Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack

Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack

Friday, October 22nd, 2010 7:18am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 66,144

Hasbro has updated their product page with images and a bio for the Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack. The difference between this Battle Ops Bumblebee and any of the bajillion you can find on the floor of your local Walmart, Target, or Toys R us is that this BB comes with a slick metallic paint job as well as a metallic finish Legends Bumblebee and a Legends Mudflap thrown in there for good measure.

Here's the bio:

Exclusively at Costco

Feel -- and even hear -- the excitement with this awesome electronic BATTLE OPS BUMBLEBEE figure: you can unlock different phrases and sounds in both of his modes! In robot mode, this powerful warrior features a flip down mask accessory to "protect" him and an arm that converts to a cannon accessory to attack his enemies. And those enemies will know they're in for serious combat when they see this figure's limited edition metallic finish, glowing eyes, chest and "weapons"! For "on-the-road" battle action, convert your figure into Camaro concept car mode and activate the fearsome flip out cannon accessories. From revving engine noises to vehicle battle noises and more, this figure's realistic sounds really put you in the "driver's seat" in every fight. And with his robot-to-vehicle BUMBLEBEE and MUDFLAP figures by his side, the action is bigger than ever!

Value pack includes premium BUMBLEBEE and MUDFLAP Legends figures. Includes 2 "AA" batteries.

This confirms the rumors that this will be a Costco Exclusive as well as gives us an approximate retail price of $59.99 plus tax.

Don't have Battle Ops BB yet? Have you been holding off because he just wasn't shiny enough for you? Don't want to spend crazy money on Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee? Well you won't have to wait much longer because Battle Ops BB should be showing up at a Costco near you in the near future!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138619)
Posted by Naked Magnus on October 22nd, 2010 @ 7:58am CDT
Is this basically the same as that metallic painted Hong Kong version?
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138621)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 22nd, 2010 @ 8:01am CDT
Hehe bajillion
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138653)
Posted by Overcracker on October 22nd, 2010 @ 10:05am CDT
So what exactly compelled them to include a legends bumblbee in the pack?

I think its the first time we get a pack with 2 versions of the same character.

The size difference does mean OPs BB can actually play with himself. :grin: :lol: :grin: (sorry couldn't help myself)

Ahh I can see these stacked up for the Christmas season next to the inflatable rafts, and snorkeling packs at Costco.

If I did not now this was going to get horribly overpriced at my local Costco I'd be inclined to buy one.

Last time we got a huge BB pack at my Costco, it was the Ultimate BB and it got a pair of deluxe Universe figures to sweeten the deal and it as about 180 dollars if you factor in the currency exchange rate.
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138691)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 22nd, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
I really do want one of these. Shame it ain't available in UK stores. Is an expensive figure to begin with never mind the shipping costs I'll have to pay on top wherever the heck I'll order it from.
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138693)
Posted by Liamotron on October 22nd, 2010 @ 12:19pm CDT
i work at costco in Victoria Canada and on our computers it says the item will be available around mid november and cost 45.99 which is a freakin bargain!! plus im going to hide one of them so when we sell out the price will drop and ill get it for 15 bucks!!
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138730)
Posted by jack270606 on October 22nd, 2010 @ 1:55pm CDT
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138733)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 22nd, 2010 @ 1:59pm CDT
jack270606 wrote:You can get battle ops Bee in the UK. I've seen him in Toys r us and ASDA in MK £60 each though. Not the metallic one though but i'm going to Costco at the weekend so i'll check. Good figure though I don't like the 'ring pull' on his arm :BOT:

It's the metallic one I want (and the metallic legends bee). I got plenty non-metallic Bee figures of various sizes. Strange how most of the TF figures I actually want don't seem to get released here and if they do they're limited exclusives in some store I'm nowhere near. It's frustrating. Would be less so if I had more money to be paying for shipping.

I'm not fond of that ring pull myself either. Is it removable without ruining any of the electronic features?
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138735)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 22nd, 2010 @ 2:17pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:So what exactly compelled them to include a legends bumblbee in the pack?

I think its the first time we get a pack with 2 versions of the same character.

this is more like the 4th time, when the 07 movie came out there was a bumblebee 2 pack featuring the 2 cameros he was in the movie, a prime 2 pack with classics deluxe prime and a fast action prime, and then there was the legacy of bumblebee 3 pack that had animated, classics and movie bumblebee. so its not like it hasnt happened before but it does seem rather pointless for this set, should put skidz in instead to go with his brother
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1138963)
Posted by Overcracker on October 23rd, 2010 @ 11:10am CDT
Yes yes. But all those had somewhat of a point and where for the most part the same size figures. And technically the only set from those that were the same character is the Evolution of a Hero BB set. But of course that was the point of the set.

This particular set offers a huge BB, and a tiny BB which is the same character (from the same movie) with no real purpose other than to have him in there twice. You get it for the huge BB not the tiny one. And you'd get it whether the Legends cars where there or not.

Lets put it this way, its an odd package to say the least with no real purpose that I can see and a superfluous BB thrown in for good measure.
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141060)
Posted by Seibertron on October 29th, 2010 @ 8:07pm CDT
The Costco exclusive BATTLE OPS BUMBLEBEE Value Pack with Legends Class MUDFLAP and Premium BUMBLEBEE has been sighted at several Costco locations around the Chicagoland area. This exclusive retails for $41.99 plus tax. Please make sure you stop by our Sightings forum to share your sightings with your fellow Seibertronians.

Here are a few pictures of the ones at the Costco in Mt. Prospect, IL from earlier this afternoon.

Transformers.com wrote:Exclusively at Costco

Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141087)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on October 29th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT
I'd really like to see the original version and this one side by side to see which color I like better. The Costco price is great, I'll have to find someone with a membership that would help me out, tho (hint-hint).
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141113)
Posted by Onslaught22 on October 29th, 2010 @ 11:05pm CDT

The ring pull does come off, there's an instruction sheet inside that details how to remove it properly.
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141116)
Posted by Solrac333 on October 29th, 2010 @ 11:20pm CDT
I will actually have to ask my mom to get one for me. She shops there. :grin:
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141117)
Posted by Seibertron on October 29th, 2010 @ 11:26pm CDT
Onslaught22 wrote:

Here's some picture proof for jack270606 from my Seibertron.com gallery of Battle Ops Bumblebee ...

Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141133)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 30th, 2010 @ 12:43am CDT
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141134)
Posted by Seibertron on October 30th, 2010 @ 12:52am CDT
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141135)
Posted by Seibertron on October 30th, 2010 @ 12:56am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Goddamn that's cheap! $41.99 converts to about £26 and the regular non-metallic figure is about £60 here. So this limited edition even with shipping costs is still probably cheaper than our regular one bought from a store. I want. Especially seeing the ring pull is removable. Just wish I knew someone over there who lives near one of these stores I could paypal some money to.

It's $41.99 plus tax so it works out to about $45 where I live near Chicago.
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141136)
Posted by Burn on October 30th, 2010 @ 12:57am CDT
Could you give me an idea of how much postage to Australia would be Ryan?
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141158)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 30th, 2010 @ 3:32am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
It's $41.99 plus tax so it works out to about $45 where I live near Chicago.

I'm not that familiar with US pricing in stores. So the advertised price isn't what you actually pay? Still a few extra dollars is nothing. Each one works out about 60 pence.

Seibertron wrote:I don't mind helping some of you out. There are a lot of Costco stores around me and I'm a member. For the International people who want this, I don't think this will ship via First Class International as it's too large to fit in a box with bubble wrap. Priority Mail would be the way to go but that makes shipping more expensive.

If you really wouldn't mind sending some out that would be muchly appreciated. How much do you think it would cost in dollars total of the toy itself, shipping to UK and a lil extra for your trouble?
Re: Costco Exclusive Battle Ops Bumblebee Value Pack (1141166)
Posted by Seibertron on October 30th, 2010 @ 4:06am CDT
To those of you asking if I can help you, if other opportunities arise where you can buy this, please use those opportunities. Otherwise, I'll touch base with all of you on Monday which will be the earliest that I can help you out.

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
It's $41.99 plus tax so it works out to about $45 where I live near Chicago.

We have to pay sales tax. The amount varies from state to state and can even vary county by county. The type of item (food versus consumer goods, etc) also can affect the amount of sales tax that is charged. Some states charge sales tax on food, some don't. Some charge sales tax on clothing, some don't. You don't have to pay a sales tax in the UK?

I'll get back to you about the shipping some time on Monday via email.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION SNARL, Generations Deluxe Dinobot 2014." on EBAY
Buy "NOS Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Combiner Golden Helmet" on EBAY