Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08

Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08

Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 1:33pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 15,135

Chris Ryall has been busy as of late, updating his blog with the new retailers cover for All Hail Megatron book #1 and upcoming comic releases for the May 7th. Included in todays update for the comic releases for tomorrow is the already colored All Hail #1 variant cover that we originally reported here.

The original black and white, done by new IDW Cover artist Casey Coller had a hidden tribute in it to his sister who recently passed away. In an email to Chris, Casey stated that he couldn't believe that Josh Perez (Colorist for the cover) saw the tribute and colored it nicely.

The original Brian Bolland piece this was based off of:

The staff and members of Seibertron.com would like to offer their deepest condolences to Casey and his family in this trying time.

To view the complete blog entry on the colored cover, including Casey's touching email, click here.

And to view all comic releases scheduled for tomorrow, click here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 4:36pm CDT

Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694756)
Posted by --B-- on May 6th, 2008 @ 1:49pm CDT
Pics don't work
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694767)
Posted by First Gen on May 6th, 2008 @ 2:00pm CDT
--B-- wrote:Pics don't work

I updated them on the main post. Sorry about that.
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694866)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 6th, 2008 @ 4:07pm CDT
They have made the awesome even more so. Didn't think that would be possible. :grin:
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694883)
Posted by Blozor on May 6th, 2008 @ 4:26pm CDT
First Gen wrote:
--B-- wrote:Pics don't work

I updated them on the main post. Sorry about that.

You can't hotlink pics from Blogger. They show up on your computer because they're in your cache already, but they won't show up on anyone else's. Every pic is encoded to the Blog it was originally posted to, so they won't work outside that Blog. You have to host them yourself somewhere like Photobucket to share them universally.

I know; I've been using Blogger for years now and I ran into the same trouble when they started doing pics that way. I can't hotlink them to my Blog's LiveJournal "mirror;" I have to change all the links to Photobucket links.
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694885)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 6th, 2008 @ 4:29pm CDT
This cover just took on a whole new meaning!
I strongly encourage everyone to go to Ryall's blog about this and about the artists story. I followed the link and read the article written by Collers sister. I then promptly called up The ComicStop (where I have a box and list of titles to receive each month) and told the owner a bit about the story and requested that if the cover comes in, that it be put in my box. A note was added to my list to ensure I would recieve a copy if the store gets one in.
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694889)
Posted by First Gen on May 6th, 2008 @ 4:38pm CDT
Okay now. Super fixed. Sorry for the confusion.
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694901)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 6th, 2008 @ 4:53pm CDT
I got so caught up in the story behind the tribute that I missed the fact that I can only order that cover from Apocalypse Comics in the U.K. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694948)
Posted by Primus C-00 on May 6th, 2008 @ 5:25pm CDT
Awe = Sum!

:grin:
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (694959)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 6th, 2008 @ 5:38pm CDT
Perez's colours do this cover justice.

Condolences to Casey's family, what a lovely tribute piece to have made in your honour.
Re: Colored All Hail cover includes tribute, IDW releases for 5 / 7 / 08 (695013)
Posted by ponycorn on May 6th, 2008 @ 6:38pm CDT
I didn't know this cover could look even better, but it does. I've got to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I might try to get this as my first retailer incentive cover. I'm a subscriber at my comic shop, I guess I can also have them put a note in my pull box.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY