Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert*

Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert*

Thursday, September 13th, 2007 10:39pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 9,715

IDW's November solicitations have been posted, which include the cover image for the final issue of "The Ascending". You can check out the soliciations here, but be foreward that the cover contains a major spoiler for the story that those wishing to avoid such things should steer clear of.

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

This article was last modified on Friday, September 14th, 2007 8:39am CDT

Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342578)
Posted by 1337W422102 on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:42pm CDT
Wow! I who'd have thought that Darth Vader would be Luke Skywalker's father?

Devastation Hot Rod looks pretty darn cool. I'm guessing his altmode looks bitchn'.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342583)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
"Shocking" cover for Beast Wars now isn't it?

Devastation 3 cover with Roddy sure looks good too. Poor Wheeljack always gets pushed to the back.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342586)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:48pm CDT
I haven't been reading this so I have to ask...

Who's the chick with the bugeye boobs supose to be?

Anyhow, looks real good, and I look forward to eventualy reading this and seeing more.

Also, sorry, but I'm not feel'n that pic of Rodimus/Hot Rod(I'm not sure which he's supose to be at this point).
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342591)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:51pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I haven't been reading this so I have to ask...

Who's the chick with the bugeye boobs supose to be?

My guess is Antagony.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342596)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:54pm CDT
Hmmmm...So the bad guys from Beast Wars Neo, and two Botcon exclusives...interesting. I wonder what role they'll be playing in all this.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342598)
Posted by 1337W422102 on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:55pm CDT
I'm not sure, Darth. With a 'toe that big, I'm guessing she turns into a camel.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342605)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 13th, 2007 @ 10:59pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:I haven't been reading this so I have to ask...

Who's the chick with the bugeye boobs supose to be?

My guess is Antagony.

Antagony you say. All I've ever read about her was her bio listed here. I will be intrested in seeing how this character is portrayed. Thanks.

Also, I like what you did with the whitewash to avoid a spoiler. I squinted for a while to see it, then in quote saw it plain as day.

Now I feel the pride of persistance, and the humility of ignorance. Thats cool how 1 thing can create such a range of though, thanks for that experience
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342617)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:05pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I haven't been reading this so I have to ask...

If you had have been able to read this, Darth would've been paying you a visit to see if you had the Profile books as well! :P
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342643)
Posted by Chosen on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:18pm CDT
Cyborg Beasts are BW2, not Neo.

The real Neo villains are in #3, hehehe.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342657)
Posted by Autobotspitfire on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:28pm CDT
still gonna say it, everyone is thinking it and since the terminator/transformers went under we need some Dominatrix Vs. the Transformers.lol.
nice bw cover, looking forward to it.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342659)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:29pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:I haven't been reading this so I have to ask...

I don't have the books, but I can say outside of maybe 20 or so bots, not even, I have just about every Beast Era mold there is.

The repaints I don't chase down unless it's something real good!

But figure wise "Ah, I've nearly completed the whole set" -BW Megatron

But hell, :BANG_HEAD: as long as it's not 8-| "The Ultimate Guide" 8-| I don't care who asks about what books at this point :-$
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342680)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:42pm CDT
I was going more for a "the books arent even released yet" kinda thing.

Got to wait until the 26th for Ascending #1 and BW Profile book #1.

Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342693)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 13th, 2007 @ 11:52pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I was going more for a "the books arent even released yet" kinda thing.

Got to wait until the 26th for Ascending #1 and BW Profile book #1.

Dam I dropped the ball on that one! But hey DB, if you want, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

If it'll help, why not, and some anticeptic should prevent infection(sorry that was the evil in me).

Still, as far as the books go, I'm just realy getting into them. I wait for TPBs and just sneek peaks at art here(I am a fan) but the specifics get lost on me.

Go to the index in the ultimate guide and look up "Ineptitude in these matters" and you'll see I'm refrenced directly on pages 41, 32, 83, and 19384572981398134. So it must be true :P
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (342940)
Posted by Primus C-00 on September 14th, 2007 @ 4:02am CDT
I'm still looking for the Mega-Spoiler...
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343069)
Posted by Sentinel Pax on September 14th, 2007 @ 7:05am CDT
Chosen wrote:Cyborg Beasts are BW2, not Neo.

The real Neo villains are in #3, hehehe.

D'oh! My bad, I get them confused for some reason.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343111)
Posted by Blozor on September 14th, 2007 @ 7:36am CDT
I'm digging Hot Rod's Alternators-inspired robot mode.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343154)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 14th, 2007 @ 8:24am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:DB has been waiting (not so patiently) for the profile books for over a year now. If they do not get released on the 26th I think he might crack.

You're assuming I haven't already cracked about something else. ;)

Primus C-00 wrote:I'm still looking for the Mega-Spoiler...

The cover shows Shockaract, the 2000 Botcon exclusive figure who Simon Furman confirmed a while back to be "the nemesis" menioned in the previous issues summaries. Now, while he revealed that as fact, there are those out there who might have missed it and thus don't want to be let in on the fact that he's on the cover, ipso facto learing a big secret about the story.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343159)
Posted by Scaleface on September 14th, 2007 @ 8:30am CDT
Isn't Shockaract in the first pages of the first issue? Along with one of the Cyborg Beasts. Also, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary in a thread about a spoiler. No one who is avoiding the spoiler should be reading the thread.
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343160)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 14th, 2007 @ 8:31am CDT
Scaleface wrote:Isn't Shockaract in the first pages of the first issue? Along with one of the Cyborg Beasts.

Yes, but as with the Simon Furman interview, some people may have missed that, which is why I went to the trouble to keeping it a secret in this instance.

Something you have just ruined, so thanks a bunch for that. :?
Re: Cover Image for "Beast Wars: The Ascending #4" Revealed *Spoiler Alert* (343161)
Posted by Scaleface on September 14th, 2007 @ 8:32am CDT
This is a thread about a spoiler dude. Are people reading it who don't want to know the spoiler?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY