Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 7:04am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,939

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath keeps the goodies coming, as they share with us げんもん Photo Vault's images of the collector coin that will accompany the Hasbro Asia edition (potentially) of Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide - and we share them with you all, by mirroring them below!

Transformers News: Collector Coin - Takara Tomy MP-27 Ironhide

Transformers News: Collector Coin - Takara Tomy MP-27 Ironhide

Transformers News: Collector Coin - Takara Tomy MP-27 Ironhide

Credit(s): げんもん Photo Vault

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759592)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 26th, 2016 @ 10:19am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Man, that quite a gut he has:

Fits his character IMO.

These last in hand pictures have looked a lot better. Glad to see the chest/neck area doesn't have to look as odd as it did in the first pictures released. I'm still firmly seated on the fence.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759637)
Posted by Mykltron on January 26th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CST
munkimus prime wrote:I just don't get the hate this figure is receiving. This is probably the definitive version of Ironhide we will ever get. One more thing where would the side skirts and wheels on his butt go since in the cartoon his Transformation defied the laws of physics with all his vehicle mode bits just disappearing into nothing. What do you people want the designers to do, use black Magic to copy a design that in Robot mode had zero vehicle bits on show to work with and still transform into a van. I doubt even Hasui could of engineered that and still make it look good. This figure is probably the best anyone could do with the design they had to work with and all we can do is be perfectionists who nit-pick every detail. :roll:

Sir, you obviously haven't seen Voodoo Robots version. The proportions are amazing and it doesn't have the hip kibble.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759647)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on January 26th, 2016 @ 1:42pm CST
Well at least there are Options to choose from if you don't like MP Ironhide bye the Third party MP figures we have Options. I do agree that the Voodoo Toys Figure looks amazing it is nice and Clean in Bot Mode, But I like this Ironhide too. I respect other peoples opinions and I am not going to criticize them for not liking this figure it's their own Opinion ;)
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759653)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 26th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CST
Mykltron wrote:

It also isn't shooting for the screen accuracy elsewhere.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759657)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CST
Doctor McGrath wrote:
Mykltron wrote:

It also isn't shooting for the screen accuracy elsewhere.

This is it, I'm assuming?

I'm fine with people liking the mp, but lets not kid ourselves, mp ironhide isn't very screen accurate. Sure voodoo's has windows on his feet (but nothing else wrong as near as I can tell), but mp ironhide has that atrocious, over-sized, and cumbersome diaper, obvious hip panels, butt wheels, and those weird hollow/sloping sides, plus, I'm pretty sure his chest panel and face have incorrect proportions too |:|
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759664)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:26pm CST

I believe they both have issues. I was simply pointing out to Mykltron that while the proportions may be more appealing to him, I don't think Voodoo's is any more screen accurate than the official incarnation.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759666)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CST
Doctor McGrath wrote:Your comment confuses me. I have no idea which one you are for and which one you are against.

Well I'm not getting any of them, but I'm fascinated by this issue. I want to know why ratchet looks so much better than ironhide, but I think voodoo's looks more screen accurate, maybe its' diaper is too small though :HEADHURTS: But overall, I think it looks better than the mp :-?
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759670)
Posted by galvatron00 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:35pm CST
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759671)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CST
itscramtastic wrote:I like the VooDoo Robots versions, but I don't like the price in comparison to MP Ironhide/Ratchet. Almost the same reason I like KFC Reflectrons over the other two not-Reflector releases. Good enough and cost less :lol:

Yeah, if that's what it comes down to, I can get behind that argument.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759672)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I think it revolves around the crotch. That and Ratchet's uniform color scheme helps too I believe. Voodoo's is cool but has its problems. Find a picture from the side or back.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759673)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CST
Personally, I think MP-27 looks plenty cartoon-accurate.

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759674)
Posted by galvatron00 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:42pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Yeah, if that's what it comes down to, I can get behind that argument.
Most of these 3rd Party vs HasTak releases, or even 3rd Party to 3rd Party releases are splitting hairs (one looks more accurate here, the other there). This time, MP Ironhide (and MP Ratchet) hit the right spots in looks and cost. For some reason I've been swapping between bot and alt mode a lot lately with my figures, so maybe that's the extra nudge I need here too.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759677)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:47pm CST
A very noticeable difference between the cartoon model and the MP in those pics is that the former has a very prominent rectangular flat chest windshield while the latter has a less impressive trapezoidal curvy chest windshield.

His belly also angled inward much more on the cartoon model while the MP has much less inward-angling gut, which is also much wider than his upper torso windshield, giving him a much fatter look than the more broad-chested fit-looking cartoon model.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759679)
Posted by galvatron00 on January 26th, 2016 @ 2:52pm CST
Cyberpath wrote:Personally, I think MP-27 looks plenty cartoon-accurate.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759690)
Posted by william-james88 on January 26th, 2016 @ 3:26pm CST
Doctor McGrath wrote:I think it revolves around the crotch.

Like a crotch revolver?

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759691)
Posted by galvatron00 on January 26th, 2016 @ 3:28pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Doctor McGrath wrote:I think it revolves around the crotch.
Like a crotch revolver?

You are on a roll lately WJ :lol:
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759764)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 26th, 2016 @ 11:17pm CST
itscramtastic wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Personally, I think MP-27 looks plenty cartoon-accurate.

+ Infinity :-P :lol:
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759784)
Posted by Cyberpath on January 27th, 2016 @ 4:15am CST
More pix from the Internet:

This one's for you, Cobotron:

More pix: tfnd.net

---

Another in-hand gallery: 3935983230243736

Though they forgot to flip down the ab piece, the lighting shows off the mold rather nicely:

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759836)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 27th, 2016 @ 8:27am CST
I can hear IH telling the naysayers.............."Awwwww, go chew on a microchip........" or

"Dont hate me because I'm awesome" :lol:
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-27 Ironhide (1759844)
Posted by shajaki on January 27th, 2016 @ 8:40am CST
Cyberpath wrote:This one's for you, Cobotron:

Nice! Too bad he didn't take this shot standing on the sled-amadoo.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY