Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK

Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK

Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 3:55am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,167

We reported a while back that Argos UK probably had stocked wave 2 deluxes for Transformers: The Last Knight, but had no confirmation on the actuality of it (Argos can be tricky at times) - thanks to new Seibertronian Topspin 1989 we have proof that Click&Collect does indeed work, as can be seen by the Sqweeks figure in the image below! If you're in the UK and looking for some Drift or Sqweeks, happy online hunting.

Transformers News: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK

Credit(s): Argos

Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880635)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 10th, 2017 @ 5:16am CDT
yeah my Sqweeks is coming today or tomorrow. I got the dispatched email yesterday.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880640)
Posted by Microraptor on May 10th, 2017 @ 6:57am CDT
I want a Fixit repaint of Squeeks SO BAD.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880648)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 10th, 2017 @ 7:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:I think I'm waiting for the new Bumblebee and the D/V/L Megatrons. I may pass on finding an AoE Drift for new Drift, but I really feel like I should just wait EVERYTHING out in hopes of any/all figures in a "premium" redeco. They've done it for the majority of the figures from each past movie..am I wrong thinking this will be the same?!
Just for the first movie, really. The next two didn't really have Premium releases from Hasbro's side, while Age of Extinction had the Platinum Editions.
I guess I should've clarified. I feel like within a year, every single popular version has had a redeco. Not necessarily the "Premium" (like Movie 2007) or "Platinum Edition" (like AoE). There are store exclusives I'm thinking of as well, like Kmart Nebular Starscream from Revenge of the Fallen, and the Walmart Lunarfire Optimus Prime from Dark of the Moon. I just feel like I always say "Aww mannnnn!! I shoulda waited!!"

So maybe that's what I need to do.

BUT!!

There's always a chance they DON'T do a redeco, and then I may have missed out on the figure altogether!! At a decent pricepoint that is..

STRUGGLE!!!! Am I the only one who feels this way?! I can't be.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880660)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2017 @ 8:36am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:STRUGGLE!!!! Am I the only one who feels this way?! I can't be.

I fel that way constantly. I dont like feeling retroactively ripped off by jumping the gun on something lesser.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880669)
Posted by galvatron00 on May 10th, 2017 @ 8:56am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
I hoped you would feel that way too!! ;)^

I understand there is more than likely ALWAYS a difference between the Takara and Hasbro. It's the Hasbro to Hasbro stuff that annoys me. The stuff I see when I'm out and about looking for stuff!! I've been reading lots of TFWiki stuff lately to compare what I want out of old molds and stuff. Great resource, so kudos to any and all contributors. TransformerLand has a nice breakdown of what molds were used for other versions when you are checking out a figure.

I look at voyager and leader Megatron from this series, and I'm just wondering if I should wait or not..Obviously deluxe is a recolor of the Generations deluxe Megatron, so it is the "Premium" version of that mold (to me at least). I dunno..I just think of the current Barricade and isn't there already a planned (or is it Takara) redeco of the new voyager Optimus? Odds are, if it is the Takara, we'll probably get it later. As they want all the monies!! :-(
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880679)
Posted by william-james88 on May 10th, 2017 @ 9:30am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
I hoped you would feel that way too!! ;)^

I will sort out a bit of that for you. There isnt always a difference between takara and hasbro. It changes from line to line. In the Cybertron line, most were pretty much the same or differed by just one paint app. The movie lines also usually dont have that much of a difference. Many toys from the first movie in japan were jus the Hasbro toys with a sticker with japanese writing on it. Thats the case again for all the mainline toys in The Last Knight.

Now about different decos, yes Hasbro and Takara can give us different decos for molds. In The Last Knight, Takara does have some special edition battle damaged decos that they will give out promotionally. But its not part of the main line. They also have a redeco of voyager Optimus looking evil but its not part of the main line either.

And for Hasbro, we dont really know what will happen since they havent revealed any of their store exclusive lines yet, which is where we would see redecos of the molds.

Playing the waiting game is smart but there are limits. For instance, anyone waiting for the best version of the Leader Optimus Prime toy from AOE would have waited 8 years and even then its kind of futile since this year we are getting both the best version of that mold AND a brand new take on a leader class Optimus Prime movie toy that looks more screen accurate than it.

Here's what I plan on doing. Walmart in the US and in Canada have a return policy of 3 months. So, we use that to our advantage. You talk of toys eventually being at a better price so wait for some kind of price drop or a price you are comfortable with and pick up barricade and any other wave 1 toy you fancy. I am assuming hasbro made a TON of wave 1 and stores bought a TON of it. We know they will be around till at least end of June since some TRU stores are (mistakenly) coordinating their release with the film's release. Stores always buy too much of movie toys. But they dont really care because the amount of money gained by assuring enough stock compensates for any loss of eventually liquidating stock (which is usually sold at cost so there is almost no loss on their end). My point is we have some time for wave 1 toys. So by June (or earlier if a good deal comes along), if we still cant formulate an opinion on what to get, get the wave 1s you want at walmart.

Keep all the packaging, everything. We now have 3 months to return them. and in those 3 months we will most probably know all the hasbro retail exclusives. Because come end of September, The lsat Knight toys will be done with and everything will be revealed and even most probably in stores. Thats what I plan on doing with barricade and Voyager Optimus prime.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880686)
Posted by PlasticTitan on May 10th, 2017 @ 10:01am CDT

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTdbnznj0eY ... ctitantoys
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTdepe1D56o ... ctitantoys
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880745)
Posted by Va'al on May 10th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
PlasticTitan wrote:I got photo proof of Sqweeks and Drift last week! And uploaded video reviews of both!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTdbnznj0eY ... ctitantoys
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTdepe1D56o ... ctitantoys

That's great stuff! Shoot us an email next time you have something newsworthy like this, and we'll get it onto the front page. :D
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880751)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 10th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
Seibertronian reviewer chuckdawg1999 is at it again, this time bringing us a review of the new wave 2 Armor Knight Megatron! Knight Armor Megatron is one of the simpler class of figures that utilizes a head armor gimmick and a simple transformation from knight to jet modes. You can check out the other reviews HERE to compare them to this new figure. Let us know what you think of this new figure in the comments section below!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:This is a really cool figure and makes me excited for the other versions of Megatron yet to come. Transformation is simple but enjoyable and the end result is a really sweet looking jet. Highly recommended as I feel this is the best Knight Armor figure thus far.

Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880753)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 10th, 2017 @ 2:43pm CDT
I don't know if I'll find the legion, voyager, or armor knight first, but all 3 look awesome and I am really stoked for the Knightatron!
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880828)
Posted by DeathReviews on May 10th, 2017 @ 6:57pm CDT
A lot better than the hopeless mess that was the movie 1 version....
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880930)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2017 @ 10:26am CDT

Here is an image of the alternate headsculpt:

Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880931)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 11th, 2017 @ 10:30am CDT
aw, would have been nice as an extra accessory for the £33 but never mind.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880945)
Posted by MrBlack on May 11th, 2017 @ 11:23am CDT
william-james88 wrote:A youtube video showed images of an alternate headsculpt for voyager Optimus Prime. Instead of a faceplate, this one has a mouth. It is unknown if it will ever be found as a variant in the US but let us kow if ever you find it.

Here is an image of the alternate headsculpt:

I dunno. The one on the right isn't so different as to catch my interest, and the middle one is pretty far afield from what I expect from Optimus Prime, even the movie version.

:p
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880971)
Posted by Terrsolpix on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:11pm CDT
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880974)
Posted by Va'al on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:21pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:

Here is an image of the alternate headsculpt:

:p

I like the glasses accessory it comes with though!
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880976)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:24pm CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:I like to pretend Optimus don't have a sideways hoof for a mouth, so............. my hunt for it continues and I have to check for the mouth variant. Also, is anyone else find literal dozens of TLK voyager grimlocks?

Yes, I am sure most of us are. Grimlock comes evenly packed with optimus and since Optimus is both more popular and a new mold, Grimlock ends up staing on the shelves and the only way t ohave more optimus toys on the shelves 9sine they sell well) is to unpack more Grimlocks and Optimus boxes. So you end up with a ton of Grimlocks.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1880987)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 11th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CDT
Am waiting for them to price-reduce all them Grimlocks and then I'll buy one cos I already have the AoE version but I do like that new silvery deco.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1881005)
Posted by Yweggo on May 11th, 2017 @ 2:34pm CDT

Same here.
Re: Confirmation for Transformers: The Last Knight Wave 2 Deluxes at Argos UK (1881007)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on May 11th, 2017 @ 2:39pm CDT

14 grimlocks at one tru and 6 primes

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY