Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime &  Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime

Monday, June 21st, 2010 1:11am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 53,965

The Arker has posted a gallery to compare the differences between the upcoming Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Optimus Prime & the first Voyager Class Movie Optimus Prime.
The Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Optimus Prime is more screen accurate but it is slightly smaller than the first mold.

You can view the remaining images here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): The-Arker

Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088534)
Posted by LiKwid on June 21st, 2010 @ 2:04am CDT
Oh wow the HFTD version FTW..Like a mini leader prime..I actually wouldn'y mind the subsequent 20 repaints of that mold, it actually retains the awesomeness of it's leader counterpart..
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088535)
Posted by Warbreaker on June 21st, 2010 @ 2:13am CDT
Smaller than the first voyager mold?

I've never had any interest in this mold, and that little caveat means I'm definitely not getting this. I'll just stick to preordering the Takara 'Unite for the World' version.

IMO, barring the price, Buster Prime is the best-looking version of movie Prime.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088542)
Posted by Mykltron on June 21st, 2010 @ 3:53am CDT
Warbreaker wrote:Smaller than the first voyager mold?

I'm actually a bit disappointed because he's taller than I thought. I want a Prime that's in scale with voyager Megatron. The original towers above him.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088562)
Posted by Stockade on June 21st, 2010 @ 6:07am CDT
Not too bad, and at least this mold dont have that damn backpack attached to him...
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088563)
Posted by Pascal on June 21st, 2010 @ 6:11am CDT
I posted a review and several pics with Movie 1 Voyager Prime last week on Cybertron.ca. I posted the link the original thread here for Battle Blades Prime but I guess no one noticed.

Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088570)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 21st, 2010 @ 6:43am CDT
The new one is definitely more screen-accurate, and the reduction of the kibble on his back is a big improvement.

On the other hand, I actually like the original better. I like my OPs to have big chunky legs; I don't like the slim legs of the movie design.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088580)
Posted by Requiem Prime on June 21st, 2010 @ 7:12am CDT
More compact from using the format better,
more accurate appearance,
more possible,
better contained kibble.

So it's just like the movie-to-ROTF changes in leader Prime and Voyager Starscream.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088588)
Posted by SwindleBot462 on June 21st, 2010 @ 7:43am CDT
The paint apps are kinda sloppy on BB Prime. The headlights are the same color as the grill. Not a big complaint, I'm still gonna pick him up.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088592)
Posted by aps1977 on June 21st, 2010 @ 8:25am CDT
The new mold addresses my #1 pet peeve which is "fake transformations" a.k.a. having secondary alt mode bits on the robot, in this case, the fake windshield on the original mold's chest.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088605)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 21st, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Pretty decent design, but the colors look really cheap. That's especially apparent, seeing them side by side.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088607)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 21st, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
Mykltron wrote:
Warbreaker wrote:Smaller than the first voyager mold?

Mee too. Oh well, Ill just mis transform Megatron to make him look taller.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088612)
Posted by JBPrime on June 21st, 2010 @ 9:58am CDT
Don't mind that he's smaller, and glad the giant backpack is gone too, I'll buy it.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088620)
Posted by Pascal on June 21st, 2010 @ 10:36am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Pretty decent design, but the colors look really cheap.

The Voyager is missing a few flames and some paint apps in robot mode. But the colors themselves don't look cheap in person, I can assure you. Looks a lot like the original ROTF Leader Prime.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088637)
Posted by Warbreaker on June 21st, 2010 @ 12:09pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:
Warbreaker wrote:Smaller than the first voyager mold?

They make him any smaller, and you might as well be paying for the air in the box as well :P

Anyways, if you ask me, an in-scale Prime to voyager Megs would be a rather large deluxe. Ah well, maybe for TF3?
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088686)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 21st, 2010 @ 2:26pm CDT
I like the fact that there is no backpack now, I like the matrix...but i have to agree, the light gray plastic and the off color red just make this figure look cheap.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088695)
Posted by astig on June 21st, 2010 @ 2:38pm CDT
i like that the new prime is smaller. aside from being more movie accurate, this actually makes him in scale with the deluxe autobots and voyager decepticons blackout, SS and megs
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088719)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 21st, 2010 @ 3:28pm CDT

Hey wait, wasn't the Matrix IN the Solar Harvester? Doesn't that mean Prime blew it up?
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088804)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 21st, 2010 @ 8:13pm CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:The new version looks infinitely better in my opinion, though the only reason I want him is for that Matrix...

Yeah, I believe you're right. But it doesn't really matter. The movie-verse matrix served a completely purpose than the one in G1. The fact that it fits in this voyager primes chest wasn't even portrayed in the movie.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088910)
Posted by Mykltron on June 22nd, 2010 @ 3:48am CDT
Warbreaker wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Warbreaker wrote:Smaller than the first voyager mold?

For the first film, yes but Megatron is shorter in ROTF.
Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime (1088959)
Posted by PROWLERZ on June 22nd, 2010 @ 8:08am CDT
i think i would rather wait 4 TF3 2 come out...and wait 4 TF3 movie toys...better 2 wait dan 2 pick dese up...8)
:CON:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY