Monday, March 9th, 2015 1:55pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 36,920

Combiner Wars wave 2 has begun shipping from various retailers all over the world, and some are even showing up at retail, but in all of the rush to find the next new figure to add to the collection, we tend to forget just who it is we're adding to the roster.

Well, Hasbro hasn't forgotten that biographies are a necessary and longstanding component of the Transformers universe and wave 2 is no exception. Hasbro's newest Combiner Wars releases have included new extended bios for the current wave of figures, such as Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad.

With Seibertron's assistance we now have full scans of the packaging bios for you to enjoy, below:

This article was last modified on Monday, March 9th, 2015 2:02pm CDT

Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660972)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 9th, 2015 @ 1:57pm CDT
Even better, the bios are done in LSOTW-style personal data logs.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660974)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 9th, 2015 @ 2:00pm CDT
HASBRO. RUNG. FIGURE. NOW.

please?? :saint:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660975)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 9th, 2015 @ 2:00pm CDT
LOVING Offroad's bio. Especially the last part, since it supposedly represents the fans' feelings about him :x
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660976)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 9th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I love how the extended bios for the generations figures are read ups from Rung as like "psy ops specialist".

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 pm
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660980)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 9th, 2015 @ 2:28pm CDT
Maybe one day, hasbro will give us a rung figure. Shame I think it will be very far off.

Robotmel; that nova prime...i can totally see that happening, but who would his limbs be?

Also is the second picture supposed to be?
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660983)
Posted by Cobotron on March 9th, 2015 @ 2:55pm CDT

So do we know, are these printed on the cards, or front and back covers of the comics?

One thing that has always bummed me out over the years is that the illustrators how do all this great package art get no credit. These are really nice paintings, I'd like to know who made them. They should be at least allowed to sign the art.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660986)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:12pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Those bios are great. especially Off Road's. If they do something similar for Alpha Bravo, will they mention his arch nemesis Rated X? :lol:

I want to say they are on the cards. It would be logical but I dont know if cards come with them. could be back of the comic.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660987)
Posted by Cobotron on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:18pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:

I was thinking the actual blister cards, not the collector cards. I think if they come with comics, they dont come with collector cards.
Interesting though, I found Huffer and Blackjack yesterday and they DID come with cards. It's nice that since the Legends can't come with comics, they still get some art.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660988)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:19pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:

I think they may be on the back of the comic, as the image before each bio is the cover for the pack in comics provided.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660989)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:19pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:

The cardback would have to advertise the Combining gimmick, as well as display other types of information (like copyrights and addresses). This is most definitely from the comics.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660997)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:

Sorry, I was thinking the little collector card. If these dont come with a card then it has to be the comic.

EDIT: yeah looking at it, its definatly the comic and there are no cards. I should look more carefully.

I liked the cards though. I was hoping to still get them with the comic. :-(

oh well.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1660998)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:37pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:

The first wave of deluxes only came with the cards because they were in fact the international release of the figure sold domestically due to time constraints. From wave two on, all deluxes will have comics, and the legends, voyagers and leader class figures will instead have the cards. Any deluxes released outside of the U.S by hasbro, including Canadian retail should have cards as well.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661008)
Posted by Editor on March 9th, 2015 @ 3:55pm CDT
Off-Road walks in Maccadams, sits down next to AlphaBravo.

OR) Hey fellow newbie, my team still dosn't like me, they want the old guy back, they keep going on that he's been seen somewhere far away, and that there are signs he could show up here again...
AB) Could be worse, at least you aren't a helicopter.

FULL DISCLAIMER:
I love both these guys, can't wait until Offroad is available here. :)
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661010)
Posted by gantzrunner on March 9th, 2015 @ 4:03pm CDT
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661015)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 9th, 2015 @ 4:26pm CDT
gantzrunner wrote:I'm seriously considering getting two Offroad figures and turning one into an alternator nemesis prime. The colors are perfect and the head swap (probably from deluxe classics prime ) won't affect transformation! Then I'll make him part of Cyclonus team :CON:

Thisis one of the smartest things I've heard of. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661016)
Posted by Editor on March 9th, 2015 @ 4:29pm CDT

:shock:
well done, awesome idea.
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661031)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 9th, 2015 @ 5:11pm CDT
I wonder if Hasbro will try to get the so far unreleased Wave 1 Deluxe comics distributed in the US. I imagine later production shipments of that wave will come in the intended "US" packaging now, but what are we to do for those who have already purchased the "international" batch? Maybe they can offer a mail away for the four first issues of "Combiner Wars"? Or, perhaps, at least offer them online?
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661037)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 9th, 2015 @ 5:22pm CDT
The first wave come with pre dark cybertron issues though don't they as combiner wars itself doesn't start till next month spread across three issues Transformers #39, Windblade 1# and a one shot (I think it's a one shot at least)
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661038)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 9th, 2015 @ 5:26pm CDT
Editor wrote:Off-Road walks in Maccadams, sits down next to AlphaBravo.

AB) Could be worse, at least you aren't a helicopter.

FULL DISCLAIMER:
I love both these guys, can't wait until Offroad is available here. :)

Offroad walks into a bar.

He staggers back and says, "What the scrap, Dead End?"

Dead End says, "Shut up and take your lumps, new guy."
Re: Combiner Wars Wave 2 Extended Bios for Air Raid, Breakdown, Dead End and Offroad (1661041)
Posted by 1984forever on March 9th, 2015 @ 5:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
1984forever wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:1984forever@ fair enough, guess your not going for the masquerade prime combiner then?

Nah. I'm too much of a purist to own that masquerading monstrosity they're calling Optimus Maximus. Sunstreaker will stand alone. The only combiner I'm getting is Devastator. Maybe Menasor if Takara puts a Wildrider in their set.

You do realize CW Suntreaker may not look like his G1 self right? Everything points to him being a retool of CW Breakdown:

Hopefully they'll give Streaker a remolded chest plate to go with the new head sculpt. If not, I'll still pick him up. G1 Sunstreaker's chest kinda resembled Breakdown's chest.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY