Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK

Friday, December 12th, 2014 2:45PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,585

As found in our UK sightings page, fellow Seibertronian Searchlight has spotted and purchased Voyager Silverbolt at Smyths for £22.99 (about US$36) in the UK. Silverbolt and Optimus Prime are apaprently the only ones from that line to be on shelves.

Here are pictures he took of his purchase.

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK

The cashier was having troubles scanning the barcode as the computer couldn't find it on file. So receipt doesn't show much.

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK

This is my feeble attempt to get them on the pegs.

Transformers News: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK

If you find these in your local stores, make sure to post your findings in the respective Toy Sightings thread.
Credit(s): Searchlight

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629438)
Posted by Rated X on December 12th, 2014 @ 4:34pm CST
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629443)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 12th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CST
Rated X wrote:36 bucks for a voyager ? I never heard of Smyths but I'm guessing it's a smaller chain that sells Transformers at "I got it first" prices.

X, that's the price converted from British pounds. Such prices are standard fare in Europe actually and unfortunately. And if you must know, Smyths is a rather large chain of toy stores found throughout the UK and Ireland. >:oP
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629448)
Posted by steve2275 on December 12th, 2014 @ 4:51pm CST
Rated X wrote:36 bucks for a voyager ?

id pay that much (worth it)
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629454)
Posted by Searchlight on December 12th, 2014 @ 5:34pm CST
Rated X wrote:36 bucks for a voyager ?

As JelZe stated that's just the conversion rate to US dollars. £23 is actually quite reasonable over here as TRU sell their voyagers at closer to £25. And Smyth's is probably our second largest toy store after TRU.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629455)
Posted by prjkt on December 12th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

also you've gotta take into consideration the avg wage/cost of living varies from place to place. For example, even taking exchange rates into account, the min wage where I am in AUs is at least double what I've seen in some places in the U.S., but then so is the price of certain goods, so it all balances out (mostly) in the end. Also, unlike the US, Aus/Uk and many other places include any taxes in the price.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629456)
Posted by mtma on December 12th, 2014 @ 5:38pm CST
Here in Brazil, with taxes and conversion, it's about $80 for a voyager...
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629465)
Posted by Shuttershock on December 12th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CST
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629467)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on December 12th, 2014 @ 7:37pm CST
mtma wrote:Here in Brazil, with taxes and conversion, it's about $80 for a voyager...

That's nuckin futs man.... :shock:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629479)
Posted by KillerOh on December 12th, 2014 @ 8:40pm CST
Robogeek1973 wrote:

That's nuckin futs man.... :shock:

Actually, it's a bit less than this:
- it's about US$34 for a Deluxe (Either AoE or the Generations Armada Starscream, Minion team, Skywarp, Scoop. Older lines were a bit cheaper)
- About US$60 for a Voyager (Age of Extinction only; The generations Sandstorm, Doubledealer and Rhinox along with Beast Hunters Voyagers were at about US$53)
- and about US$114 for a Leader (AoE Leader Optimus, Grimlock and Generations Jetfire; same value for Leaders since DoTM and including Beast Fire Predaking)

Yeah, still pretty expensive... :sad:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629483)
Posted by KnightStrike on December 12th, 2014 @ 9:39pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:I think I'm most amazed by seeing a Voyager on a PEG. I can't think of when I ever saw that happen. I just figured they were too big so got put on shelves instead.

That was my exact reaction. I had to do a double take and was still staring at it thinking voyager+peg=does not compute :lol:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629488)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 12th, 2014 @ 10:04pm CST
KnightStrike wrote:

At my local Wal*Mart, they ran out of shelf space (there are a ton of Voyagers, both AoE and Generations, all old of course) so they put those sticker hang tags on the Leader boxes and hung them from the pegs. (No joke!)

First and only time I had ever seen it.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629489)
Posted by Cobotron on December 12th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
KnightStrike wrote:

First and only time I had ever seen it.

I just saw the same thing at a Wal-Mart tonight! :lol:
AOE Leader Prime hanging on a peg.

