Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed

Transformers News: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed

Friday, March 17th, 2017 9:08PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 28,422

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It looks like we've got some more news on upcoming Titans Return figures, this time our first look at the collector's cards for Deluxe Class Slugslinger, Voyager Blitzwing, and Octone! Take a look at a scan of the cards below! (You can also see photos of the figures these cards will be accompanying at our Australia Toy Fair Coverage!)

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867459)
Posted by Bronzewolf on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Bronzewolf wrote:It looks like we've got some more news on upcoming Titans Return figures, this time our first look at the collector's cards for Deluxe Class Octone, Slugslinger, and Voyager Blitzwing! Take a look at a scan of the cards below! (You can also see photos of the figures these cards will be accompanying at our Australia Toy Fair Coverage!)


octone is a voyager


Yep! My mistake. Was fixed in the article, now is fixed on the boards.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867460)
Posted by Overcracker on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:18pm CDT
Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o

Octone and his triple changing friends Blastwing... and... Startrain...

Anyway, I am looking forward to Blitzwing.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867461)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o

Octone and his triple changing friends Blastwing... and... Startrain...

Anyway, I am looking forward to Blitzwing.


How dare you forget the Autobots! Leaper, Sandnado, and Longside are timeless characters with flawless names!
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867463)
Posted by Overcracker on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:25pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o

Octone and his triple changing friends Blastwing... and... Startrain...

Anyway, I am looking forward to Blitzwing.


How dare you forget the Autobots! Leaper, Sandnado, and Longside are timeless characters with flawless names!


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who could forget Sandnado.

That actually cracked me up for some reason.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867464)
Posted by ebo716 on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o

Octone and his triple changing friends Blastwing... and... Startrain...

Anyway, I am looking forward to Blitzwing.

Can't wait for new versions of their mortal enemies, sunsquirm, sprinkler, and bradside
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867465)
Posted by Kurona on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:29pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:I agree with you Will. Nautica's headsculpt isn't that good. It's too stoic and chiseled. Her face is more round and usually smiling or some type of facial expression.


What did you not know the only emotion that exists is staring blankly at space?

No but seriously all of the Hasbro generations toys that have come out recently have no emotion at all the only one I can think of is Bumblebee's small smirk.

Say what you will about RID but at least their warrior figures have something on their faces most of the time.

There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867466)
Posted by ebo716 on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:I agree with you Will. Nautica's headsculpt isn't that good. It's too stoic and chiseled. Her face is more round and usually smiling or some type of facial expression.


What did you not know the only emotion that exists is staring blankly at space?

No but seriously all of the Hasbro generations toys that have come out recently have no emotion at all the only one I can think of is Bumblebee's small smirk.

Say what you will about RID but at least their warrior figures have something on their faces most of the time.

There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.

Rook is frowning, probably because of his ushanka/ football helmet hybrid
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867467)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:I agree with you Will. Nautica's headsculpt isn't that good. It's too stoic and chiseled. Her face is more round and usually smiling or some type of facial expression.


What did you not know the only emotion that exists is staring blankly at space?

No but seriously all of the Hasbro generations toys that have come out recently have no emotion at all the only one I can think of is Bumblebee's small smirk.

Say what you will about RID but at least their warrior figures have something on their faces most of the time.

There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.


Fangry has a.... well, angry scowl.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867471)
Posted by Deadput on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:49pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.


I don't own Megatron (yet) so I wouldn't know but anyways now we have stare, angry, a couple of smirks and whatever expression Nightbeat is supposed to have.

I despise that expression on Nightbeat a lot it really should of been Siren/Loundmouth since that would actually make sense for him to be "yelling" in fact I think that's what was supposed to happen looking at the the two of them but the colors were switched for toy accuracy despite the fact that no other Nightbeat has had the toy face like ever.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867472)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:51pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:
There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.


I don't own Megatron (yet) so I wouldn't know but anyways now we have stare, angry, a couple of smirks and whatever expression Nightbeat is supposed to have.

I despise that expression on Nightbeat a lot it really should of been Siren/Loundmouth since that would actually make sense for him to be "yelling" in fact I think that's what was supposed to happen looking at the the two of them but the colors were switched for toy accuracy despite the fact that no other Nightbeat has had the toy face like ever.


Further proof of a nightbeat deluxe incoming :-?
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867473)
Posted by Kurona on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:58pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:
There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.


I don't own Megatron (yet) so I wouldn't know but anyways now we have stare, angry, a couple of smirks and whatever expression Nightbeat is supposed to have.

I despise that expression on Nightbeat a lot it really should of been Siren/Loundmouth since that would actually make sense for him to be "yelling" in fact I think that's what was supposed to happen looking at the the two of them but the colors were switched for toy accuracy despite the fact that no other Nightbeat has had the toy face like ever.


Further proof of a nightbeat deluxe incoming :-?

