Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday

Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday

Saturday, July 18th, 2020 4:21pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,730

The Vector Sigma Facebook page has made some handy comparisons between the toys that were revealed on Fan First Friday. It's funny to see that in some cases, the 3D renders were themselves simply redeco'd or retooled. The Soundwave and casette comparison are most interesting. For Soundwave, we see that very little has changed in terms of tooling and yet a totally different alt mode was achieved. For the casettes, we see that each of them are indeed retooled (look at Ravage's head) and you can see how different the deco is.

Optimus is the same mold and you can see the slight deco changes. We also see that Elita-1's vehicle mode was indeed retooled, ever so slightly. Let us know what you think of these and which ones you hope to pick up.

Transformers News: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday

Credit(s): Vector Sigma

Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072678)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2020 @ 4:24pm CDT
Even though I already own Siege Soundwave, I'd be down for that ER set.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072680)
Posted by The Lonely Cracker on July 18th, 2020 @ 4:39pm CDT
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072682)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2020 @ 4:45pm CDT
The Lonely Cracker wrote:Is it just me, or are transformations that involve ripping off a chunk of the vehicle mode as a half-assed "shield" getting way too damn common?

That kind of Transformation irked me since G1 Blurr.

Sure, it's a shortcut for a clean altmode, but if you lose the part, you're screwed. #-o
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072687)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 18th, 2020 @ 5:07pm CDT
...I thought we'd previously established that the ER Datsun mold had zero parts in common with the SIEGE one. Shouldn't Prowl be getting compared to ER Smokescreen and not the SIEGE mold?

A bit. In Ironhide's case it's because it was the only way to give the SIEGE mold an Earth car roof while A. keeping the legs as oblong blocks and B. keeping it a Deluxe (the full-fledged G1 battle sled would have made him a Voyager from the sheer mass; I would have happily paid for that though, I really want that, and so I am disappointed it's not what we got). Ironhide at least has precedent for a removable platform even if a roof shield/gun turret is a shadow of the G1 toy's component, and at least in his case the length and width of the roof (plus the relative flatness) does enough to make it not look stupid as a shield.
...You know what Ironhide's roof shield reminds me of, actually, from the proportions? Image
That.

With Bumblebee and Cliffjumper it was probably to make the altmode re-shell easier, although it is a bit annoying. Still, at least you can put it on the back without it being overly bulky in their case.
The ER Arcee mold... yech. In that case it's pretty blatantly done as part of making the mold a shellformer so they could give us a rather "meh" Elita.

@Kanrabat At least Blurr's prow/shield looks like a shield (*gives ER Arcee the hairy eyeball*). The Titans Return mold improved things by making removing it optional. Plus it has an extra use there.
G1 Blurr's shield honestly isn't too far from the "chunk of the altmode detaching to be a gun or a sword or whatever" that dominated design from Beast Wars through the Unicron Trilogy, and wasn't uncommon in Classics through Animated.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072689)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2020 @ 5:32pm CDT
Fans first? Not if you live outside the US it seems.

Courtesy of OzFormers.

QUINTESSON PIT OF JUDGEMENT 5-Pack - could be here at EB Games and Mr Toys, but still need to secure stock (to be confirmed later)
WFC-GS19 - Rotorstorm - will be at EB Gamese in OCTOBER (and NZ)
WFC-GS11 DECEPTICON EXHAUST - not expected here (source it online if possible)
WFC-GS12 GREASEPIT - will be at EB Games in SEPTEMBER (and NZ)
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP - will be at EB Games in SEPTEMBER (and NZ)
E7460 - WFC-E27 Seeker Elite 2-pack (Ramjet & Dirge) - not expected here
E7461 - WFC-E31 Autobot Alliance 2-pack (Ironhide & Prowl) - not expected here
(the 2-packs are both Amazon exclusives in the US, so hopefully they show up as import listings on Amazon Australia like Alternate Universe (dead) Optimus did this week)
Netflix wave 2 - not expected here (the Netflix toyline is doing too well, making it difficult to get stock for Australia)

So basically if it's not coming to Australia, it'll be through EB Games/Zing which is about double the normal retail price.

Guess I'm done collecting then.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072690)
Posted by Omegatron. on July 18th, 2020 @ 5:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

This comparison isn't very helpful since the render of ER Prime used here is inaccurate. The actual toy has the silver stripe on the side of its alt-mode and light blue eyes, just like the new toy. This comparison also misses out on the actual big difference between the two toys, the grey inner legs on ER Prime.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072691)
Posted by william-james88 on July 18th, 2020 @ 6:11pm CDT
Burn wrote:Fans first? Not if you live outside the US it seems.

Courtesy of OzFormers.

WFC-GS19 - Rotorstorm - will be at EB Gamese in OCTOBER (and NZ)
WFC-GS11 DECEPTICON EXHAUST - not expected here (source it online if possible)
WFC-GS12 GREASEPIT - will be at EB Games in SEPTEMBER (and NZ)
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP - will be at EB Games in SEPTEMBER (and NZ)
E7460 - WFC-E27 Seeker Elite 2-pack (Ramjet & Dirge) - not expected here
E7461 - WFC-E31 Autobot Alliance 2-pack (Ironhide & Prowl) - not expected here

Guess I'm done collecting then.

Are you able to purchase from Amazon Japan?
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072692)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2020 @ 6:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Are you able to purchase from Amazon Japan?

Probably not. Still comes down to the issue of price. Why pay $80AU+ for a figure that the same size class retails for $49AU? It's not worth it.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072693)
Posted by Tuned Agent on July 18th, 2020 @ 6:29pm CDT
Omegatron. wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

So basically, who knows what his deco will be.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072694)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 18th, 2020 @ 6:30pm CDT
Of course, if they would stop reinventing the slagging wheel with Optimus' transformation...
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072695)
Posted by o.supreme on July 18th, 2020 @ 6:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

That really stinks. I was actually hoping it would be Siege Prime since I don't have that version yet. Since I already have ER prime, I guess I'm reduced to trying to get the BMs seperately online, or just getting the whole thing and trying to sell Optimus by himself.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072699)
Posted by TheForgottenTaxi on July 18th, 2020 @ 7:15pm CDT
Gotta say, I'm increasingly feeling like a sucker for buying any Siege toys.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072700)
Posted by william-james88 on July 18th, 2020 @ 7:53pm CDT
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Are you able to purchase from Amazon Japan?

Sorry about that, man

TheForgottenTaxi wrote:Gotta say, I'm increasingly feeling like a sucker for buying any Siege toys.

You and me both.
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072702)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on July 18th, 2020 @ 7:56pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:2 thrust will be an exclusive of some sort, he isn't part of the main voyager assortment.

Since when? I thought he was the Wave 4 Voyager.

I wrote above the proof to him being an exclusive single release so I now wonder, where did you see that it would be part of wave 4?

...having seen your proof and looked back, I realize there never was any explicit proof of Thrust being the Wave 4 Voyager, a lot of people here just assumed he would be since he was the only ER/WFC figure in that listings leak to not explicitly be an exclusive (or in Exhaust and Greasepit's case, be proven later to be an exclusive, since they were missing the Selects denomination at first), and the fact that Coneheads require their own retooling made it seem likely at least one of them would be a retail figure to get that version of the mold on the shelves. I thought that the Seeker prefix on the name was to solve trademark issues, but didn't notice that it was printed that way on the tag and therefore wasn't part of the retail assortment. :oops:

I guess this means we're fully back to square one of having absolutely no idea who's in Wave 4 then!

Tuned Agent wrote:Not to mention the render of Netflix Prime has the silver stipes on the sides of the truck mode, but not on his arms, and his thighs are red in truck mode. It's almost like they tried to make both modes look as good as possible regardless of whether they were consistent with each other or representative of the final toy.

So basically, who knows what his deco will be.

This has kinda been a reoccuring issue with the renders in this trilogy overall so far, so I basically only trust the renders for Bumblebee and Soundwave. Other examples of the inconsistent/untrustworthy renders include:
-Siege Hound's windshield being green
-Siege Sixgun's head turning white in alt mode, along with other parts being presented as white that were later red
-Siege Red Alert's renders having the wrong head and better different colored arms (and this new Red Alert's render is even that same incorrect render but with extra battle damage, so it's ALSO wrong)
-Siege Spinister's guns changing color in alt mode
-ER Starscream growing a second pair of null rays from somewhere in alt mode
-ER Ramjet and Dirge already showing different coloration to their renders the day they were revealed
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072703)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:10pm CDT
I don't think you're a sucker. Sideswipe, Hound, Chromia, and Mirage aren't getting remakes, the Weaponizers from SIEGE aren't getting remakes, the Battlemasters aren't getting remakes, Spinister and Impactor aren't getting remakes, Springer and Apeface aren't getting remakes, the SIEGE Seekers model the decidedly-different Cybertronian altmode (and you're especially not a sucker for getting Redwing or the Rainmakers if you got them), Skyfire (if you got him) isn't getting shoved into other parts of WFC, SIEGE didn't have Coneheads or Bumblebee, SIEGE Megatron is better than ER IMO, SIEGE Ratchet and Ironhide give decent Cybertronian van modes that can pass as sorta-Earthly if you squint (plus they're more cartoon-accurate in robot mode because of the rectangular windshields) and for my money the earth mode by itself is not enough in their case... SIEGE Prowl and Optimus, there's less of a difference.. but they're as good as we could get for Cybertronian modes with the cartoon-accuracy stipulation, and I think SIEGE Optimus' axe is more interesting than Trailerless ER Optimus' Battlemaster redecoes (and if you want an Energon axe, the weapons pack that comes with the Centurion has a more cartoon accurate one). Yes, there's some stuff getting redone, but there's also plenty of SIEGE stuff that stands and a lot of new stuff in ER.

Soundwave... Call me crazy, but I kinda prefer SIEGE to the retool version. The mold is somewhat "meh" to me in either form because it can only hold the Micromaster "cassettes" and those are undersize and IMO kinda junky (even with their greater articulation), so I can't treat them as powerup bodies like I can the TR Spy Tablet versions. I'm one of the few who likes the SIEGE version's "flying barge" altmode, and so that's kinda the one saving grace of the mold for me (although frankly if I never get either version of him, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it).
If this new tape deck Soundwave had been a new, slightly bigger mold instead of a retool, I'd be all over it, but as it is... eh. :BANG_HEAD: And since he means we probably won't see another Voyager tape deck Soundwave for a while... I think I'll just source some parts and kitbash my G1 Soundwave (who scales nicely with Generations figs and can use proper-size cassettes) to have modern-standard articulation. Sigh.
I totally understand if you nevertheless regret buying SIEGE Soundwave after this, though. Hopefully you only paid store price for him and not eBay scalper price.

Will, I ask again: Why is Prowl being compared to the SIEGE version? The comparison is about retools, and I seem to recall it being determined that the ER Datsun mold shared no parts with SIEGE. Shouldn't Prowl be being compared to ER Smokescreen, the figure he's actually a retool of?
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072704)
Posted by Tuned Agent on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You and me both.

... I just realized that every one of my Siege toys except for Spinister has already gotten remade. I'll be right there with you guys if the new Ratchet gets a Marvel-accurate helmet deco.

Nemesis Primal wrote:

So basically, who knows what his deco will be.

-Siege Hound's windshield being green
-Siege Spinister's guns changing color in alt mode
-ER Starscream growing a second pair of null rays from somewhere in alt mode

Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072705)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:22pm CDT
Tuned Agent wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

You and me both.

So, you didn't get Hound, Springer, Apeface, Sideswipe, Impactor, Mirage, Chromia, the Rainmakers, Skyfire, Omega Supreme, or any of the Weaponizers or Battlemasters?

Tuned Agent wrote:It makes me wonder why they even bother with the CG renders. They must cost something to make, and they almost always look worse than official product images.
They probably cost less than running off physical copies, and they're probably made using the same CAD assets used in the manufacturing process
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072706)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:24pm CDT

I'd agree if my goal was to only have a "mini MP" of ONE of each specific characters. But I kinda love having both the cybertronian and Earth modes of the same character side by side.

Especially for the seekers. So much so that for the first time in over 10 years of collecting, I will have the Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker trio... and TWICE on top of that. Siege AND Earthrise. I just have to wait for my ER 2-pack to arrive.
:x
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072707)
Posted by william-james88 on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:30pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Will, I ask again: Why is Prowl being compared to the SIEGE version?

I dont know, why not ask the people who did this?

https://www.facebook.com/19759046038048 ... 811077239/
Re: Comparison Images Between The Various Retooled Toys Revealed Friday (2072708)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 18th, 2020 @ 8:33pm CDT
SIEGE figures remade in ER/the Netflix line
* Starscream (only half-counts IMO, because of how blatantly different the Cybertronian mode is)
* Skywarp (ditto)
* Thundercracker (ditto)
* Semi truck Optimus (mind you, his remake was at a higher price point because of the trailer; and the trailerless Netflix version is still pricier because of the Battlemasters)
* Ratchet(?)
* Ironhide
* Megatron
* Prowl
* Smokescreen (although his SIEGE version was hard to get anyway)
* Bluestreak(?)

* Acid Storm
* Ion Storm
* Nova Storm
* Chromia
* Firedrive
* Blowpipe
* Aimless (more's the pity)
* "Caliburst" (same)
* Pteraxadon
* Smashdown (shared figure)
* Rung (shared figure)
* Lionizer
* Skyfire
* Omega Supreme
* Shockwave
* Ultra Magnus
* Astrotrain (shared figure)
* Galaxy Upgrade Optimus

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Voyager G2 Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / Movie the Best Laser beak MBEX" on EBAY
Buy "36246 MISB Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron IN STOCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Swoop Dinobot Beak unbroken rare 1985 Parts yellowed lot vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Lot: Starscream, Blackwing, Dreadwind Combiners" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers METROPLEX  Takara Hasbro Generations TG-23 *New* from Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Generations War for Cybertron Cybertronian SOUNDWAVE WFC" on EBAY