Wednesday, June 7th, 2017 2:07pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 16,877

Seibertronian Sabrblade pointed us in the direction of some comparison photos of Takara's Legends Ginrai and Hasbro's new Magnus Prime figure, coming in the soon-to-be-released Siege of Cybertron box set! The photos, from Twitter user autobase_aichi show the two Prime figures in their robot and truck modes, but they also compare their headmasters and weapons! Take a look at the (subtle) differences! (Hint, Hasbro's has the darker front windows.)

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Titans Return Product Reveals, News, Updates, Rumors, Leaks and more!

Go check out Autobase_aichi's page for more comarisons, and come back and discuss the differences in our discussion forms!

Credit(s): Autobase_aichi

Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887695)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:11pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:I noticed the guns were bigger with Magnus Prime also.

I don't think they're actually any bigger. It's an optical illusion due to the angle of the camera in that comparison picture. There are some ambiguous depth cues going on too like the star pattern on the table top and the slightly non-parallel arrangement of the two guns.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887696)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:14pm CDT
There really isn't too much of a difference is there?

I'm surprised that the red and the blue seem to be the exact same.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887700)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:18pm CDT
Deadput wrote:I'm surprised that the red and the blue seem to be the exact same.
Just means that Hasbro didn't endeavor to change them.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887705)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Just means that Hasbro didn't endeavor to change them.

Why change something that looks good and is already done for them?

Plus there are several little changes that some might like more or less but at the very least it will still probably fit with Godbomber color wise.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887713)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 7th, 2017 @ 2:42pm CDT
Both look more like a real PMP than Hasbro's previous abomination, so I'm okay with that.

But the headmaster for Takara (if I'm interpreting things right) looks spot on for HI-Q, whereas the other one not, so that's a (minor) issue.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887717)
Posted by william-james88 on June 7th, 2017 @ 3:17pm CDT
MagicDeath wrote:A bit upset I missed this one, even if I was just going to sell the individuals and keep what I could. It most likely will be up again, right?

Not sure and probably not. Someone asked BBTS and they said they wouldnt have more and the reason they sold out quickly was because people were buying multiple sets. There werent any limits. they changed that for Black Convoy who had a limit of 1 per person. Keep an eye out for canceled preorders. You never know what can happen. people have bills to pay and usually keep the preorder as a placeholder and cancel right before it gets released in case they cant pay.

Wolfman Jake wrote:Sigh. So much for the silver painted gray plastic we saw on Magnus Prime at Toy Fair earlier this year. That looked gorgeous! This is great, but still a bit disappointing. I shouldn't have dared to hope.

We should only dare to be stupid :-D
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887729)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 7th, 2017 @ 3:53pm CDT
ExciKaiser wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Image

Do you think that GPS will apply ?

I don't see any of the swirls that seem to be present in problematic plastic mixes in that carmel looking "gold"

I like the head scuplt, though, I didn't really care about this part of the set but he looks nice.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887741)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:19pm CDT
I like the Hasbro Magnus Prime there better than Ginrai's robot but Hi-Q looks much worse. I was hoping he'd be in his tradtional colours like Ginrai is.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887746)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:26pm CDT
Come to think of it I'm really starting to like this whole boxset - that thumbnail image with them all standing together as some bizarre ragtag team really helps me enjoy the whole thing and come up with so many headcanons.

Tidal Wave is far too small and looks nothing like the original... but those only end up being a boon to each other when I headcanon this as an alternate body for him. And that carrier mode is to DIE for.
Metalhawk looks amazing and uses an amazing mold. He only looks better with these images =P~
Pounce is adorable. I love him.
I still have huge issues with how Ginrai looks (I really, REALLY cannot get over those feet), but I'm sure there's easily some cool poses you can get him into and the vehicle mode is incredible.
Thunderwing...
... okay, I don't care for Thunderwing; but when the only thing in the boxset I don't particularly want is the friggin' Titan Master, I think I'm okay.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887749)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:33pm CDT
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887755)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 7th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
Albatross250 wrote:Tidal Wave's Carrier mode is based from this, on Beast Wars : Uprising

I'm sorry, but that is not the Broadside mold, rather it's the Alpha Trion one. The tell-tale sign is the set of legs on the underside, where the wings would be on Broadside. At the time, it was all rumor, and we didn't know how much retooling there would be.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887762)
Posted by Deadput on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:10pm CDT
G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 wrote:I'm not worried about this "Magnus prime" cab because i will be replacing my Ginari cab with this add-on from perfect PC-16 YES!

Whoa where did these come from and are they expensive at all?
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887763)
Posted by Kurona on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:15pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Whoa where did these come from and are they expensive at all?

perfect-effect-cw-tr-upgrade-kits-catch-all-thread-t106315s150.php
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887770)
Posted by nycPrime on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:48pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Agreed. I have seen a few items, including this set, pop in and out of stock up until BBTS receives its shipment. Heck, I'm even thinking about canceling. I don't have much patience. If that Takara boxset with Ginrai and GB isn't too expensive, I may jump on that instead. I shall see.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887772)
Posted by Qwan on June 7th, 2017 @ 5:52pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I agree that it looks more like A3's legs as the front there than it does Broadside's fins (though if I'm honest, it mostly looks like artistic-license missile pods more than anything), but the little bridge-component, wing-shaped parts on the sides with what appear to be Broadside's arms under them, take-off/landing strip down the middle in the exact same way as Broadside, and most notably lack of huge space-boat cockpit are much more Broadside than they are Trion. At best it's an amalgam of the two figures, or they just happened to somehow guess exactly what a lot of TR Broadside's defining features would be; most likely though, I'd posit that they were already working from the Broadside mold (whether we as consumers knew about the figure yet or not).
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887777)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:09pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

I wonder if :TAKARATOMY: or :HASBRO: will ever make a special two-pack containing Ginrai and God Bomber? This would be a great excuse to make a Platinum set or something.

I don't keep up with Takara news too well, but I seem to remember some rumor floating around that there'd be some kind of Ginrai/God Bomber 2-pack (coming with Minerva and Hosehead heads to boot, I think) - of course that's a rumor at most, last I heard.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-for-takara-tomy-transformers-legends-lgex-god-ginrai-set-plus-cab-minerva/38316/ definitely not a rumour.

Of course, it just HAD to be a omega-expensive ultra-exclusive set.

Pass...
...
....for now....
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887779)
Posted by nycPrime on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:18pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Qwan wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:A set with Ginrai, but no God Bomber.

Siiiiiigh............

Of course, it just HAD to be a omega-expensive ultra-exclusive set.

Pass...
...
....for now....

Any chance if the other Japanese stores (anime-export) will carry it?
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887780)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887782)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:29pm CDT
Ultra Mad wrote:I hadn't read the part about this set being available to japanese residents only...I already have both Ginrai and Godbomber but I was considering selling them to get this set, so I could finaly have a Minerva. I hope Hasbro does their own Minerva...One can only hope..

The only toy of Minerva that exist is the G1 Original. Japanese exclusive. Ultra rare. Insanely expensive. And ugly as a vile duckling.

She's my grail for my fembot collection.

She be really worth it to be made as a deluxe in the TR line.
Re: Comparisons of Transformers Titans Return Magnus Prime and Takara Legends Ginrai (1887785)
Posted by Ultra Mad on June 7th, 2017 @ 6:41pm CDT
I have the Aladdin KO version from a few years ago with the Reprolabels sticker set. She is OK but I would really love a modern version of the character to go standing beside my God Ginrai on my shelf :D

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "transformers generations scoop, armada megatron, skybyte, tankor and more" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS ARMADA MEGATRON LEADER CLASS (Used)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Deluxe Lot - Roadbuster, Thundercracker, 2 diffrent Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Toys Qt-15 Hound Suzuki Hustler Q Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus Figure Collector Doll Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY