Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics

Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics

Monday, February 13th, 2017 1:27pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,084

Comixology is having another comic book sale, this time titled the 'World of Hasbro' sale, where there are dozens of Transformers and other Hasbro properties comics on sale. You can find the comics by going to the link above, and use the code 'IDW' at checkout to get 50% off the list price. Check it out!

Titles include:

-IDW Revolution Prelude
-IDW Revolution Parts 1-5
-IDW Road to Revolution
-IDW Revolutionaries #1
-IDW MTMTE Volumes 1-10
-IDW MTMTE every issue including the Annual and Revolution 1-shot
-IDW Robots in Disguise (Cartoon) every issue
-IDW RiD (IDW G1) issues 1-34, Volumes 1-8
-Some older Transformers IDW G1 comics
-Movie Comics
-Animated Comics

Credit(s): Comixology

Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886194)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 8:18am CDT
Digital comic store Comixology has once again put up a sale for... well, ALL of IDW's Transformers comics - including current ongoings like Lost Light and Till All Are One; as well as many of their previous comics like Revolution, More Than Meets The Eye, All Hail Megatron and their many collections of the old Marvel comics. This sale lasts until the 29th of this month, and each item has at LEAST 50% off! Click the link here if you're interested and tell us if this sale was good to you in the energon pub!
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886228)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:11am CDT
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886234)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:15am CDT
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886239)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:26am CDT
william-james88 wrote:And has anyone figured out that the best deal is yet? Like which book has the biggest discount and what gives you most for your money?

Well, considering that it is just about every IDW Transformers comic... that'd take quite a bit of searching.

By the by, since I'm here; suppose I can make my best recommendations from the furman era :D

Spotlight: Shockwave
Spotlight: Sixshot
Spotlight: Blaster
Maximum Dinobots

Maximum Dinobots I feel is just the most enjoyable of the main ongoing series Furman had going, while the three Spotlights I've picked are what are in my opinion the best of all three types of Spotlights. Shockwave ties directly into the main story and gives huge context on what's going on; Sixshot expands on one of the characters in the main story and gives extra context; Blaster has nothing at all to do with the main story but attempts to use the universe set up to provide just a damn good story - and succeeds. All of them manage to be great stories really.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886247)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886263)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 10:13am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thanks I will look into those. i already have spotlight shockwave, its been free for a while (thats very kind of them).

Very kind. Makes sense too; a lot of Revolution stuff is rooted in Shockwave's machinations with his ores, which the Spotlight shows best.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886331)
Posted by no-one on June 2nd, 2017 @ 3:01pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Definitely getting Storm Bringere under Scotty's recomendation. Plus all of TAAO.
I just read Stormbringer not to long ago. I remember linking it a lot.

Well well, it's that time to play catch up again ;)^
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886407)
Posted by ricemazter on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
Someone should check if this extends to all of IDW's Hasbro universe. I looked and all the ROM issues are .99 as well as wrath of Karza
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886411)
Posted by william-james88 on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:39pm CDT
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886425)
Posted by ricemazter on June 2nd, 2017 @ 9:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I bought all of TAAO and Stormbringer. I wish Sotrmbringer was collected but oh well. Also, anyone know why issue 10 of TAAO is double the price (when its not on sale)?

All new issues of IDW digital comics are $3.99. Normally, the price drops to $1.99 after a month/whenever the next issue is released. So, you can always get a 50% discount if you're willing to be one issue behind.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886512)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 3rd, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
I need some advice/assistance:

I will be collecting the post-Death of Optimus Prime IDW comics in the form of the hardcover collections: I have the first 4 of the new ones.
I also have the compendium, which includes Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, and a handful of Spotlights.
I'm also probably going to get Vol. 8 of the original collection for Chaos, and Vol. 4 for Revelation and Maximum Dinobots.
What I don't know is how best to get Devastation or if I should read the original ongoing.

Any thoughts?
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886527)
Posted by Kurona on June 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

If you're just going physical copies for post-DOOP, then this sale might be your best bet for Devastation.

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886921)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 4th, 2017 @ 8:16pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'
But, come to think of it, does AHM have enough plot elements in it to be worth reading eventually?
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886928)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 8:48pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

AHM for better or for worse significantly changed the course of the IDWverse and kicked off a lot of events that still effect modern day stories, especially in regards to Revolution (MASK and GI Joe in particular are in response to the events of AHM). The problem isn't that it doesn't have plot or doesn't have consequences or change anything; just that it's unoriginal and not very good at what it does.

There's been a couple IDW series called 'the transformers'. First was the 2009 series headed by Mike Costa which follows AHM and precedes Death of Optimus Prime and ran for 31 issues (with many minis on the side like LSoTW and Bumblebee). The second was the continuation of post-2011 Robots in Disguise; renamed to simply 'The Transformers' so as not to be confused with the 2015 cartoon and toyline of the same name. The fandom tends to call it 'ex-RiD' to differentiate it.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886931)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1886932)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:I need some advice/assistance:

Any thoughts?

What do you mean by original ongoing? Infilitration, the Costa era...?

Ah, I see, I was referring to 'The Transformers'

This really is much more confusing than it needs to be isn't it?
I was referring to the earlier title, between AHM and DoOP.
As for AHM, is it worth it over just reading a summary?

Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1887023)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on June 5th, 2017 @ 8:57am CDT
Kurona wrote:In my opinion not really; the Coda (issues 13-16 that are after the main story) has some good stuff, but AHM was universally reviled by IDW fans and for good reasons. Still, at the end of the day my thinking it's awful is just an opinion - if you wanna try it out for yourself and find some enjoyment in it, all the power to you.

Thanks! ;)^
I think I now know where to go from here.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1890253)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 18th, 2017 @ 9:36am CDT
Now through 6/29 Comixology is offering 50% off on Transformers comics. This sale is massive, featuring Transformers: Spotlight issues as well as Lost Light, Till All Are One, Optimus Prime and much more! We would also like to point out that the Shockwave Spotlight issue is free to download.

If you are a fan of Transformers comics you may be interested in these First Strike Tie-ins

Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1890302)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 18th, 2017 @ 4:13pm CDT
Why are all the "-ation" TPB's at regular price? Those are the only TF stories I'd be interested in purchasing there.
Re: Comixology 'World of Hasbro' Sale Including Many Transformers Comics (1896033)
Posted by Kurona on July 11th, 2017 @ 4:05pm CDT
Yes fellow Seibertronians, you did just read that title right -- until the 24th of this month, online digital comic retailer Comixology is having a 55% off sale on every single IDW comic they have (with the single stipulation that the comic can't be one released after the 5th of this month) as long as you input the code IDW17 at the cart. From every Transformers comic under IDW's banner like More Than Meets The Eye, All Hail Megatron and Till All Are One to the full IDW Hasbroverse including Revolution, ROM, G.I. Joe and more; click on the image below to go to Comixology's frankly quite insane sale, see if you can't get a damn good deal and brag about any haul you might have in our forums!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY