Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint

Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint

Monday, January 17th, 2011 2:15pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,946

Third party toy maker IGear has updated their FaceBook page with color images of their upcoming G1 styled Bumblebee along with his Cliffjumper repaint. This figure appears to be a reshell of Universe/Classics 2.0 Legends Bumblebee. We have mirrored some of the images below.

Credit(s): IGear

This article was last modified on Monday, January 17th, 2011 2:16pm CST

Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170446)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CST
I would love to have these
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170450)
Posted by Didicos on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CST
Best BB figure EVAR!!!!
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170452)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:26pm CST
Yuck. Not doing anything for me.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170461)
Posted by El Duque on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:39pm CST
Love the alt mode, but that's about it.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170470)
Posted by --B-- on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:52pm CST
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170477)
Posted by El Duque on January 17th, 2011 @ 2:57pm CST
--B-- wrote:If you are going to take the time to do all that, you might as well take the time to fix the problems of the mold, like the crappy arms and maybe another head for CJ. Just not enough.

Completely agree, give them some elbows, better shoulders, and two new unique heads and I might be in.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170480)
Posted by Ramscreamer on January 17th, 2011 @ 3:00pm CST
If it wasnt for those arms I would get both.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170487)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 17th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CST
Excellent detailing on those VW's. I like how the transformation is pretty much identical to the G1 versions but I do agree that the arms kind of kill it for me. If they were to come out more at the shoulder I think that would help a lot. I don't care that they don't bend at the elbow. They're roughly Legends class size range and most if not all of Has/Tak Legends don't bend there anyways but the arms should come out a bit more from the body. Tweak that little quirk and I think we have a winner here. A different head sculpt for Cliff would probably go over a lot better with folks too. Overall though, I'm impressed. Here's hoping the corporate hounds can be kept at bay in regards to the Classic Bug body style being used.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170503)
Posted by prowl123 on January 17th, 2011 @ 3:50pm CST
Ehh...not getting my attention.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170511)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:00pm CST
El Duque wrote:

I'll also agree with this. I find it hard to believe I could be any less interested in these.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170513)
Posted by Blurrz on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:07pm CST
I dig the red and yellow bros.. but I ain't forking over $100 for them each.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170515)
Posted by Rated X on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CST

Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170516)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:09pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

It's a real shame because the Alt modes look awesome. It's a pity the magic wares off the second you transform it! The head molding also looks a little suspect as well.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170523)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:36pm CST
What a piece of crap!
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170554)
Posted by Mkall on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:41pm CST
Rated X wrote:This is pure crap. Wasnt I-Gear supposed to make this instead ??? How did they get from this to that ???

I suspect Volkswagon got involved...
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170561)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:49pm CST
The previous proto pics would have been awesome! This one is pure cr@p!

If I was i-Gear, I wouldn't have made an exact carbon copy of the modern VW. They should have modified the appearance the way HasTak did on henkei Sideswipe.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170628)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 17th, 2011 @ 8:37pm CST
Lawsuit!
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170664)
Posted by Editor on January 17th, 2011 @ 10:15pm CST
what a waste.....
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170668)
Posted by El Duque on January 17th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CST

That's a totally different project, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up later down the road.
Re: Color Images of IGear's G1 style Bumblebee with Cliffjumper repaint (1170700)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 18th, 2011 @ 12:32am CST
El Duque wrote:

Mind = blown. If that ever got finished my pants would be having much exploding. =P~

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return REPUGNUS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeA x Transformers Generation One Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Brunt Figure Hasbro 2018 Aus Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Hotrod Battle For Cybertron - SHARKTICONS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Lot Of 3 Decepticons Lockdown KSI Boss Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL Deluxe MISB Devastator" on EBAY