Unfortunately, I think this is simply another symptom of the current design team's rampant toy-accuracy. Blurr's colour scheme, Hardhead not having a face... and Nightbeat not actually looking like how he looked in every fictional appearance he had ever. But it's fine because he looks like the toy a handful of people had as a kid and half of that handful were annoyed he didn't have his shades from Marvel.
Sorry if I seem bitter; it just seems like Barber and his team could use a bit of tact every now and then.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867474)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 17th, 2017 @ 9:59pm CDT
I wonder if Octone and Octane are related.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867475)
Posted by Qwan on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:00pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Kurona wrote:
There's also Megatron who has one sick scowl on both his Leader and Voyager toys.
Menasor's pretty angry, so is Blades; the Torchbearers all have some smile going on, and Offroad in particular stands out as suitably creepy. Not to mention some of the Titan Masters; Thunderwing's crazy, Rodimus is old and Nightbeat needs psychiatric help. There's some range of emotion if you look hard enough.


I don't own Megatron (yet) so I wouldn't know but anyways now we have stare, angry, a couple of smirks and whatever expression Nightbeat is supposed to have.

I despise that expression on Nightbeat a lot it really should of been Siren/Loundmouth since that would actually make sense for him to be "yelling" in fact I think that's what was supposed to happen looking at the the two of them but the colors were switched for toy accuracy despite the fact that no other Nightbeat has had the toy face like ever.


Further proof of a nightbeat deluxe incoming :-?

I've been hoping, since the very first point when the Nightbeat and Loudmouth TMs came out, that we'd be later seeing full Deluxes of each with the faces switched. At this point, knowing how part trees seem to work in this line and with just one Deluxe wave left to go, I'm optimistic for a mass retail release for either of those guys - but at the very least, I'm still super-hoping for a Nightbeat (with the Loudmouth TM face or a similar one) in one of the box-sets! Please please please :PRAY:
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867476)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:00pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I wonder if Octone and Octane are related.


Not in any way, shape, or form
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867478)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:03pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o


Uhm, yeah? "Octane" can't be trademarked, hence all the Tankors. At least this time the name's more fitting (and easier to hold since it's a nonsensical word) as it's the original Japanese name. It even has "Decepticon", analogous to the current "Destron Octone" the Henkei toy holds. :)
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867480)
Posted by william-james88 on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:27pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o


Uhm, yeah? "Octane" can't be trademarked, hence all the Tankors. At least this time the name's more fitting (and easier to hold since it's a nonsensical word) as it's the original Japanese name. It even has "Decepticon", analogous to the current "Destron Octone" the Henkei toy holds. :)

Oh so this isnt even the first time they call him Octone? Thats cool.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867481)
Posted by Kurona on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:40pm CDT
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867482)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:43pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o


Uhm, yeah? "Octane" can't be trademarked, hence all the Tankors. At least this time the name's more fitting (and easier to hold since it's a nonsensical word) as it's the original Japanese name. It even has "Decepticon", analogous to the current "Destron Octone" the Henkei toy holds. :)

Oh so this isnt even the first time they call him Octone? Thats cool.


First time for the US, but not for Japan :)
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867483)
Posted by Randomhero on March 17th, 2017 @ 10:46pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o

Octone and his triple changing friends Blastwing... and... Startrain...

Anyway, I am looking forward to Blitzwing.



Octone isn't just Hasbro changing the A for an O in his name to avoid trademark ya know. His name in Japan is actually Octone so Hasbro is using his name in Japan instead to just calling him Tankor because they can't use Octane.
Re: Collector Cards for Transformers Titans Return Octone, Blitzwing, and Slugslinger revealed (1867486)
Posted by Overcracker on March 17th, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Octone???? :BANG_HEAD: #-o


Uhm, yeah? "Octane" can't be trademarked, hence all the Tankors. At least this time the name's more fitting (and easier to hold since it's a nonsensical word) as it's the original Japanese name. It even has "Decepticon", analogous to the current "Destron Octone" the Henkei toy holds. :)


Yes I know Octane is a general fuel term and can't be trademarked. But why not something like "Decepticon Octane", much like "Autobot Jazz" or "Decepticon Brawl" where the name is a compound trademarkable phrase. Or just Tankor again.

I was not aware Octone was his Japanese name however.

In any case, Octone sounds weird in english. Tankor would have been fine IMHO.

Still, I can say I got a good laugh out of the potential alternate names for other triple changers.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30th Leader Class JETFIRE - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 21 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Construct Bots - Elite Class Autobot Hound Buildable Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 22 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Blades The Flight-Bot & Dani Burns A8235 - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots - Optimus The Prime-Bot 1st Series Release ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 22 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots 6pc Lot-Blades Chase Heatwave Bumblebee Boulder Optimus - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 22 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots 6pc Lot-Blades Chase Heatwave Bumblebee Boulder Optimus - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 22 minutes 32 seconds
New In Box Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG13 Megatron Figure Japan Import - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 23 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Fansproject FPJ Function XV X5 six Variety Knight Chameleon MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 26 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017
Twincast / Podcast #170:
"NC Comicon 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Website Security Test