Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster

Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 10:14am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 27,147

Another Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors exclusive set has a couple of updates too: via site sponsor RobotKingdom and Twitter account TF_pr, we have images of the Sky Lynx - or rather Autobot Special Savior Combiner Lynxmaster - set shipping out soon, including a look at the collector coin that accompanies the release. Check it out below!

Transformers News: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster

Credit(s): RobotKingdom, TF_pr

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836580)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:20am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Who is Battle Gear/Gaia and why do people want him?
Battle Gaia was a redeco of G1 Bruticus released by Takara in 1992 during the Operation Combination line of the Japanese G1 era. He, like his Autobot counterpart Guard City (a redeco of G1 Defensor) is desirable for how obscure and rare he is, having never been reissued nor having appeared in much fiction beyond the original Operation Combination fiction and some minor fanwanky Japanese fiction of recent years. And because his deco looks cool.

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836582)
Posted by o.supreme on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:22am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Who is Battle Gear/Gaia and why do people want him?

Battle Gaia & Guard City were the first ever "repaints" if you will of Bruticus and Defensor respectively for the Japanese Manga Operation Combination @ 1992. I think its only one person that's asking, and doubtful these two versions will ever be remade. however I'm thinking that (at least with Battle Gaia), being the first Combiner repainted may have had some small part in making Bruticus the most often reproduced combiner to date.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836585)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:26am CDT
That Baldigus set is gorgeous!

It's an instabuy for sure.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836589)
Posted by o.supreme on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:34am CDT
anyone know of any clean close-up pics of the Lynx Master Box Art Yet?
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836593)
Posted by Insurgent on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:44am CDT
Huh. Cool. I knew about Guard City (Red Hotspot, right?) but never knew about the Bruticus repaint either.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836596)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:54am CDT
o.supreme wrote:anyone know of any clean close-up pics of the Lynx Master Box Art Yet?

sorry, that pic is all we have online at the moment.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836598)
Posted by Flashwave on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:02am CDT
EI'll be getting Baldigus...

I must say though, I know the baby puke tan is accurate to the Takara version of the character, and I wouldnt expect Takara to do anything less. But blech. I do not like it. Nope.

Still, looking forward to my TFSS Scourge having some actually accurate Commandos, and not the Energon guys.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836609)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:I wonder the possibilities of a Battle gear version?
Why do you keep calling him that? ガイアー means "Gaia" (Gaiā), not "Gear" (ギヤ Giya or ギア Gia).

That's just the OT JP way of calling him "GeAR".
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836611)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:34am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Who is Battle Gear/Gaia and why do people want him?

Cool x Infinity! :michaelbay:
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836612)
Posted by Munkky on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:35am CDT
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836614)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:38am CDT
Munkky wrote:My Unite Warriors Lynxmaster came in the post today, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. The only problem I've had so far is the joints on some of the individual figures are a bit tight, particularly on Trailbreaker and Ratchet, to the point where every time I transform them I get worried about applying too much force and breaking something off. Wheeljack's combiner port also makes a worrying CLANG that's louder and feels more strained than the ports on any other Combiner Wars Deluxe I own. Despite this, I'm pleased with my purchase and I do like Lynxmaster more than Superion or Ultra Prime.

Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836616)
Posted by Evil Eye on October 25th, 2016 @ 11:47am CDT
Woohoo! Ruination! He looks awesome- I think I'd probably pick this up over Bruticus to be honest, provided there's no major QC issues.

That said, I'd still want to replace those awful hands and feet. Yes they make better feet than the HFGs...but that's not saying much. They still have no forward/backward ankle movement, and the HFGs actually made better hands than the dedicated fists, which have ZERO articulation. At least the HFGs had a finger flap and a moveable thumb.

Regardless, hopefully I'll be able to get him.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836676)
Posted by Munkky on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Could you take some pics of the toys and their box if possible to show us? Especially Ratchet since that toy is totally new.

Apologies for the poor quality, I had to take these pics on my phone:

More pics to come.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836680)
Posted by Munkky on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836685)
Posted by Munkky on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT

(Combiner Wars Bruticus is the only Combiner I have on hand for a comparison right now)

While my version didn't come with a comic, there is this little drawing on the back of the instructions. You've got the Lynxmaster Autobots putting on a play; Sky Lynx is a dragon, Trailbreaker is a knight, Ratchet is a princess (Oh Japan, never ever change), and I think Hound and Wheeljack are doing light and stage effects with their HFG's. I don't know who the three people below Wheeljack singing opera are, if they're characters from Japanese or Sunbow G1 or if they're just entirely new. Optimus, Marissa Faireborne, Ironhide, Hot Spot and someone else (I can't tell who it is) are in the audience.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836686)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:28pm CDT
Gotta say, I'm impressed. I like the original Robots in Disguise show and love any variation of the Combaticons and the Commandos. Unfortunately, I think I would suffer from buyer's remorse since I already have Hasbro Bruticus (I'm very proud that I got all of them individually) and Baldigus is basically a recolor with some new weapons and different hands... Ah well, there goes however much he's worth outta my wallet. And since they made Baldigus.... Could Takara possibly make Scourge out of TR Laser Prime?
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836688)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:30pm CDT
Smokescreen was cool and all, but I'm so jelly they got Ratchet instead.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836692)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:34pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:I wonder the possibilities of a Battle gear version?

That's just the OT JP way of calling him "GeAR".

"OT"? I don't think the "Gear" name was even considered at the time.

As for why Baldigus over Battle Gaia, the latter hasn't been created yet at the fiction takes place, between Masterforce and Victory in 2021. Baldigus has, in 2000 in the Car Robots timeframe. Remember, Car Robots is considered G1, while the Robots in Disguise dub is its own universe. That's also why no US RiD names are used.
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836695)
Posted by Munkky on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:35pm CDT
Re: Collector Coin Images - Takara Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Lynxmaster (1836697)
Posted by o.supreme on October 25th, 2016 @ 1:40pm CDT
Looks great...still not sure what the reasoning was with the almost 45 degree angle shot. would have looked just as nice standing straight, and in form with all the other UW boxart

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY