CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts

CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts

Saturday, May 28th, 2011 11:29am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,615

CrazyDevy continues in their quest to make your G1 Predaking the baddest gestalt on your G1 shelf with their CDMW-23 King's Power Parts replacement hands. The new hands are articulated with movable "knuckle dusters", made of Polylac virgin ABS, and G1 compatible. Priced at $29.95 and scheduled to release in July.

Credit(s): CrazyDavy, ArmadaPrime

This article was last modified on Sunday, May 29th, 2011 1:39pm CDT

Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229947)
Posted by NebulanFree on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:41am CDT
THIS is the set I've been waiting for! Awesome.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229950)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:43am CDT
I have "the King's Power Parts"...in my pants. :P
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229952)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:45am CDT
Wow, a Predaking set that actually makes sense!
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229954)
Posted by Sansorio on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:49am CDT
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229956)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:52am CDT
These may be the first Prediking set I get, I just hope they learned from the Devastator hands and made these more durable.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229958)
Posted by Blurrz on May 28th, 2011 @ 11:57am CDT
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229963)
Posted by It Is Him on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CDT
Sansorio wrote:According to this thread at FTW2005, Predaking cannot hold the CrazyDevy sword with these new hands... Just something to think about.

We should all take that "news" with a grain of salt until we have photos that confirm that.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1229972)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 28th, 2011 @ 12:17pm CDT
It's so lame if the hands can't hold the sword. They could indluse a handle attachment to make it work, if they really can't hold what they made.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230052)
Posted by dragons on May 28th, 2011 @ 5:59pm CDT
small update on this item on crazydevy site there is small secret bonus to hold cdmw 14 predaking sword more tightly as they put it i wasnt planning on preording until i saw update
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230119)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 28th, 2011 @ 9:25pm CDT
You know, or even if you don't, I have a re-issue Precon set that I probably won't put on sale. I'm thinking about picking up some of the upgrade sets. I will probably pass on the larger wings but these hands looks really awesome.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230199)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 29th, 2011 @ 3:37am CDT
*cough cough* :P
anyway, these look freaking awesome.
shame i dont have a predaking :lol:
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230341)
Posted by El Duque on May 29th, 2011 @ 1:39pm CDT
ArmadaPrime wrote:*cough cough* :P
anyway, these look freaking awesome.
shame i dont have a predaking :lol:

Updated the front page news to give you credit. I didn't see your post, because you didn't post it in the correct forum. In the future please try to post third-party items in the Third-party forum.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230435)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 29th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CDT
Those look very nice. Still, these guys are way overpriced.
:BOT:
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230510)
Posted by Mkall on May 29th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Those look very nice. Still, these guys are way overpriced.
:BOT:

I used to think that. Then I realised I paid 35 bucks for 2 guns and a head (Dreadwind upgrade) and they are fairly static made of resin, not ABS plactic with articulation.

So I don't think I can justify that argument anymore, at least from my own perspectives.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230522)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 29th, 2011 @ 9:29pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Those look very nice. Still, these guys are way overpriced.
:BOT:

Then think about it like this. Over the course of five upgrades (estimated number) at $30 a piece you're paying $150 dollars for parts. With Renderform, or Venksta you're paying one guy for one kit, funding everything with his personal time and money. I doubt he's making huge profit margins from his items. Crazy Devy, I guarantee you, are. Seeing as you have to buy multiple kits to complete a "set". I'm not saying you can't justify it any way you like or that you should have to think the way I do. I simply call the parties out as I see them and apply logic to what I see. That or the lack thereof. I've always said that Crazy Devy make quality stuff but man, they create some crazy mark up for their product.
:BOT:
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230547)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 29th, 2011 @ 11:04pm CDT
I just bought some G2 prime fists at $10 a pop. The market for parts can be kinda high.

I think these fists are worth it. There are two of them and they're articulated (somewhat). Some other kits are rather dubious.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230581)
Posted by robofreak on May 30th, 2011 @ 2:32am CDT
Mkall wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:Those look very nice. Still, these guys are way overpriced.
:BOT:

I think I can help you change your thought on that.

Resin is done by hand in silicone molds. The resin is mixed and carefully poured into the mold where it cures and then goes through prep work to get ready for the customer. Granted a good caster will produce a very clean piece, but it is very time consuming and thus you are paying mostly for the labor of the guy that sits in the workshop with toxic resin fumes and tries to get the castings as good as possible.

The CrazyDevy parts are injection molded. which is quite cheap to produce once you have the mold. CD is just chargind ridiculous prices to make themselves feel good.

When you buy from Renderform, you're buying from someone that actually cares about their stuff. When you buy from CrazyDevy, you helping someone cash in on the 3rd party movement.

I knnow this cause I'm prone to paying a high price for resin kits and have learned a thing or 2 about plastics over the years.

Also, 3rd party Gundam expansion kits like the ones from AKOhobby only cost about $15 and you get way more for your money than a CD upgrade.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230624)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 30th, 2011 @ 5:41am CDT
El Duque wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:*cough cough* :P
anyway, these look freaking awesome.
shame i dont have a predaking :lol:

ah, i was looking for a "news" forum.
#-o
will remember that.
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230695)
Posted by El Duque on May 30th, 2011 @ 9:58am CDT
ArmadaPrime wrote:
El Duque wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:*cough cough* :P
anyway, these look freaking awesome.
shame i dont have a predaking :lol:

ah, i was looking for a "news" forum.
#-o
will remember that.

No problem, it happens. Maybe we should have a "news/rumors" forum?
Re: CrazyDevy CDMW-23 King's Power Parts (1230705)
Posted by It Is Him on May 30th, 2011 @ 10:44am CDT
El Duque wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:
El Duque wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:*cough cough* :P
anyway, these look freaking awesome.
shame i dont have a predaking :lol:

ah, i was looking for a "news" forum.
#-o
will remember that.

No problem, it happens. Maybe we should have a "news/rumors" forum?

Or maybe just an easier way to submit news. Like a news alert button, or something.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY