Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

Saturday, April 29th, 2017 12:03pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 38,962

If anyone still doubts that the newly revealed MPM 04 Masterpiece Optimus Prime is a totally new mold, weibo user Notrab has images directly comparing it to the ROTF Optimus Prime Leader figure. We can finally see how big he is a tad bit smaller, and definitely slimmer all around, making him closer to the size of MP 10 and today's leader figures.

Transformers News: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

Credit(s): Notrab

Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878201)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 29th, 2017 @ 12:15pm CDT
The little headlights still don't look like they've been folded in but overall yes I find the MPM somehow 'fixes' the few flaws in the shape and size of the already somewhat masterpiece RotF mold and making a transformable movie Prime figure much more the slender athletic form he has in the films.

Kinda wish it had optional pieces so you could have those DotM abs though. :P
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878218)
Posted by EunuchRon on April 29th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878220)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 29th, 2017 @ 2:05pm CDT
EunuchRon wrote:That's not ROTF prime! He doesn't have the swords in his arms, he has 5mm holes in his arms, his fuel tanks come off, and the belly has the mecha six-pack bits. That's Striker Prime from Dark of the Moon.

The base mold is still the same (Striker is retooled from RotF), which is what matters.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878226)
Posted by EunuchRon on April 29th, 2017 @ 3:54pm CDT
He didn't say "base mold", he said "Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime". Some people could get thrown off by that. Details are important, man.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878279)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 29th, 2017 @ 8:22pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878299)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 29th, 2017 @ 10:44pm CDT
So is it a heavy retool or a new mold?

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878301)
Posted by Overcracker on April 29th, 2017 @ 10:54pm CDT
Maximal Rainmaker wrote:So is it a heavy retool or a new mold?

:MAXIMAL:

Its an entirely new mold.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878306)
Posted by Lucky Logician on April 29th, 2017 @ 11:33pm CDT

If I only owned the first movie Optimus, I'd pickup up MPM in a heartbeat. I just have a hard time paying the $100 to replace ROTF cause he already looks sooo good.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878307)
Posted by EunuchRon on April 29th, 2017 @ 11:40pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:I have to admit that MPM Optimus does look really, really good. But I just can't force myself to buy him.

Same here. I have ROTF Prime, Jetwing Prime, and Striker Prime. I just got MP-36 Megs, so another Masterpiece figure ain't in the budget. Or the shelf space. Man it sucks not being rich! #-o
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878316)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 30th, 2017 @ 2:09am CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Gosh, it's insane how good this MP figure is. I can't wait to see the transformation. I'd like to see if they could improve on the deluxe BB mold from the first movie too, that was also near perfection.

I find the DotM Deluxe Bee to be the naturally evolved improved version of the 2007 deluxe Bee. Particularly in the arms (having his proper forearm panels rather than using the blank roof sections of the car mode).
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878337)
Posted by Prowl4 on April 30th, 2017 @ 8:08am CDT
Every image I see of this guy makes me want him more.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878343)
Posted by whip_it on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:39am CDT
definitely a masterpiece
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878361)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 30th, 2017 @ 1:02pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878379)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2017 @ 3:08pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:This does the Armour Knight trick of switchable faces? I must have missed that if it's mentioned here. Just read it on it's tfwiki entry.
It does.

Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878380)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 30th, 2017 @ 3:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It does.

Damn that's awesome. It was a neat feature on Armour Knight and if any Prime figure was to copy that gimmick it makes sense for it to be the Masterpiece. Matrix included too!
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878411)
Posted by Overcracker on April 30th, 2017 @ 5:49pm CDT
I was really trying hard not to want to buy MPM, after buying MB-11.

But damn, that Face gimmick, and the Matrix just make it so incredibly hard to not want it...

Even if his arms are very skeletal.. :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:

What to do???
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878465)
Posted by Sigmus Prime on April 30th, 2017 @ 9:34pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:Even if his arms are very skeletal.. :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:

I think the arms are the one thing I'll never be satisfied with on this figure. In addition to them as a whole being thin, I find the forearms horrendous. Like, everything about them feels wrong - the general shape, the misplaced flame panels, the inexcusable lack of red, etc. And then there are the shoulder pads. I mean, they didn't even try there. That was something rather simple that could've been easily improved over the ROTF mold, and instead they're left exactly the same - just two square panels.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, necessarily, but I certainly don't like it.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878490)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 1st, 2017 @ 1:34am CDT
Sigmus Prime wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Even if his arms are very skeletal.. :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS:

I think the arms are the one thing I'll never be satisfied with on this figure. In addition to them as a whole being thin, I find the forearms horrendous. Like, everything about them feels wrong - the general shape, the misplaced flame panels, the inexcusable lack of red, etc. And then there are the shoulder pads. I mean, they didn't even try here. This was something rather simple that could've been easily improved over the ROTF mold, and instead it's left exactly the same - just two square panels.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, necessarily, but I certainly don't like it.

I do prefer the forarms on the MPM now especially from the side as the side panels don't obscure the elbows and hands like the overly long panels on the RotF mold do.
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878507)
Posted by Scramjet on May 1st, 2017 @ 8:19am CDT
You know, I've been on a Movie TF kick as of late. Revisiting what I have, mourning what I no longer have :-(

Where are the comparison shots to the ORIGINAL Movie leader Optimus?! Yes, I know everyone wants to compare him to the RotF version, but he should reaaaaally be compared to the chunk of toy that was the OG!

Such a fun toy. I just wish he had regular sounds, not the similar to Super God Masterforce with random explosions transformation sound :lol:

Someone get on that..please and thank you :lol:
Re: Comparison Images Between MPM 04 Optimus Prime and ROTF Leader Optimus Prime (1878512)
Posted by Scramjet on May 1st, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Here's "Movie Premium" leader and Revenge of the Fallen leader for comparison between those two..
And then a re-post of Revenge of the Fallen with Masterpiece Movie Series.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY