Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con

Transformers News: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con

Saturday, April 11th, 2015 6:01PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 52,095

Earlier today, during the G.I. Joe Collector's Club panel at this weekend's G.I. Joe Con in Springfield, Il, a new G.I. Joe and the Transformers exclusive crossover set was revealed. The new set is Old Snake from the G1 episode titled "Only Human". Old Snake is none other than Cobra Commander from the G.I. Joe series. Old Snake will come packaged with two B.A.T.s figures (which are recolored from Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Soundwave) as well as a pair of Energon Cubes. This is the second G.I. Joe / Transformers crossover set to be offered from the G.I. Joe and Transformers Collector's Clubs. The first set is the Marissa Faireborn and Afterbreaker set which might be available as early as BotCon in June.

Special thanks to Pete Sinclair from the Transformers Collector's Club for letting Seibertron.com have an exclusive preview of this exciting set. Make sure you check out Seibertron.com later this weekend for our full gallery of Old Snake and the B.A.T.s!

Share your thoughts about this set on our forums by clicking here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674049)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
Stuff like this is great :D
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674050)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:21pm CDT
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674052)
Posted by Seibertron on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:25pm CDT
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674053)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I just confirmed with Pete Sinclair that the set does indeed include TWO B.A.T.s figures.

Any word on pricing? This is a must get. Also, to anyone out there who cares about ARAH, the GIJoe club's incentive figure for next year is Pythona.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674057)
Posted by Tranzilla on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:41pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:

This set is a MUST have for me. And seeing BOSS Fight Studios doing takes on serpentine creatures, Cobra-La stuff is a must have because of SerpentOR, I really want a Nemesis Enforcer, though.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674060)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on April 11th, 2015 @ 6:49pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:A B.A.T. is the perfect use of that mold- it looks great. Also, Old Snake is a long time in coming. It begs the question if they will release the viper soon. As in the vindow viper.

With you on both counts! The color scheme of the original B.A.T.-which is totally badass-fits that mold like a micro-cassette. As for "the viper" I have yet to acquire a custodian in my action figure collection so that would be awesome!
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674061)
Posted by Rated X on April 11th, 2015 @ 7:10pm CDT
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674063)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 11th, 2015 @ 7:29pm CDT
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674072)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 11th, 2015 @ 7:57pm CDT
So these, and Viper are Hasbro's entire 2015 G.I. Joe line right?
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674079)
Posted by padfoo on April 11th, 2015 @ 8:06pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Image

:grin:
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674082)
Posted by Zeedust on April 11th, 2015 @ 8:10pm CDT
I could barely care less about Old Snake, but the BATwaves look badass.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674099)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 11th, 2015 @ 8:49pm CDT
Back when Crystal Skull spawned that swath of 3.75" Indy figures that so many of us had been waiting decades for, I actually bought a few Nazis with long coats for the express purpose of someday kitbashing an Old Snake. Well, my procrastination wins again! Now I can just buy the official deal, and keep my 3rd Reich intact enough to face my Joes alongside the custom Jihadi John ISIS figures I'll be making out of 'The Wolverine' ninjas (those'll be a cinch).

I'm still making my own custom Marissa Fairbourne out of a spare Terra Firma white test shot and SpyLounge head; not that I normally care about action figures of female characters being better endowed than they are in official fiction, but after her upsetting depiction in Kiss Players, EDF's top soldier needs a space helmet AND zero-G-cups to tell the universe she don't tolerate Decepticons OR lolicons.

But of course I'm buying her new official toy too.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674112)
Posted by Convoy on April 11th, 2015 @ 9:21pm CDT
This is just what Joe fans want.
You got Transformers in my G.I. Joe!
You got G.I. Joe in my Transformers!
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674114)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on April 11th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CDT

CHUG is not in the 1980's G1 universe.

This figure is for G.I Joe collectors first and Transformers fans Second.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674123)
Posted by Desslok2201 on April 11th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
Convoy wrote:This is just what Joe fans want.
You got Transformers in my G.I. Joe!
You got G.I. Joe in my Transformers!

Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674125)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 11th, 2015 @ 9:36pm CDT

If you seriously want that, I'd recommend getting some of those Guardians of the Galaxy tiny two-packs (clearanced down to $4.99 at Meijer) and commence customizin'. The Ronan vs. Starlord should have all the parts you need. I'm stocking up on Gamoras just in case I ever get ambitious enough to do the Neo Knights!

And seriously, if this new scale continues after Age of Ultron, official toys of human TF characters that scale decently could actually happen; our silver lining from rising plastic prices.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674131)
Posted by Convoy on April 11th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:I reject your sly attempt to make me eat a reese's peanut butter cup. I won't do it!

Hahaha!
We'll see what shows up on your receipt when you post your next sighting.
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674149)
Posted by Genericon #378 on April 11th, 2015 @ 10:27pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I would be interested if Old Snake was an inch and a half tall to scale with CHUG figures. I dont need robot sized humans on my shelf. Not interested in the BAT Soundwaves either.

Is bitching all you ever do?
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674153)
Posted by Genericon #378 on April 11th, 2015 @ 10:29pm CDT

Is bitching all you ever do?
Re: Collector's Club Exclusive Old Snake with 2 B.A.T.s Revealed at G.I. Joe Con (1674156)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 11th, 2015 @ 10:32pm CDT
Since the Club is utilizing this mold, I wonder if Botanica is a shoe-in for BotCon...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Rid Hasbro Rumble Figure Loose" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - FIRST EDITION SERIES - STARSCREAM (A24)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME - ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - ULTRA MAGNUS VOYAGER CLASS (A8)" on EBAY
Buy "[ToysHero] In Hand Transformers Generations Siege Galactic Man Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "1995 Transformers Beast Wars: Optimus Primal Bat Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Bumblebee Shatter Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Prime VEHICON Complete Warrior 2011" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SELECTS SIEGE LEADER GALACTIC MAN SHOCKWAVE SDCC 2019" on EBAY