My 1st reaction to the CWs on a peg was...
Awe Oh, are they smaller than we think?
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629492)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 12th, 2014 @ 10:38pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
KnightStrike wrote:

First and only time I had ever seen it.

I just saw the same thing at a Wal-Mart tonight! :lol:
AOE Leader Prime hanging on a peg.

My 1st reaction to the CWs on a peg was...
Awe Oh, are they smaller than we think?

I worry about that, too, but pictorials seem to indicate they're either the same size as other Voyagers or even slightly bigger. I'm assuming they're quite hollowed out, but they seem to have some size on them. I've heard they're a slight bit taller than FP's Colossus/Bruticus. If that's true, that's awesome, because MakeToys Giant and FP's Intimidator is larger than Bruticus is and I'd like them all to be in the same, or close, scale.

FP's Superion is still the shrimp of the group. :( I'll never be able to get any money out of that set, either, now that Hasbro's is coming.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629493)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 12th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CST
Any British bro's want to help an American bro out?
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629497)
Posted by Rated X on December 12th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

At the top of the news story the article says this:

Am I the only one that caught the conversion to US dollars listed in the article ?

Anyways, a voyager costs anywhere between $22-26 dollars including tax here in Miami, Florida at Walmart or Target. At TRU it might be a couple bucks more.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629509)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 13th, 2014 @ 12:53am CST
Syn_13 wrote:
megatronus wrote:This makes me hope for a Black Jet for Menasor. It may just be the angle, but the jet really does a good job of filling in the torso in a way that alleviates the combiner's wonky proportions.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Skywarp Legends in the not-too-distant future. I'm not keen on Blackjack, think it makes the chest look too wide, but the V shape of the jet works well. Acid Storm might not look too bad.

Skywarp... hm... You know if the point of the 'armor' Transformers were to add that individual's 'outlier' powers to the larger gestalt, Skywarp boosting Menasor would have to be one of the most terrifying combinations you could come up with.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629511)
Posted by prjkt on December 13th, 2014 @ 1:27am CST
Teleporting Menasor would be the end of us all
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629512)
Posted by Searchlight on December 13th, 2014 @ 1:33am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
KnightStrike wrote:

First and only time I had ever seen it.

I just saw the same thing at a Wal-Mart tonight! :lol:
AOE Leader Prime hanging on a peg.

My 1st reaction to the CWs on a peg was...
Awe Oh, are they smaller than we think?

They weren't hanging from pegs, rather they were sitting on top of pegs instead. Size wise he is currently standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my generations Sandstorm.

Have to say he is a good quality figure with excellent poseability, good solid joints and an easy yet satisfying transformation. The only negatives are that in jet mode there is a lot of undercarriage robot kibble and his gun is rather large, however these are definitely out weighed by the positives. You even geta trading card with art work that looks like that from the DeNA game.

Sorry, I would've posted more pics but my laptop is broken and doing the last lot by mobile phone only nearly gave me a minor aneurysm :HEADHURTS:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629514)
Posted by Cobotron on December 13th, 2014 @ 1:40am CST
Searchlight wrote:Size wise he is currently standing shoulder-to-shoulder with my generations Sandstorm.

GREAT!
can't wait.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 1 Voyagers sighted in the UK (1629523)
Posted by Black Hat on December 13th, 2014 @ 4:59am CST
Please please PLEASE let these come out in my local stores...Also they had better be releasing the limb-bots too. It would be dumb if they only released the torsos.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Bumblebee Shatter Movie Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Autobot Guzzle MOSC Cyberverse DOTM Commander" on EBAY
Buy "MMC Mastermind Creations Terminus Hexatron Continuum Sixshot Transformers IDW" on EBAY
Buy "Blaze Transformers Avengers Pirate Crusher Fisher Price Die-Cast Truck Spinner" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Commander Class Ironhide W/ Weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shock Blast Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime VEHICON Sports Car Legion Class Cyberverse Series #002 MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Waddlepop" on EBAY