Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011

Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011

Monday, January 10th, 2011 1:33am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 75,991

Image Image Image

Happy New Year Seibertronians!

How was your TF haul this season?
We hope you got all the TFs on your Xmas list. If you are still craving that TF you didn’t get or are starting to collect a new series, check out some of the latest listings on Crave . The sellers on Crave offer vintage Transformers from Hasbro & Takara as well as some newer ones that can be harder to find in stores.

Ramping up the eBay alternative that is designed for fans like you
In case you missed our first newsletter Introducing Our Transformers Marketplace in December, Crave is a new Tranformers-dedicated marketplace where fans can buy & sell with each other. We’re here to serve the fan community and make it easier to find what’s on your want list.

A few of the things we do differently than the other marketplaces today:
    - Fan-created catalog & checklists of every Transformer released by Hasbro & Takara
    - Easy to buy and sell
    - Secure for buyers & sellers because Crave is in the middle of the transaction
    - Selling is free!
Bonus -- If what you want isn’t currently for sale, add it to your want list on Crave & we’ll notify you when it gets put up for sale.

Here’s what some of our 50,000 fans are saying:

"My first purchase on Crave was great! I really like the safeguard methods in place to protect buyers, so I was 100% confident when I placed my purchase. I will definitely be using Crave again in the future." - Hugo Flores (anubis20)

"I can't think of any improvements I'd make. I've made 2 purchases already and was an easy & reliable process. I've got my eye on my next purchase already."-Joseph Shivak

“Selling on Crave is the easiest online transaction I've ever done. They pay close attention to every sale and purchase, track the shipments to ensure timely delivery, and make sure that both parties are completely satisfied with each transaction. The money transfer is smooth and secure. What more can you ask for?” –Brandt Gibson

“On Crave I know there is a market for the items I want to sell; it takes the best elements of eBay and improves upon them which I thought was almost impossible! Plus it doesn't cost anything to use it.” –Jason Pacenski

January marks the end of our 2nd month with the marketplace live!
The Crave community began developing the catalog back in June, but we just launched the marketplace in November. Thanks to fan like you, listings are growing each day, so check out the wide selection of Transformers that Crave sellers have to offer.
A sample of series for sale on Crave:
1.Generation 1
2.Classics
3.Animated
4.Generations
5.Takara Henkei
6.Takara Binaltech
7.Takara Label Series
8.Takara Encore
9.Beast Era

And many more! If you have TFs to sell, come see how easy it is on Crave: click here for seller info.

A sampling of current listings on Crave

Hosehead
For sale by Jason Pacenski
Series: Generation 1, G1 1988
Condition: Loose – Complete
Quality: Near Mint
Price: $65.00 (includes shipping)

Bumblebee

Price: $25.00

Masterpiece Grimlock
For sale by Tom Jones
Series: Generation 1, Masterpiece
Condition: Packaged - Opened - Complete
Quality: Mint
Price: $140.00 (includes shipping)

Terradive
For sale by Joey Wagh
Series: Unicron Trilogy, Energon
Condition: Packaged - Sealed
Quality: Mint
Price: $20.00

We got lots of helpful feedback on our first post, so please keep it coming. Visit our Feedback tab on the site or email us (info@crave.com) with your suggestions.

You can also join 50,000 fellow Transformers fans where you can speak your mind on our Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/cravetransformers
Join today and you’ll be entered to win one of our Transformers giveaways.

Happy New Year!
Erin & Kabe, Crave founders
Image Image

Credit(s): Red Convoy

Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167621)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 10th, 2011 @ 5:42am CST
this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

wfc bumblebee for 20 dollars on the front page. a figure you can find anywhere for half the price.

i will keep using ebay if i need to .
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167633)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on January 10th, 2011 @ 6:52am CST
Oh wow this was the announcement that Crave was talking about?

Actually griftimus they have gotten off the ground ,A few of my FB friends have already used this

It's weird to see Erin's picture on these boards
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167653)
Posted by Rated X on January 10th, 2011 @ 8:22am CST
When you see some of these prices you just wanna reach out and slap sombody and be like "are you really serious" ??? When they say $140 bucks for MP Grimlock, are they refering to the 75 dollar TRU version ???
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167658)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 10th, 2011 @ 8:43am CST
griftimus prime wrote:this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

i will keep using ebay if i need to .

Because people don't post ridiculous prices on eBay? What?

Crave is a way for people to list their own items and set their prices. It seems like a decent idea honestly.

I will say that I've had a script crash on each of my visits though. That needs to be fixed.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167665)
Posted by dragons on January 10th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
griftimus prime wrote:
this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

i will keep using ebay if i need to .

Because people don't post ridiculous prices on eBay? What?

:lol: dont get me started on this topic thanks for sharing ill be crave first what i dont find on there i go on ebay fortress maximus, scorponk, trypticon, or any g1 combiners is example for ebay prices to rocket up in price when item itself is incomplete, or broken
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167686)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:12am CST
I've heard about people getting pretty decent deals. Have not found any myself. You get outrages prices for Transformers no matter where you look. Whether it be ebay, amazon, or anywhere else where somebody thinks they can get an extra buck.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167694)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:30am CST
I'd like to do that but I don't want to join Facebook to do it. That's the sucky part of Crave- you have to join Facebook cuz that's the login and password it asks for. Well, it did for me anyways.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167756)
Posted by Starscream5150 on January 10th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CST
Addressing Rated X's concern, it appears that the names of the toys are stock photos, but when you click on the actual listings, the sale photos are there. The MP Grimlock for $140 is the Japanese version, even though the stock photo is Hasbro. There's a hasbro version for $70 within that listing which is a little much, but the price will come down if nobody is willing to pay it.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167841)
Posted by Stormrider on January 10th, 2011 @ 4:48pm CST
I would like to know more details. Is this a Facebook service? How does this site make the transaction safer than eBay?
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167882)
Posted by Red Convoy on January 10th, 2011 @ 6:20pm CST

Hi Counterpunch, thanks for reporting your bug. Please message me with the details of your browser/OS and the steps that lead to the script crash so we can reproduce the issue and see what's causing it.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167893)
Posted by Red Convoy on January 10th, 2011 @ 6:31pm CST
Hi Stormrider,
Crave (www.crave.com) is a TF marketplace website integrated with Facebook. That means that members sign-in using their Facebook accounts. We set it up this way because it promotes trust when you are dealing with a real person and can see if you have friends in common or who have purchased from them.
The site is more secure because Crave is in the middle of the transaction, similar to Amazon. The buyer pays Crave at purchase, then the seller delivers the item with shipping tracking (required). There is a two day period for the buyer to notify us if the item is not 'as described' then the transaction closes and the seller gets paid by Crave.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167945)
Posted by Rated X on January 10th, 2011 @ 9:45pm CST
Red Convoy wrote:Hi Stormrider,
Crave (http://www.crave.com) is a TF marketplace website integrated with Facebook. That means that members sign-in using their Facebook accounts. We set it up this way because it promotes trust when you are dealing with a real person and can see if you have friends in common or who have purchased from them.
Let me know if you have more questions.

OK I can see a Japanese version of MP Grimlock going for $140. (Even though the TRU version is virtually the same thing without the corny apron)

On to my next question :

Whats up with this facebook crap ??? What does facebook have to do with buying transformers ??? Why do they force you to join a social network to buy stuff ??? And in my opinion, facebook sucks anyway. I prefer myspace any day.
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1167964)
Posted by Quaternion on January 10th, 2011 @ 10:30pm CST
I am very interested in this service, but my TF addiction is not something that I want advertised to all my FB friends. Can I still use Crave without linking to Facebook?
Re: Crave News 1-10-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011 (1168360)
Posted by Stormrider on January 11th, 2011 @ 10:14pm CST
Red Convoy wrote:Hi Stormrider,
Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks for the info.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Galvatron with Nucleon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY