks like Hasbro has done it again in the Generations line. :BOT:

I really want to see him painted.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137048)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2010 @ 7:22am CDT
Jazz-1982 wrote:I'll say it again, Wheeljack fans this is a great looking figure already - if you're not happy with it then you'll never be happy with anything,

Well, Wheeljack looks about as good as Wheeljack can I suppose. I don't really like the figure but it's mainly due to flaws in Wheeljack's character design more than anything. The chest and legs just look so basic and don't really convince me that it's a humanoid form rather than just really obvious car bits. Couple of other G1 characters suffer from the same issue in their designs and while it seemed more forgivable back then with the relative simplicity of toy technology I think I've just been so spoilt with a lot of the Movie stuff that most G1 characters just look far too basic, blocky and unconvincing to me now.

Grapple too bugs me cos I think this figure looks absolute crap just like Inferno did. They look like very overweight twins whereas their original G1 figures were at least far better proportioned.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137051)
Posted by steve2275 on October 18th, 2010 @ 7:30am CDT
good lookin grapple
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137052)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 18th, 2010 @ 7:53am CDT
Grapple's colour still doesn't look quite right, but it's definately better than his RTS version.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137053)
Posted by jungletron on October 18th, 2010 @ 7:53am CDT
wtf? i was expecting united grapple's head to be orange/yellow like in the cartoon. tsk tsk.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137064)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on October 18th, 2010 @ 8:47am CDT
i REALLY like the fact that they made those head dealies on wheeljack clear! thats such a nice touch :D kinda makes me wonder if they'll be blue or just clear on the real thing, but i'll be happy either way :lol:
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137070)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 18th, 2010 @ 9:16am CDT
Not completely sold on Rumble/Frenzy yet. I agree with the theory that they will be the same mold and that they don't combine. But, I think colored high-quality pictures will do this mold a lot of justice and/or injustice.

As far as Wheeljack goes, even the unpainted prototype is sexy.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137071)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 18th, 2010 @ 9:17am CDT
Nice to see some clear pictures of WJ & Frenzy/Rumble. I don't see how they'd combine in any way, maybe they don't, but that's okay with me. Really nice sculpts on them, can't wait to see color pics.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137111)
Posted by Pyrostrata on October 18th, 2010 @ 11:10am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Mach wrote: Frenzy is blue in colour and Rumble will be in red.

As it should be :)

Thank you! If they wanna homage G1 toys, this is the way to properly do it!
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137130)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on October 18th, 2010 @ 11:38am CDT
Well of course I want them all

I wish they had made a toon about these figures instead of having a brand new one with newer molds
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137140)
Posted by Liftgate on October 18th, 2010 @ 12:21pm CDT
Wow, pictures you can see, it's some kinda miracle.

Looks like Grapple is borrowing Hightower's weapon.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137142)
Posted by Liftgate on October 18th, 2010 @ 12:27pm CDT
Pyrostrata wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Mach wrote: Frenzy is blue in colour and Rumble will be in red.

As it should be :)

Thank you! If they wanna homage G1 toys, this is the way to properly do it!

The cartoon was what sold TFs. Without it TF would be nothing like it is today, so Rumble should be blue this time around. Even better, they should put Rumble and Frenzy in the animated series and just keep the names reversed from the toys from now on. Kinda like GIJoe's backwards thumb.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137143)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 18th, 2010 @ 12:29pm CDT
Pyrostrata wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Mach wrote: Frenzy is blue in colour and Rumble will be in red.

As it should be :)

Thank you! If they wanna homage G1 toys, this is the way to properly do it!

And if they wanna homage the cartoon, all the fans must do is repurpose them as the other. ;)
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137146)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 18th, 2010 @ 12:31pm CDT
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137150)
Posted by sabrigami on October 18th, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Knew it was just a matter of time befoer we got clearer pictures. The pile driver "mode" is pushing it a bit but the figure does look good. Wheeljacks not to bad, would like a little more remolding but theres enough to make me buy it plus its Wheeljack. Cant wait to see what they look like painted. I have to say generations has to be the best figure line ever, you can have characters from any series and they always look awesome. My only gripe is that there isnt enough WFC figures.

Yeah, there can never be enough WFC toys imo. All these guys looks fantastic. I especially love Rumble/Frenzy. I wonder if Hasbro will also release them as a 2 pack (I hope so). I only pray that when BBTS gets the preorders for the Hasbro versions I will be lucky enough to snag them :PRAY:
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137216)
Posted by Stormrider on October 18th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CDT
I love the updated Scourge alt mode. The red claws and beard is a great bonus. What's going on with his gun? Is that a Targetmaster?

I like Frenzy and Rumble. The tanks are a pretty cool design. The alt mode looks a little top heavy.

Wheeljack is fabs.

I was hoping for a little more with Grappel paint job. Looks pretty similar to Hasbro's version.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137219)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 18th, 2010 @ 4:18pm CDT
Lots of bulk to F/R-not sure if I'm liking that. I'll still wait to see them in color before making a final decision though. Wheeljack is a no brainer though. I like this use of the mold a lot more than Tracks.
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137222)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 18th, 2010 @ 4:21pm CDT
Rumble and Frenzy are the clear losers in this gang of new characters.

Where did those designs go wrong?
Re: Clearer Images of Transformers United Rumble / Frenzy, Wheeljack, and Grapple! (1137245)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 18th, 2010 @ 5:18pm CDT
Dammit Hasbro. Rumble being the red one? And Frenzy the blue one? Personally, I just think they both look better by the FIRRIB concept #-o

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 40 Deluxe Transformers: Bumblebee Shatter Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Robot Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ NOVASTAR ACTION FIGURE ~ Deluxe Class ~ Power of the Primes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Shadow Raider - #17" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Predacon Rising Darksteel Voyagers class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 Headstrong Guns Predacon Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Alternators Smokescreen x 2 -Windcharger-Silverstreak-Dead End" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dreadwind w Hi Test Engine & Snapdragon w Krunk Headmaster Only" on EBAY