Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo

Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo

Monday, July 18th, 2011 9:55pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Sponsor News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 45,623

The newest Transformers marketplace to take the internet by storm, Crave.com, has just posted an interview that they have conducted with Seibertron.com's owner, Ryan Yzquierdo. In the interview, Crave.com gets to the passion behind the creator of one of the most massive Transformers fansites, showing us that love and dedication to the brand that has brought us all great times of enjoyment really does make for an amazing fansite experience. Here's a piece of the interview just to get you started:

Q: How did the initial idea grow and change over the years? How big is the team behind it these days?

A: Seibertron.com kind of “transformed” based on the interests that its loyal fanbase expressed over the years. I developed many features that users said they wanted. The content and focus of the site switched in 2004 from being centered around the cartoons and comics to being more focused on the toys. Seibertron.com is now home to the world’s largest and most comprehensive Transformers toy galleries with over 2,400 galleries comprised of over 200,000+ photos.

You can view the interview in its entirety by clicking here.

Seibertron.com would like to thank Crave.com for the opportunity to be interviewed.

For all the latest information on your Transformers Universe, keep your optics locked, right here, at Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource.

Credit(s): Crave.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 21st, 2011 3:42am CDT

Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261789)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on July 18th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CDT
What's with the thumbnail you chose for the article? O_o
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261790)
Posted by Blurrz on July 18th, 2011 @ 10:02pm CDT
Treetop Maximus wrote:What's with the thumbnail you chose for the article? O_o

Apologies, was just too high-res
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261796)
Posted by First Gen on July 18th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
Treetop Maximus wrote:What's with the thumbnail you chose for the article? O_o

Apologies, was just too high-res

Shhhh, *whispers* it was designed to get them to click the story */whispers*
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261809)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on July 18th, 2011 @ 10:34pm CDT
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261854)
Posted by Seibertron on July 18th, 2011 @ 11:42pm CDT
Treetop Maximus wrote:Wow! I read the interview and I'm amazed he took so many pictures for the galleries! Ryan/Mr. Ryan/Mr. Yzquierdo/Seibertron/I-have-know-idea-what-I'm-expected-to-call-him is an awesome dude, especially since he communicates with the site users. What a swell guy.

Thanks! I try my best. Being part of the community and communicating with all of you is one of the greatest enjoyments I get out of owning Seibertron.com.

I prefer just to be called Ryan, but you can call me Ryan or Seibertron, whichever you prefer and are comfortable with. I'm sure I've been called worse so as long as it's one of those two, I'm a happy man.
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261889)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 19th, 2011 @ 1:39am CDT
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261894)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 19th, 2011 @ 1:54am CDT
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261917)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2011 @ 3:20am CDT
CrimsonPrime wrote:Awesome Ryan :D. Two interviews in less than a month(Or so I recall)...Thanks to your Seibertron gallery I've able to see how G1 toys look like,comparison between movie toys and the full set of HFTD,RTS,ROTF and possibly DOTM toys in the future :D.

Most of the main DOTM toys are already in the galleries. Only ones released in the past month haven't been posted yet (and Human Alliance)

Glad to hear that they're helping you out!
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261921)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2011 @ 3:46am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Cool interview! Lots of publicity lately huh? It really must be a dream job. I know it's more a labor of love than a job per se, but it must be really awesome to be able to devote so much time to your favorite hobby. :) And I definitely appreciate everything you've done in creating and running this site so far. It's the reason I got back into Transformers! 8)

It's a dream job, but it has some drawbacks. It can be stressful and working from home isn't always as great as every one thinks it is (though you can't beat the commute).

I miss the 9 to 5 routine (Seibertron.com is a 24/7 business), going to lunch with co-workers, water cooler talks, my commute on the Metra trains (used to get a ton of work done during that time), things that you don't know to appreciate until they're not part of your routine.

I am very thankful that I'm the only idiot boss that I have to deal with every day though. :D I love rarely waking up to an alarm clock (I naturally sleep about 6 to 8 hours), I like getting to eat at home every day, I like getting to spend this much time with my family and this time with my two year old daughter is priceless (unlike many fathers, I get to be a very active part of her daily life and get to go to doctor's appointments, the park, whatever that you miss out on doing a 9 to 5).

As much as I love Transformers, I could use a little break. A tiny one! I deal with Transformers almost from the moment I wake up when I check my email until I hit the sack. I bet the folks at Hasbro don't have to do that every day. I haven't quite figured out how to make myself step away from my "business" yet. I often put in 12 to 16 hour days on this site, 60+ hour work weeks are the norm.

I still have bills to pay, mortgage and car payments to make ... Seibertron.com isn't always fun and games for me like it is for most of you, there's a whole business side of it that I have to deal with daily. Just like with any job, there are things I have to do that I don't want to do or enjoy doing with this site (fixing Heavy Metal War yesterday, working on Sonicron's gallery and video, solving problems amongst the community or with staff members, or with sponsors, figuring out how to make a YouTube video, or any other unexpected situation that arises). If I was doing what I wanted to do every day ... G1 Reflector would have a gallery by now as would G1 Overlord, and I'd probably be drawing.

Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261952)
Posted by Blast Cannon on July 19th, 2011 @ 5:54am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Complaints aside ... it's pretty awesome to get to work on something that I'm so passionate about and to work on something day-in and day-out that I created. And getting to visit with all of you and the Seibertron.com staff every day is pretty damn awesome too.

So Seibertron.com is an actual profitable business for you these days? Awesome! :ic$:

Just read the interview, you certainly seem to be doing the publicity rounds these days! :D
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1261970)
Posted by Zordon on July 19th, 2011 @ 7:11am CDT
hi seibs/ryan in your interview you stated "'working on completing my collection of original Marvel UK comics" and i might be able to help you out, i need to get into my mothers loft and check their condition but i did collect every single comic and special summer/winter/christmas edition from about issue 50 through to the end. give me a week to sort them out and will send a PM on your Facebook with what iv got.

great article BTW :D
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262045)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 19th, 2011 @ 9:42am CDT
Sorry about this strange question, and no offense intended, but how do you pronounce your last name exactly? Iv'e been reading the title to myself for, like, ten whole minutes, and can't find a way that sounds right! AGAIN no offense, I just wanna know :D
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262051)
Posted by Swindle01 on July 19th, 2011 @ 9:54am CDT
Yzquierdo? is that jewish? chinese? japanese? ive just never heard a surname like that before
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262062)
Posted by Joetx on July 19th, 2011 @ 10:13am CDT
@ Ryan,

Beast Wars rekindled my interest/love of TFs. Of course, by that time, the internet was up & humming. Your website wasn't on my radar early on, but once I found a link to it from another TF fan site, it has become THE source for TFs info for me. I visit the site daily (oftentimes several times a day). Thank you very much for all the hard work you & your staff put into the site.
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262094)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 19th, 2011 @ 11:06am CDT
Great interview Ryan!
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262107)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 19th, 2011 @ 11:41am CDT
Hey Ryan, you are becoming quite the celebrity. Two interviews in the past couple weeks. Pretty cool.
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262195)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 19th, 2011 @ 2:14pm CDT
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262224)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 19th, 2011 @ 2:59pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:If I'm right, Yzquierdo is a Hispanic surname, and is pronounced "Ease-kee-air-dough"

This.
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262245)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Blast Cannon wrote:

It pays the bills ... there'd be no way I could keep up with this site now having a full time job on top of Seibertron.com. I wasn't planning on doing this full time a few years ago (though I wanted too), but it wasn't until I hit the wall twice job-wise (thanks to the economy) that my wife and I decided I should put all of my time and effort into Seibertron.com.

I mentioned in my previous post that this is a phase toward my primary goal(s). If I'm going to continue to do this, I think it is in my family's best interest for me to expand into other popular brands (hence the network of sites listed in the site's footer) as well as possibly opening up a physical brick-and-mortar store at some point. I can't believe Chicago doesn't have a collectible toy/action figure store like so many other cities have (aside from Quake Collectibles) similar to Time Traveler's in Berkley near Detroit. I have to look into what opportunities the state of Illinois offers small businesses though to figure out the feasibility of it all. I'm a big believer in diversifying and having your hands in as many pots as possible so that if one opportunity falls apart, I'm not left hanging in the dust. But we'll see ... one thing at a time.
Re: Crave.com Interviews Seibertron.com's Ryan Yzquierdo (1262247)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2011 @ 3:31pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

This.

That's how it is probably properly pronounced. We pronounce it as "es-key-are-dough" (like the letter "s", the word "key", the letter "r" (or sometimes "air" depending on the day of the week), and then "dough" like pizza dough). My great-grandfather was Bask and born in Barcelona.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY