CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades?

CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades?

Friday, July 8th, 2011 10:55am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,579

It looks as though CrazyDevy will be turning their attention to Omega Supreme in August based on the following teaser image that has been added to their website. Most likely the first in series of upgrades for G1 Omega Sumpreme. Considering his "parts-former" transformation there are a lot of upgrade possibilities here.

Credit(s): CrazyDevy

This article was last modified on Friday, July 8th, 2011 11:01am CDT

Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1254985)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:18am CDT
Most intriguing. Hopefully some legs with articulation!
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1254996)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:34am CDT
This will be interesting. Since I still have my Omega Supreme I'd very much like to see what they do. If it's as good as what they've been doing I may invest in these upgrades as I'm sure there will be many of them.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1254998)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
I'm not crazy about crazy devy stuff but if they replace the face, claw and legs it would be my first purchase.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255001)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:39am CDT
While there are a lot of parts to swap out, I can't think of any upgrade that could really make him more show accurate besides giving him a face, which Reprolabels has already tackled, and even that forces collectors to risk damaging an expensive figure.

Maybe it'll be something for his alt mode: extra track to make him a true alternative to that old TF electric train set?

Or maybe they're venturing into full fledged original figure territory with some non-transforming guardians cheap enough to truly troop build with, like Impossible Toys has previewed on their site for years. Nothing against that awesome ehobby Guardian, but the cheapest it ever got was about $120, a tad too rich to buy a legion of.

Wait, this is Crazy Devy, so the price will be stratospheric.

Maybe new gargantuan arms that form a rocket big enough to actually fit Legends size Autobots into?
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255014)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255028)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 8th, 2011 @ 12:12pm CDT
:lol: most probably DM
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255033)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 8th, 2011 @ 12:17pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Maybe it's a pair of articulated longer legs and better arms for the cost of two Encore Omega Supremes.

:lol: thats funny :lol:

The only thing I can see that really NEEDS improving are the legs. The claw arm and laser arm have some of the best articulation on any G1. Yea a face would be nice, BUT, I can testify that getting that plastic shield off is dangerous. My original still walks, and the two plastic "wheels" that move the legs are VERY fragile. Hopefully the legs will not walk, but look great and add some height to him. On my "Big boy" shelf, he is the smallest.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255036)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 8th, 2011 @ 12:19pm CDT
Oh, another Crazydevy ad that doesn't give us any info on the product they're gonna make. Classic.

Just based on every other CD product ever made, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it'll be a new face with light up eyes. That's the pattern with them, isn't it? Head first and then it's anybody's guess.

Having no Omega Supreme to upgrade means these sets are an easy pass. I may pass on any future Devestator upgrades as well with not one, buy two whole new options to choose from.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255089)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 8th, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
Sadly, my first thought is.... PLEASE finish the projects that are underway (and dragging on for months/years) before starting a new one.

AND please post finished product pictures before selling any individual parts. Buying a Devastator wrist or a Predaking toe is silly without seeing an assembled robot. Fans need this visual to make an informed decision about pricing and simply whether they want the product.

And of course, having a KIT with all the parts at a slightly discounted rate would be the best. It's a pain when some parts sell out, but others don't. You're left scouring 3rd party sellers and ebay just trying to complete the figure. It's a bit of a joke.

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255090)
Posted by Gripen1974 on July 8th, 2011 @ 1:50pm CDT
I got the encore omega supreme and he already have a face, only fun thing i can see to him is more track pieces and mount Helen with the ARC wreckage inside. Track pieces could make him go on patrol around metroplex or Fortress maximus.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255094)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 8th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT
extra track would be awesome. I also suggested extra building pieces for Metroplex to extend the buildings taller like real skyscrapers. Maybe someone will knock these out.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255112)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 8th, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
But don't worry, it'll have an LED in it so that the eyes glow, just like the original!
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255178)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 8th, 2011 @ 4:14pm CDT
If I like what I see with this, I just might have to get in on it.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255189)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 8th, 2011 @ 4:27pm CDT

nah...

Won't be that cheap! :lol:

I own the encore reissue, and to be honest, he's a great toy.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255198)
Posted by Stormrider on July 8th, 2011 @ 4:53pm CDT

Yeah, no kidding.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255234)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 8th, 2011 @ 6:28pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Oh I forgot about the head, it'll be a shrunken down Encore Omega head for only 60 dollars!

I've got a growing suspicion that you sir believe Crazy Devy charges maybe too much for their products? :D
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255255)
Posted by robofreak on July 8th, 2011 @ 7:13pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:

Everyone knows they charge too much for their stuff.

I would own most of their stuff right now if it was all about half price. For now, I'll stick with FansProject and other groups that have good stuff and is affordable.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255267)
Posted by quickmixed on July 8th, 2011 @ 7:30pm CDT
UPGRADE : UNNECESSARY.
Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255392)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 9th, 2011 @ 1:15am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:

Wow.....he does look pretty damn small when put beside those behemoths..buuuuuttt.......his alt mode is arguably one of the best of that bunch if not THE best!IMO. He's huge in his alt mode, it looks cool and it's fun as hell.

As for CD and what they have to offer as far as an upgrade, i can't hazard to guess. I know for sure that it will be exorbitantly priced though.

Re: CrazyDevy Omega Supreme Upgrades? (1255401)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 9th, 2011 @ 1:34am CDT
monstergrotusque wrote:Their promo tactics are definitely an annoyance aswell. Just show us the F*@#'n upgrade already!!! This teaser bullshit they pull drives me bonkers.

Teasers generate interest, and there are obviously those individuals who now are waiting impatiently for more info. I believe CD accomplished their goal.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STEALTH FORCE BUMBLEBEE Basic 2010." on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Battle Call Figure Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY