Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency

Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency

Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 2:37pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 34,934

As promised, TFSource has updated their facebook page with the combination pics of BTS-05 wave 1 Tremor & Frequency and wave 2 Nightfang & Savage. There are also some additional images of Nightfang & Savage to help you decide to buy.

Credit(s): TFSource

Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355496)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 6th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CST
why?
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355498)
Posted by GuyIncognito on March 6th, 2012 @ 2:50pm CST
So "combine" = "put one on top of the other"? >:oP

When I get home from work today, I'm going to combine with my sofa.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355499)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2012 @ 2:50pm CST
Still getting the set for Ratbat, but these "combinations" are pretty much pointless.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355508)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CST
So when I use the toilet, I'm in combined mode? Cool!
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355510)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CST
Unless Ratbat somehow pegs into place it's not much of a combination. Frenzy's combination with Ravage is a bad joke. I could think it was fine if they didn't advertize it as "combination" at all.

Although I do like their Ravage and Ratbat, this "combination" business .... let us not speak of it again, BTS.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355511)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
BTS trolled us, but I'll still be picking up Nightfang & Savage. I really hope this "combination" with Savage is not the primary reason why Frequency/Tremor have such wide, child-bearing hips.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355514)
Posted by necr0blivion on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:15pm CST
DevastaTTor wrote:So when I use the toilet, I'm in combined mode? Cool!

"Ravage, eject!"
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355522)
Posted by DISCHARGE on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:So when I use the toilet, I'm in combined mode? Cool!

"Ravage, eject!"

Hurty and violent. :SICK:
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355525)
Posted by mattwhite924 on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:43pm CST
Midnight_Fox wrote:Both of these are supremely lazy, I was expecting something a bit more combiney than "I become a dude's head" and "Wheee! I'm a cowboy!"

I'll be honest, if it came with a little cowboy hat for Frenzy/Rumble I would buy the crap out of it.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355529)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:So when I use the toilet, I'm in combined mode? Cool!

"Ravage, eject!"

OMFG, I seriously am cracking up after reading that!
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355530)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 6th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CST
Do you want to know what kills these for me? The holes. I realize that cassettes have holes in them and that the Hasbro cassettes use them for weapon ports. These don't use them for anything. They just gouge out areas that should have been utilized to make the bot & bat & dog-that's-supposed-to-be-a-cat look a little less... brittle. That's the word I'm going with. And the "combinations" are asinine.

I was really looking forward to the Ratbat from the designs we say months ago, I was iffy when we first saw the pics but preordered it in the hopes that it was going to be better. Preorder cancelled, I still need a Classics Ratbat. >:oP
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355532)
Posted by liveconvoy on March 6th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CST
necr0blivion wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:So when I use the toilet, I'm in combined mode? Cool!

"Ravage, eject!"

Great minds. My webcomic from a while back:
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355546)
Posted by Covenant on March 6th, 2012 @ 4:52pm CST
Soooooo, Savage wearing Nightfang as an asshat is a 'combination'?

I'd like an apology from the flak I took from fellow fans about Energon combinations at this point, please.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355547)
Posted by Stormrider on March 6th, 2012 @ 4:53pm CST
They look inferior to the G1 products. Why buy these over the G1 version?
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355551)
Posted by phase on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:08pm CST
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355556)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CST
phase wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm glad I didn't get BTS Soundwave, I'm glad I didn't get BTS Rumble and Frenzy, and now I'm glad I'm not getting this set.

Sonicron looks like bad cosplay, Rumble & Frenzy are anorexic, Ravage is a greyhound, and Ratbat is just... disappointing. The "combined" mode (singular or Sparks from Sealab 2021 is a gestalt) are clearly accidental.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355563)
Posted by DavidT on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:29pm CST
I kinda like all the designs of theses figures. They could possibly fit in with the Transformers Animated line... I could see them in the cartoon!
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355564)
Posted by --B-- on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:29pm CST
To quote my 7 year old son: "Lame".

And my 5 year old son: "Eww"

That is all.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355568)
Posted by Mkall on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:39pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:

Ya know... I looked at these pictures... then I looked at the original promo pics that got me excited to own Ratbat... then I went to BBTS and cancelled my preorder.

It's seriously not worth it for me.

BTS, you had all sorts of potential going for you. What happened? You made the first add-on weapons kit I recall, followed up by a decent Classics Prime Trailer. Then things went very down hill.
Re: Combination Images of BTS-05 Nightfang & Savage with Tremor & Frequency (1355571)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 6th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CST
so according to these guys if i put on a hat or sitting on somthing im combining with it, what an extremely lazy way of doing a gimmick. The figures themselves look good but thats not really combining, well the first one kinda is but the second one isnt.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return SKULLSMASHER & GRAX Deluxe Class Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Voyager Brainstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Autobot Headmaster Retro G1 Re-Issue Brainstorm Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 Headmaster Reissue WEIRDWOLF Brand New! Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmaster Weirdwolf Reissue Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Ultra Magnus Fall of Cybertron FoC" on EBAY
Buy "HEADMASTER Skullcruncher TRANSFORMERS G1 Hasbro 1986 Figure Vintage Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Exclusive Generations Fall Of Cybertron Voyager Blaster" on EBAY