ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series

ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series

Monday, July 4th, 2016 2:55am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,898

Fellow Seibertronian RevTibe brings us some more IDW Publishing Transformers comics news, in the shape of a hefty discount on the whole Tom Scioli run of Transformers vs G.I. Joe - just after the series ends! Check out more details below and here, and head to ComiXology to read one of the wildest takes on the shared universe of the 80s.

RevTibe wrote:Submitted this as news, but probably best to also post it since it's time sensitive; Transformers vs. GI Joe's got a 50%(ish) discount on Comixology until the 5th! Just enter JOE at checkout. You can get the entire series for a bit less than $15, great opportunity to jump in if you've been on the fence.

(They advertise 50% off, but when I applied it I got 55% off. Neato.)

Transformers News: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series

Credit(s): CmiXology

Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1803139)
Posted by RevTibe on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:33am CDT
Forgot to mention; the discount also applies to other GI Joe comics!

(If you're picking up the series, you'll also want to grab the Free Comic Book Day issue of Robots in Disguise - don't worry, it's still free. It includes a one-page strip that slots between Transformers vs. GI Joe issues 6 and 7. Introduces a minor character in an entertainingly quirky manner.)

It's absolutely criminal they aren't calling this the "Fourth of Joe-ly" sale.
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1829330)
Posted by Va'al on September 29th, 2016 @ 1:53am CDT
In other IDW comics news, we have a new listing on online retailer Amazon.com for the Tom Scioli and John Barber series Transformers vs G.I. Joe, collected in a new, oversized The Quintessential Collection! The new edition probably adds some extras too, bulking it up to 420 pages and $49.99, and might explain all the recent Scioli Twitter activity featuring Cybertronian art. Due for release in March 2017, check out more info below on this oversized hardcover book!

Earth makes contact with an alien race–and G.I. JOE is on the front lines! But, when the Transformers arrive–well, let’s just say you’ve never seen Transformers vs G.I. JOE like this! This oversized deluxe hardcover collects all 13 issues, including commentary and extras by creators Tom Scioli and John Barber!
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1829368)
Posted by Microraptor on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:45am CDT
More like the QuintessSONessetial amiright!?
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1829375)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:58am CDT
Yooooo that is awesome! The series was designed for an Absolute Edition!
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1829391)
Posted by jogunwarrior on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:14am CDT
If someone were to pay me $49.99, I would probably read this.
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1831337)
Posted by Va'al on October 7th, 2016 @ 2:01am CDT
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856935)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:47pm CST

Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856937)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:50pm CST
Please, I await all the fanrage. It nourishes me. :michaelbay:
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856943)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:21pm CST
No fanrage, it did remind me though that I have to unload the comics of this series I previously collected. If anyone wants the complete series (Issues #0-13), plus 2 SDCC exclusive covers of #1, plus a couple of duplicates of other issues, PM me $70.00 USD -That is retail price, just looking to make back what the comics cost me, at no profit to myself. In fact I probably stand to lose a little because I'm willing to pay for shipping.
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856947)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:29pm CST
o.supreme wrote:No fanrage

Aw. :-(
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856950)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:39pm CST
I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856960)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 2:13pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856975)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:00pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1856991)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:47pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(

Good placing of that T. ;)
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1857030)
Posted by Cobotron on February 3rd, 2017 @ 6:45pm CST
I've never been more excited for more of something I thought there wouldn't be any more of.
The greatest comic book experience I've had in years! And now it's a MOVIE!

But not really a movie, but a comic book adaptation of a movie about a comic that really is about a movie that never was.

Didja get all that? ;)
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1857071)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 4th, 2017 @ 12:31am CST
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1857111)
Posted by shauyaun on February 4th, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Va'al wrote:IDW Publishing have started promoting some of their upcoming books, and caught in said promotion is the new project by visionary comics creator Tom Scioli, of the Transformers vs G.I. Joe limited series: the comic book adaptation of a movie that never was - Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie! The Comic Book Adaptation of a Movie Version of a Comic Book (Seriously) You Never Knew You Needed will be out in March 2017.

Ok so it's a comic book?
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1857159)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 4th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
a comic book where every human has a skin condition judging by the cover :O

I'm still not sure how I felt about reading that series. It was... unique... interesting... but I don't know if I enjoyed it. I respect that it exists and that's that I suppose.
Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1860570)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2017 @ 3:29am CST
We've covered this upcoming book previously, and its bizarre slogans, but we now also have the variant cover by Robb Waters for Tom Scioli's Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation One Shot! Courtesy of Previews world, mirrored below, featuring Cobra, Joes, and assorted Cybertronians.

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE MOVIE ADAPTATION
(W) Tom Scioli (A) Tom Scioli (CA) Robb Waters
Imagine a world where the greatest comic book crossover of all time inspires a movie adaptation... and that movie adaptation inspires its own comic book! Visionary writer-artist Tom Scioli returns to the weird world of Transformers vs. G.I. Joe and brings an even weirder twist to this new story: what would the comic book adaptation of the movie version of the comic book look like? It's time to find out in the most epic, scintillating, off-the-wall, exciting comic of 2017!

Re: ComiXology 50% Sale on IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe Series (1860620)
Posted by triKlops on February 18th, 2017 @ 11:37am CST
I was gonna pick this up anyway so the variant would be a nice addition; cover came out fresh!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "transformers robots in disguise strongarm (damaged)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 20” Transformers Age Of Extinction GRIMLOCK Stomp and Chomp Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobots Grimlock Buildable Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 XE TRUCK ? BARRICADE JADA DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction- Hammer Strike Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "KBB Transformers GT-05 Optimus Prime MP-10 G1 Pocket Size Combat commander-12cm" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Mr Potato Head Bumble Spud Collectible Children’s Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Grimlock Movie Age Stomp and Chomp No Sword" on EBAY