Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe

Transformers News: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 9:40pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 40,056

e-Hobby has posted the first color images of Takara's next Masterpiece figure, MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe. The figure can be seen below in both robot and officially licensed Lamborghini Countach vehicle modes. As for accessories, we can see the figure's rifle, shoulder cannon, and optional pile drivers. No sign of the jet pack that Optimus Prime borrowed in part three of the G1 pilot "More Than Meets The Eye". The figure can also be seen interacting with MP-10 Convoy 2.0.

Credit(s): e-Hobby

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 14th, 2012 12:19am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389730)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 13th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CDT
WHOA!! :shock: ....................that is such an easy pass for me.

I'll wait for Sunstreaker 8)
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389734)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 13th, 2012 @ 9:52pm CDT
I read the first comment and thought the reaction was the same as mine with the WHOA, but alas, it isn't. This thing looks sick, I love everything about it and at times, this makes me sad that I don't collect alternity sized TFs, coz that alt mode is beautiful, and the robot mode is amazing too.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389735)
Posted by Seibertron on June 13th, 2012 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389736)
Posted by Down_Shift on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
Jesus jumped up Christ on a cracker. It's perfect! I'm honestly so pumped for this figure! I'll get him and Red Alert for sure. I'm also super impressed they included the piledriver hands. I mean, I'll never use them but still... super awesome. I know we don't see pics of it yet, but I'm willing to bet we're getting a jet pack too.

Son of a bitch this just made me soooooo happy. Now I'll never get to sleep!

On top of that the GF says it's perfectly acceptable to keep the MP line out in the main living room. Everything's coming up Down_Shift! (I'll still probably keep it in a nice display case in my TF room)
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389737)
Posted by Cyberseven on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
To each his own, but I love this figure. Not only is this Sideswipe, but it's Sideswipe the way I wished he was when I was a kid. The Lamborghini Countach was and is my favorite Supercar from the 80's, and Red was the color to have.

I have had Sideswipe and Red Alert MP's on pre-order since they were available. I still have my original G1's, and these are going to look sweet with them together.

Now don't get me wrong...If and when the make MP Sunstreaker, I will get him as well. This is an awesome TF fan year. :BOT:
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389738)
Posted by Blurrz on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
And the floodgates open.

More masterpieces please!
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389739)
Posted by krenger99 on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:04pm CDT
That does look stunning but I agree, is this really Masterpiece Class? I guess I'm just not used to the size, though it seems to be flawless next to Optimus. Is it priced well? I can't see paying hundreds for one given it's size, regardless of how articulated/accurate it is. Sure is nice though... :-?
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389740)
Posted by It Is Him on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:05pm CDT
God damnit. This is exactly what I want from Transformers. Just when I was perfectly happy with the Classics line...
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389741)
Posted by optibotimus on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this toy joining the ranks of "Masterpiece" Transformers. It does, however, feel like the perfect Transformers toy in a Transformers Classics line, similar to Mattel's Masters of the Universe Classics line. Give me one of these a month and I'd be one happy camper.

I don't know, i think it depends on the intricacy of the transformation. That's always how i looked at a MP figure. Accurate modes in both forms, to their original counterparts that is. Classics to me, are updates to those looks. Different, but having some obvious nods and such. I just hope he comes with some good accessories, such as a jetpack. Sideswipe NEEDS a jetpack
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389743)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:08pm CDT
Judging from some scale pics I found it look sabout the size of Classics Voyager OP. Which is ... too large for me. May be nice in an Alternators collection, though.

If it's released locally I may get it. But I'm not hurting for a Sideswipe.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389744)
Posted by optibotimus on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:09pm CDT
Looking closer though..his face looks derpy as hell LOL
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389745)
Posted by Geekee1 on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:14pm CDT
Looking great! I think my favorite detail on him is how they got the Countach headlights just right, I always liked that part of the design.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389746)
Posted by Forgotten on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:16pm CDT
Do something to fix those hollow, open lower legs & then i'll think about parting with my money. Good start though.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389747)
Posted by Starwave Prime on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:18pm CDT
The Derpy Hooves of the MP line, j/k, looks boss, especially with MP10 or whatevs, can't wait for the Hasbro release, bought.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389748)
Posted by TimothyR on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:19pm CDT
optibotimus wrote:

if it depends on the intricacy of transformation.. then MP01 wouldn't be a masterpiece figure at all.

this is what masterpiece is.. G1 cartoon accurate alt mode - G1 accurate robot mode. .. this figure accomplishes both.

my first thought when i saw this was "how can hasbro eF this up".. hasbro should give us this, exactly the way it is here and price it at $40.. it's easy, it makes sense, people want it.

and i agree, release one of the "deluxe" masterpiece figures once a month. .. or one every 2 months. whatever. just please get them here. while i absolutely love it, it's not in the ranks of prime, hot rod, megatron, the seekers, or grimlock which all made me run for takara's release. i guess we'll see.

monstergrotusque wrote:WHOA!! :shock: ....................that is such an easy pass for me.

I'll wait for Sunstreaker 8)

you do understand that sunstreaker won't be made using this mold.. right?
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389750)
Posted by prmlove1 on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:24pm CDT
Which version of Masterpiece Prime is he being compared with?
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389751)
Posted by padfoo on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CDT
Looks good, except for the hollow pieces on the bottom of the legs, also the wheels look hollow? It does seem a little more down market; based on first glance it seems to be less intricate than the alternators version and the previous larger batch of masterpieces.
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389753)
Posted by Short Circuit on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:33pm CDT
Simple yet decently designed transformation (where are the front wheels?) Awesome cartoon accuracy with the abdomen and boxy body, decent amount of detail, and that GORGEOUS red paint-job! WIll definitely try to buy!

And it seems like it would be a feasible sell for the american market. Do it hasbro!
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389757)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:37pm CDT
Wow :shock: ...Just wow! The first masterpiece figure i'd concidering getting. Fantastic!
Re: Color Images of MP-12 Lambor / Sideswipe (1389761)
Posted by Arcadia on June 13th, 2012 @ 10:46pm CDT
No hands?.......FAIL!

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Slamdance Grandslam & Raindance Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Walker Cleveland & Jackhammer - Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots - Cody Burns & Rescue Axe Playskool Heroes HTF" on EBAY