Color Preview of Megatron: Origin

Color Preview of Megatron: Origin

Tuesday, May 15th, 2007 7:25pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 11,754

Recently we reported that Chris Ryall posted three full pages from the comic in IDW's Forum. Now our own WhiteRabbit has brought to our attention that Ryall has posted four color pages from the Megatron: Origin series. Check the preview out by clicking here.

Credit(s): WhiteRabbit and Chris Ryall

Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122661)
Posted by Hotrod on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:32pm CDT
Front paged and credited!
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122663)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:33pm CDT
Seen the pics for Galvatrons Spotlight, but the Megatron ones are sure nice.

It seems that Megatron may have had a "crew" of fellow mining bots at one point, they all have the same "warning" strip on them.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122684)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:44pm CDT
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122690)
Posted by Sunstar on May 15th, 2007 @ 7:50pm CDT
that looks awesome. this could be the best origins idea so far for Megatron, can't wait!
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122719)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:28pm CDT
When can I get this?
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122721)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:31pm CDT
--on a note of its own--

The Golden Age, as seen from The Pit Below.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122736)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:46pm CDT
I like this art a lot.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122739)
Posted by Autobobby1 on May 15th, 2007 @ 8:51pm CDT
Very nice. Very nice indeed.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122757)
Posted by Mkall on May 15th, 2007 @ 9:07pm CDT
Dude with big shield: Sentinel Prime?
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122885)
Posted by lilcarus on May 15th, 2007 @ 11:19pm CDT
thats a pic of soundwave with the face mask right...
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122892)
Posted by Philthy on May 15th, 2007 @ 11:29pm CDT
Who is the older bot with the stache? Star Saber's Granpa? This is a must buy for me.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122949)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 16th, 2007 @ 1:02am CDT
Apex Convoy wrote:I love how Megatron's classic "bucket helmet" is the regulation safety helmet for all the workers. I wonder if he kept it to remind all the Decepticons of their roots or what. That would be a cool bit of information to know. And I wonder who the big 'bot with the sheild is. Looks like a cross between Fortress Maximus and Victory Leo. The grey 'bot looks a lot like Blurr, too, at least in the head, anyway.

It's funny, until a few years ago, I never really viewed Megatron to even have a helmet (and still don't). I have to say that it is a nice touch though! I'm really looking forward to this one! ;)^
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122961)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 16th, 2007 @ 1:32am CDT
I am liking this. Very much. I have to pick this one up when it comes out. I keep thinking that the dudu w/the humongo shield looks almost exactly like Dai Atlas. And isn't the Autobot at the podium Sentinal Prime? Interesting.....................
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (122993)
Posted by Leonardo on May 16th, 2007 @ 2:48am CDT
Looks fun!
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123042)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 16th, 2007 @ 4:02am CDT
I cn't see the last two! but wat I can see is cool.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123065)
Posted by snavej on May 16th, 2007 @ 5:06am CDT
Back paged and debited!
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123088)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 16th, 2007 @ 6:03am CDT
I'm calling it: the Vector Sigma look-a-like will be Sentinel Prime. As there are two different guys with shields up by the podium, I'm assuming that they're guards and have just given the miners some pretty bad news.

"Thanks for mining all this energon... but we're cutting your rations by 50 percent. Have a nice day." :-)
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123275)
Posted by Hairball178 on May 16th, 2007 @ 9:29am CDT
I thought the old 'bot at the podium was supposed to be Alpha Trion (or Alpha Prime, or whatever you wanna go by).

How many of the miner 'bots would you wager to be Constructicons?
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123296)
Posted by Leonardo on May 16th, 2007 @ 9:36am CDT
One of the chaps in the last panel (second in from the left) has a silver chest decoration that reminds me of IDW's Cybertronian Hot Rod chest design.
Re: Color Preview of Megatron: Origin (123319)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 16th, 2007 @ 9:56am CDT
I can't wait to find out the answers to your questions!

The artwork looks really good. The picture of Megatron with mining tool is really nice. 8)

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #26 #40 Shatter WW2 ????" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #15 #26 BB + WW2 BB ????!" on EBAY
Buy "Mirage - Transformers Series 2 The Loyal Subjects Vinyl Blind Box Figure 1/16" on EBAY
Buy "Target Exclusive Transformers Beast Hunters Cindersaur / Smokescreen" on EBAY