Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Wednesday, May 13th, 2015 9:33pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,112

On his Tumblr page, More Than Meets the Eye artist Alex Milne posted images of the upcoming five female characters that will be featured in the comics:

• Firestar
• Javelin
• Proxima
• Roadmaster
• Velocity

Transformers News: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne

Mr. Milne also provided a writeup containing even more details and tidbits about the fembots, which you can read below:

So here are some of the characters I’ve been working on lately which have shown up on the cover to MTMTE 41 :) Yes, They are all female transformers and out of these designs 3 of them I also choose the names for.

It was fun to help create these characters. I know I’ve wanted more female characters in transformers for a while now. I’ve always placed one or more in the background of various TF projects I’ve worked on. Now we have the opportunity to have more of them and I’m very happy about that.

When the story came up for having new female characters I knew that I would like to have some of the characters that haven’t been used yet. I know I really wanted Firestar and James was able to get her for MTMTE. Then we were talking and he asked me to come up with a crew of new characters, both male and female and I was pretty excited about that. He didn’t have any names in mind at the time, so I wrote down a bunch of names and looked up on the wiki and tfu.info if they had been used. A lot of them hadn’t to my surprise so I showed them to James and he liked them. I then came up with a head sketch of them, and mentioned which ones were female and which ones were male, and he liked them. then I set out to design them.

These are the design I came up with. I wanted there to be a lot of different looking bots. First I started with Firestar. She is the more traditional look for a female TF, but where her main difference is her height. She is a very tall bot. She towers over most of the others. Not as tall as Megatron or Ultra Magnus, but she’s taller then Rodimus and most of the other Lost Light crew. I also had the idea to give her fire hair since in alt mode her head is the where the exhaust of the car. It also help add a little more emotion to the character since I can have the fire doing different things when she’s feeling different emotions. I thought it was different and something interesting to play with. With her torso design I decided to give her the same style of split canopy that Nautica has since it solved a design issue I was having at the time. Also I like the idea of some of the characters sharing similar design features :)
Next is Javelin. She was fin to draw since I wanted something very different looking. I enjoy the look of the head where is a single eye. i thought can we have a character with a single eye and not be a victim of empurata? why not?.
Next we have Proxima. When I described her to James I said she would be the equal of better of Perceptor. She would be a extreme multitasker. With her e4 head design she has main visor style eye, but 3 other eyes where 2 can move around her head.
Roadmaster was fun to design. I wanted a big characters that looked like she would bend and break you if you looked at her the wrong way. She is the biggest of the characters I’ve designed so far, matching Ultra Magnus in height (well to his head, not shoulders) When I was working on this character I thought an interesting variant would be to make a strika out of her, but then I would want strika to be a bit bigger then her. But the idea is in the back of my mind so maybe I’ll work something out of it?|
Last character who isn’t on the cover, but I saw that she was partially shown on a post on the credit’s page is Velocity. Another fun design where I got to play around with features that I don’t normally see with many TF’s :)

Thats it for now

Enjoy :)

Credit(s): Alex Milne's tumblr

Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685255)
Posted by Moosey on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:44pm CDT
Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?
Either way, they all have awesome designs and would love to see figures of them sometime.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685256)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:45pm CDT
So, my thoughts:
Firestar: still like the "hair" and there is a reason for it, both in vehicle mode and emotionally. Also like that she is really tall. Have Rodimus look up to her :lol:
Javelin: That is a wonky character, but I kinda like the look. the one eye look actually looks like a mask that covers her actual face except the mouth.
Proxima: Perceptor may have found his conjunx endura or a challenge that will drive him bonkers.
Roadmaster: Now that is a beast of a lady bot, and I love that look. I think she may be my favorite. Like the fact that she is Ultra Magnus sized. I could see her and Roadbuster having a thing :lol:
Velocity: This is the Lady version of Blurr right there. I will be disappointed if Velocitron is not brought up. Love the helmet too. She's my second fav behind Roadmaster
Overall: Great job Mr. Milne. I approve. Many different new characters, and I have yet to find one I do not like in the slightest :BOT:
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685259)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:47pm CDT
Moosey wrote:Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?

They don't really have the look of any of the molds save one, and I feel that Milne made these characters outside of combiner wars. That primarily left to Windblade and the Transformers.
Now mind you, I would not complain in the slightest if these were the new team and Nautica was meant to be the sixth, but I really doubt that :BOT:
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685260)
Posted by Inaction on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:48pm CDT
Oooh, me likey, especially Firestar, Proxima, and Roadmaster. If I could just have Roadmaster made as a figure, I'd be SOOOOOOOO happy.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685265)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:51pm CDT
I wonder what the combined form will be called?
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685266)
Posted by Moosey on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Moosey wrote:Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?

Which did you see the likeness with? I kinda could see Firestar as a Silverbolt or Cyclonus remold.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685277)
Posted by megatronus on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:04pm CDT
Really loving that Firestar design!
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685280)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:05pm CDT
Moosey wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Moosey wrote:Could this be related to the Fan-Built combiner? :-? :-?

I can see Firestar being an aerialbot mold, like the Firefly mold, but that's about it :BOT:
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685282)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:05pm CDT

And we get a female TF who looks to be possibly based on a design from Godannar, but it's one of the male bots? (Well, in combined form, its core is female)

Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685286)
Posted by megatronus on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:08pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:On Firestar: They can use that name again? No more proxy Flare-Ups? Disney's cool with it?

I dunno... the only similarity I can discern at first glance is the fire hair.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685292)
Posted by TGS1985 on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:10pm CDT
Huh, I was thinking of writing my first fan-fic and one of my main characters was going to be named Velocity.

Although, she was kind of the same color... If she ends up with a vehicle mode closely resembling the new Ford Focus ST then I will have to write a email to Alex Milne politely asking him to get out of my head!

Also I'd be curious if Flame Hair turns out to be the Transformers equivalent of 80's big hair which I don't think I'd be entirely against to be perfectly honest :D .
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685296)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:16pm CDT
I am loving these, particularly Javelin and Roadmaster! Would DIE if he brought back Strika :x I don't think these are the combiner fembots... I feel like that's something Hasbro plans on unveiling at SDCC. Which means MOAR fembots!!! Yes :grin:
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685298)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:21pm CDT
These designs have a rather "Frame Arms" quality to them, which I like. I really like Firestar's flame-hair thing, especially the way Milne describes it as having the ability to change according to her emotions.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685300)
Posted by DangerousFat on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685302)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:27pm CDT
Velocity should be Moonracer
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685306)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:34pm CDT
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685307)
Posted by Convoy on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:37pm CDT
How refreshing. Can't wait to see the alt-modes. I like them all already.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685308)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:39pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Why are people speculating on "IF" these are the fan-built combiner team? We know they are! It was reported over a month ago that the fan combiner would consist of 5 female Autobots, hail from The Sea of Rust, and would be rivals with "Galvatronus."
... which could be entirely unrelated to these characters. These guys don't have a cohesive deco like the ones availible to vote for during the polling

DangerousFat wrote:I dunno, clearly looks like 4 deluxes and a voyager. I'm hoping for femme combiner, but not holding my breath for it.
Roadmaster and Firestar would both be voyagers, and Hasbro already confirmed we're getting a female combiner.

On a side note, Alex said Velocity isn't on the cover... so who's that 5th fembot in the middle then?
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685314)
Posted by Deadput on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:52pm CDT
Guys Alex said these guys are not the Victorion combiner members.

Their getting introduced in Combiner hunters in July.

Plus it is also confirmed that MTMTE has nothing to do with Combiner wars.
Re: Concept art and description of five upcoming Female Transformers by Alex Milne (1685315)
Posted by Deadput on May 13th, 2015 @ 10:54pm CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:

Nautica dude I assume you dont read the IDW comics she was already introduced alongside Windblade and Chromia.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse - IRONHIDE - Commander Class -00500" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Jazz #86, Blurr #86, Gnaw #86, Kup #86 4lot!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Kup, Blurr, Jazz, Wreck-Gar #86" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY