Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 7:28pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,139

My Little Pony fansite Equestria Daily is reporting another Transformers/My Little Pony convention exclusive crossover cover! This one features Megatron and Nightmare Moon, no word on which convention this will be exclusive to. Check out the image mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Nightmare Moon Teams up with Megatron in Official Comic Cover

Credit(s): Equestria Daily

Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579516)
Posted by Peridot on June 4th, 2014 @ 7:49pm CDT
I'm OK with this. :D
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579522)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:02pm CDT
Time to grab the hate shield...
It looks good, much better than the last one. I'm not a fan of MLP, but I feel like we, as fan bases, are fairly similar, so it's good to see connections like this. If this community accepts MLP, I feel like we'd be stronger in the end. If not, it's not changing, so everyone just has to get used to it.
Also, if anyone's a MLP fan, do they hate that they're getting associated with Transformers as much as this community hates they're associated with them?
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579528)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 4th, 2014 @ 8:33pm CDT
Autobot Megatron wrote:Time to grab the hate shield...

Anyway, "Is brony a legitimate fandom and will they destroy the modern man" is not the topic of this thread. MLP and TF are hobbies and the main purpose of a hobby is to have fun. Biggotry is anti-fun. So, let's talk about the fun things! (Beside, after FOUR YEARS, anyone who still dismiss the Brony fandom need to get over it.)

As for the art itself, I LOVE IT! Way better than that Starscream one. And I love Starscream. Why was he butchered so?. Anyway, I'd love to have that Megs and Moony picture as a huge HD wallpaper. It's awesome. :x

EDIT:

Heeeeeeyyyy...... It's my first NEWS CREDIT ever!

PARTY TIME!
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579560)
Posted by Burn on June 4th, 2014 @ 10:37pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:The same idiots, however, hate any X-overs.

I don't like crossovers (though I don't get my panties in a twist over them) ... does that make me an idiot?
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579582)
Posted by Vicalliose on June 5th, 2014 @ 12:19am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Suprizingly, some bronies HATE that pony get X-over'd with TF. The same idiots, however, hate any X-overs. Much like the TF fandom or any fandom for that mater. Luckily, haters in a fandom (any fandom) ara a minority.[/size]

I'm not as much a fan of both as I used to be, but it's not obnoxious crossovers (or the fandom in general) that drives me away, it's the corporate end of things that's done it. On both ends it's become as such that the only thing worthwhile about either franchise are the comics.
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579584)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2014 @ 12:32am CDT
I wanna see Tirek with Unicron. 8)

Unless they make an ever worse (as in more evil) villain than Tirek down the line, then Tirek would need to go with a different TF villain beneath Unicron but above Megatron/Galvatron. :-?
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579605)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 5th, 2014 @ 3:26am CDT
Burn wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:The same idiots, however, hate any X-overs.

Ahem. You perfectly know that I talk about the drama queens who throw a tantrum every times they see a X-over. Everyone is free to love or not liking anything. However, the ones who make a drama and go to war against things they HATE, things that dont harm anyone in any ways, are bigots and idiots.

Vicalliose wrote: Crossovers are one big joke to me in the MLP fandom. It's almost like rule 34 now: If it exists there's an MLP version of it. I've even found fan-fics of stuff as obscure as J-Decker.

Rule #something: "If it exist, there's a pony of it". It's kinda hillarious in a way. As for the commercial thing, everything is corporated. That's not only a internet rule, it's a rule of life.
By the way, the MLP FIM show, like any Hasbro shows, is meant to sell toys first and foremost. However, the studio who created the show did an amazing job at not only creating a show that is incredibly well done and animated, the obvious toys tie-ins are made either subtly or are seamlessly integrated to the main story. It's a feat few can accomplish and the recent Hasbro shows have pulled it of marvelously (based on the two that I followed, MLP FIM and TF Prime).
Give it a watch, you will find many things in the show that you wont expect. Like that FINAL BATTLE OF EPIC PROPORTION between a Princess that hold the power of all the other (making her super sayan) and a full powered-up demon from Hell:

Finally, for the IDW comics, I should really get into those. I'll just wait and collect the Graphics Novels if it's possible.
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579606)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 5th, 2014 @ 3:31am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I wanna see Tirek with Unicron. 8)

Tirek and The Fallen would be a good match I think. :-B
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579614)
Posted by Peridot on June 5th, 2014 @ 6:15am CDT
Vicalliose wrote:

Say, is your avatar supposed to be a humanized DIscord?
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579620)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 5th, 2014 @ 7:27am CDT
Well, as a huge fan of MLP, I find this to be awesome. :D
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579658)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579680)
Posted by RhA on June 5th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Is this really the first TF/MLPFIM news thread to actually be ignored by the haters? The discussion has been nothing but civil thus far. :shock:

The manliest man thread has been a warzone, because of MLP this week. All the hate you need is present there. Enjoy.
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579689)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 5th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
RhA wrote:

I already have plenty of reasons for avoiding that thread. I frankly don't need another. :lol:
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1579756)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 5th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
RhA wrote:

Link please?

Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580972)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 10th, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
A few days ago, an image surfaced of a Transformers and My Little Pony crossover convention exclusive. At the time details were few and far between. Thanks to @IDW Limited on twitter, they have announced that this lithograph will be exclusive to BotCon 2014. Take another look at the image below.

Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580984)
Posted by No One on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:15pm CDT
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580985)
Posted by BeastProwl on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:31pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Thank you IDW for officially trying in my giant waring robots with this sissy MLP brony crap once again. You make me sick.

Calm your boxxy blue tits.
Every time they release a peace of artwork for fun, a con no less, the lot of get you panties jumbled so tight they invert up your tailpipes.
Its for fun and doesn't signal the beginning or the end of anything. Commence shitstorm in 3...2...
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580986)
Posted by Burn on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:43pm CDT
You know what's awesome about stuff like this?

No one's forced to buy it, and within a matter of months, it will be long forgotten, except for those that actually do like MLP AND TF's.

Move along haters, move along. >:oP
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580988)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:43pm CDT
*sigh*

This topic was doing so well, too.

Then a Geewhiner had to come and ruin it. :roll:
Re: Convention Exclusive Transformers / My Little Pony Comic Cover Revealed: Megatron and Nightmare Moon (1580996)
Posted by Heckfire on June 10th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:*sigh*

This topic was doing so well, too.

Then a Geewhiner had to come and ruin it. :roll:

Hey, just because I prefer Firefly, Dream Castle, and Megan to the Elements of Harmony is no reason to throw slurs.

*ducks bricks* WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP...sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Allspark Tech Autobot Sqweeks Cube Power Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collector's Club 2010 Membership Autobot Dion Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY