Thursday, June 1st, 2017 4:28am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,636

In comics news from IDW Publishing and their site, and trying to alleviate the news of Transformers: Till All Are One reaching its end with issue #12, we have subscription cover art for next month's book, featuring a lot of Starscream, by Priscilla Tramontano and James Raiz (plus colourists please and thank you)! Check them out below.

With Elita One’s influence closing in around Starscream, he’s desperate to make any alliances he can. Turns out, a powerful ally might already be within his grasp. But is he willing to risk his own sanity to reach them?

Transformers News: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz

Credit(s): IDW

Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885779)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 1st, 2017 @ 4:32am CDT

As for the comic itself being cancelled, and the reasons for it? The writer might have her side of it, but in the end, it all comes down to money. If it has been profitable, IDW would have found someone else to write it and they would have continued with the title. Unless Scott herself legally owns the title of "Till All Are One" and they would have to call it something else. Bottom line is, the comic wasn't selling well enough to justify continuation, and that usually has to do with the quality of what's on the page. (I'm not saying in every case, but most cases.) So maybe Scott should look in the mirror before blaming anyone else. Again, I'm not saying this is a certainty, but it's a possibility. Just because some of us on these boards think the story is amazing, the majority of comic readers might not think so, thus skip buying the issues, leading to it being a financial failure.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885791)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:52am CDT
Regarding Metroplex's avatar: I always thought that Scamper acted as his avatar, in the IDW continuity anyway. Maybe he's just a drone?
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885792)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 5:55am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Well, now I'm kinda glad I held off on all 3 of the ongoings. I was going to get the LL TPBs, but now I have my doubts. I never cared for the OP comic, so that's an easy pass. But TAAO really had me curious. It seemed to go in a different direction, giving some characters their long overdue attention. After the initial interest, though, I kinda mellowed on it, and was gonna get the TPBs. But now? Not sure. Depends on how the entire story plays out.

Sure. But also, EVENTS.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885821)
Posted by Big Grim on June 1st, 2017 @ 7:56am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Absolutely gutted. This was a great Transformers story that I wanted to see evolve even further and it's a shame that it appears it won't get the chance.

Agreed. This has overtaken MTMTE/Lost Light for best TF ongoing.

Kurona wrote:So while it's of course very sad to see the cancellation of an excellent ongoing - arguably the best ongoing of the three IDW comics this year - it's fantastic to know that that ending is coming about for legitimate reasons that come from a place of passion and reason rather than mandates and profit. This has been an incredible story to follow for the past almost-year, and I will adore seeing how it all culminates in the end :)

Oh definately! Her post about it was really rather lovely concerning her team, her achievements and that sign off to the fans. I wish her well!
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885878)
Posted by Coptur on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:11am CDT
Just finished #10 now i really hope Onslaught find out about this deception of his thoughts.

Yes Arachnid is clever but this is/has been a close knit unit for millions of years with their combined/merged minds something will have to slip and Swindle and Vortex might be Onslaught's saving grace...can't say Blast-Off will fair well upon ultimate revelation.
Other means of finding out..another mind surgeon (i'm not spelling nmennonononm!?!?)!?!?
A scramble city style type combination!?!?
Soundwave mind scan?!?

Three ongoing titles for transformers was always too many imo

LL for me now is not what i want from a Transformers comics 'Friends in space' isn't my cup of tea, i'm happy for those that do like it though. i'm not here to bash anyone else's tastes just voicing(venting) my view on it.
OP i now find quite boring.
Revolutionaries i actually don't mind tbh i find myself switching/caring more about gijoe/action force than TF.

It's high time we had another TF only event love it or hate it like AHM to really relight a dimming fire.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885885)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:30am CDT
TAAO was the best comic.
OP is dull and the coloring makes it ugly.
LL is horrible.
REVOLUTIONARIES was great but is done.
This upcoming annual seems like a good time to jump off Transformers comics.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885902)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
I feel you guys are really sleeping on the other books. TAAO has been the best this year no contest, but OP's managed to pull off early RiD's political stuff far more successfully while granting us strong characterisation and backstory; while Lost Light hasn't been quite as good as MTMTE but this arc hasn't been awful and there's some good stuff around the corner. Most if not all continuing stories have some period where they're not as good as they could be - especially if it's coming right off the heels of re-branding, a huge crossover event and toy promotions - but that's not an indication of waning quality unless it continues.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885920)
Posted by snavej on June 1st, 2017 @ 11:56am CDT

Windblade might be still alive due to her mind link with the Liege Maximo: her mind could be lodged in his brain.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885970)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
snavej wrote:Onslaught / Blast Off romance?! [Cringe, shudder] Awkward! It seems to go against their natures.

Not if you read the entirety of the TAAO books. It's always there.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885981)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:02pm CDT
BlastSlaught is the new ChromeWind
A Seibertron.com somewhat Spoiler-Free review

Synopsis

As Starscream faces down the encroaching machinations of Elita One, he enlists Blast Off to help him bring Bruticus back!

shot through the spark, and you're to blame...

The story so far

When it comes to the Transformers comics at the present time, Till All Are One is right there with Optimus Prime as the front runners for the comics in terms of quality writing, suspense, action, and art. There is an air of suspense, an air of uncertainty, and an air of political maneuvering as you read the comic. You can feel the situation reaching from the pages to pull your eyes back down to the page and read on.

You give love... a bad name

This is a genuinely awesome comic, and one that attracts a lot of attention in several different arenas. This comic does not hesitate to dive into the politics and the debates. It is not afraid to admit what some characters truly are deep down, and even goes so far as to have them completely embrace it. Bumblebee has come to be the face of the fangirls reading the book, seeing the good, only to have everything just not go as you'd wish. This book tackles big ideas and big issues, and it manages them wonderfully.

With that said, I really want to add that Airachnid is an excellent addition. As soon as I saw the solicitation for this book, I was excited. Airachnid was that Prime character that creeped me out (and probably creeped many of you out too) and to see her returning here as a mnemosurgeon seemed fitting. And Scott handled her inclusion well, giving a good backstory and still making her a great character to have. I could hear Gina Torres voice as this Airachnid spoke. Every. Time.

Now if only I could read this Starscream with Steve Blum's voice.

You promised me heaven
then put me through hell

Speaking of which, this is a great Starscream, and Scott deserves praise for how she has handled this character. He's enjoyable, sometimes unpredictable, and just so... Starscream-y and perfect for the story. This is Starscream in peace time and without a Megatron. This is a great rendition of the character and he deserves all the praise he gets.

To round things off, let's just talk about Blastoff for a second. Or how about a few minutes? Yeah, we'll go with that. If there is one thing other than Starscream that Till All Are One got right, it was the Combaticons. It's amazing how 10 issues, 5 of which didn't even have the Combaticons appear, managed to give them some personality, some meaning, most specifically Blastoff. The guy who before this was mainly known as "the space shuttle on the army guy team" or "that one dude who is a right arm on a combiner that is generally not give much attention" is now a great character in every regard. A character who actually cares, someone who isn't as dark as the rest of his team, someone who was able to stop Bruticus long enough to keep him from doing even more damage. He is a main player in this comic, and it is incredible what they have done with him. His relationship to Onslaught is really good too. And it is not without grounding: look through Till All Are One, going all the way back to issue 1. There are little clues there leading to this exact issue; you just gotta look for them.

Simply put: the characters in the story are true characters, and they truly kill it.

No one can save me
the damage is done

Art

The art team for the ongoing continues to be led by the wondrous work of Sara Pitre-Durocher, and once again the art is perfect. The art done in this issue is very well done, with just enough detail to keep you interested but not so much as to over complicate things and not too little as to appear bland. The linework is spot on, the visuals are very well done, and the expressions, oh the expressions. This is where Durocher is really good: all 4 combaticons that aren't/weren't braindead have faceplates and visors, and yet they are as expressive as those with full faces. It takes talent to make characters with no eyes and no face expressive, and yet artists like Durocher with the combaticons and Milne with Whirl have made it happen again and again.

Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips

Joana Lafuente complements the line work and expressiveness of Durocher's work very well here, not that the colors haven't been really good the whole time. I love the shiny/gloss-like feel and how well the lights are playing with the scenes. Little details like the stained glass really shine through, as does the coloring of the anger one character feels when a dream is violated.

I play my part
And you play your game

Tom B. Long finishes off the pages with some nice text boxes and speech bubbles. While there wasn't any major action sequences for him to show off his battle lettering, the bubbles he did use were nice and went well. They were placed well, and everything appeared as it should. Nothing spectacular, but there wasn't a need for any lettering spectacle; just enough to compliment the major plot points moving through the issue.

Final Thoughts

Oh, oh, you're a loaded gun
Oh, oh, there's nowhere to run

With the sad news that Till All Are One only has 2 issues left, it appears as though the series is setting up to go out on a high note. This issue was very good, and it continues to show that Till All Are One is one of the best ongoings at the moment. This is a high-quality comic, and this issue only furthers that. I love the fact that we have a Cybertron-based storyline that has so many different worlds and types of characters involved, and it all comes to a head with tension and good storytelling at the forefront. Airachnid made a great addition, and the combaticons and Starscream are proving to be some of the best characters IDW is using right now. I cannot stress enough how good this issue is, and how good this series has been.

If you're on the fence about reading Transformers at the moment, give this story a try. Give this ongoing a try. It is all working out splendidly, and I am thoroughly loving the read. While you're at it, give our Till All Are One Database a peak, in case you want to look into some extra details about the comic and the team.

:BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: out of :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON: :BH-PREDACON:
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885982)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:03pm CDT

and if you don't get the captions, you are dead to me...
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885983)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:06pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Y'all better love this and laugh. 4 hours trying to get things right and properly give me feelings on the subject!

and if you don't get the captions, you are dead to me...

We live, we learn, we lie
For the price of love you

That was majestic. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885986)
Posted by snavej on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:12pm CDT
Not my favourite.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885987)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:13pm CDT
snavej wrote:This ongoing is being cancelled at issue #12, I heard.

Yep. We newsed it here, and it's mentioned in the review too.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885989)
Posted by Kurona on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:23pm CDT
In my opinion? Deserved a full 5/5. Perfect issue with no problems.

... then again if I was doing the review I would have actually given it 4 1/2 out of 5 because I'm too scared to say something deserves full marks :lol:

Blast Off's become my favourite character in the entire comic and one of my favourite Transformers characters ever. He's up there with quite a few Lost Lighters. And Soundwave. And Cosmos. And Thundercracker. ... you know after focusing on MTMTE/LL for so long it's kinda nice to wake up to the fact that the other two ongoings are also pretty friggin' good with some pretty friggin' good characters.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1885991)
Posted by Va'al on June 1st, 2017 @ 3:31pm CDT
From Ender, on Twitter.

TAAO #10, The Musical.
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1886026)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 1st, 2017 @ 6:15pm CDT
I wish I could see the good that you guys do in this book. :(

Of course, upon reflection last night, I have to wonder if I genuinely dislike this book, or just the storyline. :-?
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1886112)
Posted by ScottyP on June 1st, 2017 @ 10:18pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I wish I could see the good that you guys do in this book. :(

I love it but I also think it's fair to say it's not for everyone. If I dishonestly play devil's advocate, I could see characters feeling wooden at times, dialogue not feeling genuine, plot points being thin, rushed, or repeated, the overall story not moving too far in any one direction for too long, and an occasional lack of focus.

You know what though, you clearly gave it a chance and thought hard about it. Still don't like it? All good, it's ok to not like things!
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1886136)
Posted by X3ROhour on June 1st, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I wish I could see the good that you guys do in this book. :(

For me
it's a little fast
and under developed

like a show that tries to cram a ton of stuff
into a few episodes
so you get a lot
but feel a need for a more in-depth version

more character development as well
perhaps splitting it into multiple titles

for example...

the primary story
concerning politics and intrigue
STARSCREAM
& THE WORLDS OF CYBERTRON

then
te tales of law and order
on the streets of New Iacon to
the dark alleys of Néo-Kaon
IRONHIDE PROTECTION
AND LAW ENFORCEMENT

and
the adventures of a ßmall band of rogues
as they take the law iñto their own hands
CHROMIA &WINDBLADE:
WRECKERS REDUX

just a thought
Re: Cover Art for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #11 by Priscilla Tramontano, James Raiz (1886137)
Posted by ebonyleopard on June 1st, 2017 @ 11:17pm CDT
Wait..what? 2 issues left? They're ending Till All Are One?? Seriously?

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY