Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer

Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer

Monday, August 24th, 2009 7:05am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 16,495

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Youtube user Vangelus has posted an excellent video review of the recently released Fansproject G3 Trailer set. It includes a lot of interesting details about the set (including some never made clear before in photos) and tips for applying the included stickers, and is very well-edited and entertaining.



Stay tuned at Seibertron for all your latest Transformers news.

Credit(s): Vangelus, Youtube


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980756)
Posted by Mach on August 24th, 2009 @ 7:12am CDT
I am starting to regret didn't pre-order this.... #-o
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980770)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:04am CDT
Real Devastator wrote:I am starting to regret didn't pre-order this.... #-o



my only advice is to order it now, because of how well this thing is made, and the gimmicks attached.. the quality is outstanding.. and it will most certainly double if not quadruple in price as time goes by..even if it is a 3rd party product..
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980783)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:30am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:
Real Devastator wrote:I am starting to regret didn't pre-order this.... #-o



my only advice is to order it now, because of how well this thing is made, and the gimmicks attached.. the quality is outstanding.. and it will most certainly double if not quadruple in price as time goes by..even if it is a 3rd party product..


I think it might be hard to get in the future, but I don't see a large scale jump in price for it.

Plain and simple? It's not a character (which automatically makes it non-essential) and it was made in numbers which are reletively equal to the number of people who wanted one (via the pre-order system, which is quite effective for limited runs).
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980786)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:33am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:
Real Devastator wrote:I am starting to regret didn't pre-order this.... #-o



my only advice is to order it now, because of how well this thing is made, and the gimmicks attached.. the quality is outstanding.. and it will most certainly double if not quadruple in price as time goes by..even if it is a 3rd party product..


I think it might be hard to get in the future, but I don't see a large scale jump in price for it.

Plain and simple? It's not a character (which automatically makes it non-essential) and it was made in numbers which are reletively equal to the number of people who wanted one (via the pre-order system, which is quite effective for limited runs).


wouldn't a limited run make the price climb even higher, I mean look at the city commander trailer or the powered commander version... they climbed pretty high there before the rerelease..not discounting your analysis..

I didn't preorder mine, I just bought from a source in singapore..cheaper that way and I trust him..
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980788)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:34am CDT
Funny, my sentiments exactly. I hate them guys at FP so much 8-} Such a high quality product (no I'm not with their PR department) but the trailer is one kick in the groin Masterpiece that I'd compare it and it's functionality to THS-02 trailer. It's that good so fence sitters, get one now before it's too late.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980793)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:49am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:wouldn't a limited run make the price climb even higher, I mean look at the city commander trailer or the powered commander version... they climbed pretty high there before the rerelease..not discounting your analysis..


Limited run items only have drastic price increases if the collectors (and I mean the hardcore collectors) were unaware of either the release of the thing or were skeptical of the quality.

Otherwise, the limted run items are released at a high market price that pretty much maintains.

Examples:

Gentai Wildrider, cost $80-100 on release. People were very dismissive of it because of similarities to BotCon SG Rodimus. Current Value? $150-200.

on the other side:

Getai Seekers, cost $80-125 for Thundercracker and Skywarp, current value is the same. People knew, collectors got what they wanted, no demand created by late comers.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980799)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:55am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:wouldn't a limited run make the price climb even higher, I mean look at the city commander trailer or the powered commander version... they climbed pretty high there before the rerelease..not discounting your analysis..


Limited run items only have drastic price increases if the collectors (and I mean the hardcore collectors) were unaware of either the release of the thing or were skeptical of the quality.

Otherwise, the limted run items are released at a high market price that pretty much maintains.

Examples:

Gentai Wildrider, cost $80-100 on release. People were very dismissive of it because of similarities to BotCon SG Rodimus. Current Value? $150-200.

on the other side:

Getai Seekers, cost $80-125 for Thundercracker and Skywarp, current value is the same. People knew, collectors got what they wanted, no demand created by late comers.



that makes sense CP.. thanks! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980804)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 24th, 2009 @ 8:59am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:that makes sense CP.. thanks! :APPLAUSE:


Word.

Thing is, in general, prices for Transformers have cooled a lot lately. Some will blame the economy, but I think the nostalgia wave has kind of crested. Personally, I think the economy in its current state is just shaking prices down to where they should be.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980836)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:54am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
skywarp-2 wrote:that makes sense CP.. thanks! :APPLAUSE:


Word.

Thing is, in general, prices for Transformers have cooled a lot lately. Some will blame the economy, but I think the nostalgia wave has kind of crested. Personally, I think the economy in its current state is just shaking prices down to where they should be.


Which is good for us!

I'm not looking to make money on my collection, but I am looking to expand it. So less demand is makes me happy!
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980842)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 24th, 2009 @ 9:58am CDT
I'm beginning to regret my decision not to buy this trailer too. It's got really cool features and looks great. But I stand by my feelings that it does look a bit too big for the cab.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980952)
Posted by Editor on August 24th, 2009 @ 12:06pm CDT
My only regret regarding the trailer is that I received the notice it had arrived and been added to my BBTS POL, less than 24 hours after requesting the POL contents to be shipped (Superior add-on pack, and 25% off Joes) and only a few hours after getting the confirmation that they shipped.

It will have to wait until the Magnus add-ons or Disney Donald pre-orders come in. Damn customs fees.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980962)
Posted by Oilspill on August 24th, 2009 @ 12:19pm CDT
I just got this and I gotta say it is pretty damn nice. The size thing doesn't bother me at all, it seems a good match compared to G1 Optimus.

Also, I love the way they've updated Roller and the repair drone, definitely makes it feel like it belongs in the classics line.

Great quality toy. So looking forward to Protector (and any of their other projects if they do come to fruition).
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (980964)
Posted by AbraxasGrey on August 24th, 2009 @ 12:21pm CDT
This thing is amazing. :grin:
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981042)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 24th, 2009 @ 2:43pm CDT
I'm looking forward to this. I really can't see any real flaws with it and windveins often aren't as tall as the trailer they are towing in real life plus, um I don't like the windvein on Optimus Prime anyway. The vein cannon will be Roller's "big stick," adding to the general awesomeness of the little blue gokart! My only issue with it is a personal apathy toward Prime's trailers in general. I never really saw it as necessary as a play feature. Too many trailers suck. On the other hand, if they do a Shadow trailer you can hook it to Optimus for Classics Generation 2 Optimus Prime!
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981055)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 3:07pm CDT
What can I say that hasn't already been said by others who have the G3 Trailer? It's a great example of how thoughtful design results in a product that can satisfy collectors on many levels.

From the concept of a "stealth" mirror mode to rationalize the trailer's absence when OP transforms to the homage of the G1 trailer's maintenance mode to the modified hitch component to connect to the Commander trailer...this is the kind of thought that should be the norm in official Transformers toy development!
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981067)
Posted by Mykltron on August 24th, 2009 @ 3:22pm CDT
Wow, it looks like they've really gone all out on this. It looks fantastic but I know it wouldn't keep me occupied for long so there's no point in me buying it.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981074)
Posted by dragons on August 24th, 2009 @ 3:47pm CDT
i agree fansprojects make some specataclur stuuf but after the dia set rerelease fnasprojects makes me littel uneasy ever since that situation it may or not have been fansprojects fault or decision to rerelease that add on set but how do we knwo that fp will not do it again in the future with another of there sets.

for nemesis preim ill get the besttoys version of the trailer
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981088)
Posted by Editor on August 24th, 2009 @ 4:02pm CDT
dragons wrote:i agree fansprojects make some specataclur stuuf but after the dia set rerelease fnasprojects makes me littel uneasy ever since that situation it may or not have been fansprojects fault or decision to rerelease that add on set but how do we knwo that fp will not do it again in the future with another of there sets.

for nemesis preim ill get the besttoys version of the trailer


Yes, it is sad that due to the misscommunication that accompanied the Powered Armor, that many people felt that they were ripped-off and or lied to.

I think Fansproject did a decent job explaining things from their point of view and seeing that they are a younger entity as far as companies go, I believe that people should put it behind them and move on. They made a mistake, regardless of if the mistake was giving out faulty info, or directly misleading people. They acknowledge it, let's move forward.

Yes, If you bought extras or decided to sell yours, the reissue for Asian fans might cut into your personal profit, but it that is your motivation, than you are more part of a problem than a solution. They make products for Fans to enjoy, not for fans to be elitist, or to make money off of their work. Not everyone can afford or is interested jn their products, so your collection is no less special if there are a few more out there.

Save your ire for the people selling the knock offs, and just bask in the beauty they gave us when HasTak choose not to.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981113)
Posted by Convotron on August 24th, 2009 @ 4:40pm CDT
Yeah, I think that the ones who have the most to take issue with FP over the re-issue are scalpers. When considering true mass produced items like official Transformers toys, the total number of produced City Commanders pales in comparison even with the re-issue. With that in mind, those who own any or all of the Commander sets are still in the unique population of Transformers enthusiasts.
Re: Comprehensive video review of Fansproject G3 Trailer (981175)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 24th, 2009 @ 6:03pm CDT
Mine's coming tomorrow. This review just pumped me up that much more about this. Even dug out my Repo Autobot labels for the sides. Whether you love them and their products or not, there's no denying that FP has raised the bar on third party products and at least pays homage to classic Transformers without completely ripping them off.

On a side note, Vangelus did a spectacular job with this review.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Mastermind-Creations  R-0IC Terminus Hexatron Continuum Reformatted" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron VORTEX  Bruticus Combaticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron SWINDLE Deluxe Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Bumblebee Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "TG12 Transformers Generations - Air Raid Free Shipping with Tracking# New Japan" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LOOSE HEAVY LOAD AUTOBOT TRUCK RID BUILD TYPHOON KING C020" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF TRANSFORMERS FIGURE JRX RAILRACERS SPIKE RAIL RID TAKARA HEAVY LOAD LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie Titan Changers: Optimus Prime Bumblebee Shatter Lot" on EBAY