Cullen Speaks with IGN.com

Cullen Speaks with IGN.com

Friday, June 8th, 2007 11:22pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Interviews
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 18,258

Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime, has been getting around. We reported two interviews recently with him here and here. Now, IGN.com had a chance to talk with Peter Cullen about his career, the technicalities of doing recording sessions, and what it was like to slip back into his role as Optimus Prime in the Transformers Movie.

Click here to read the latest interview with Peter Cullen.

Credit(s): IGN, .op.

Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (155829)
Posted by Stormrider on June 8th, 2007 @ 11:23pm CDT
Front paged and credited.
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (155841)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 8th, 2007 @ 11:35pm CDT
It doesn't matter if I've read/heard the same things over and over again, I enjoy every interivew that Cullen does! Can't wait to hear the original Prime again!
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (155844)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on June 8th, 2007 @ 11:39pm CDT
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (155890)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on June 9th, 2007 @ 12:15am CDT
One thing I like about this interview: when producers come up, completely change the designs & such of the characters, & then say, "trust us, it's the same 'ol bots you've always known"....It leaves me skeptical &, to put it bluntly, in disbelief. When someone like Cullen whose been doing it since Gen 1 & has such respect for the fan base says, "It's the same 'ol Prime I played 20 years ago." It's pretty certain that it's the same 'ol Prime we saw 20 years ago. That makes me feel all warm & fuzzy.
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (155891)
Posted by Stormrider on June 9th, 2007 @ 12:15am CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:Huh. I think he really does appreciate the Fan Base, unlike other people who are famous & don't acknowledge the fans at all. That's wat I like about people like Mr. Cullen.

I agree. He seems like nice guy. He's tone in the interviews always comes across like fatherly advice (in a good way).
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (156058)
Posted by Nuts on June 9th, 2007 @ 5:21am CDT
Like Prime you mean :)
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (156083)
Posted by Fang Wolf on June 9th, 2007 @ 6:46am CDT
This seems odly familiar of the last interview :?
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (156125)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on June 9th, 2007 @ 8:06am CDT
Fang Wolf wrote:This seems odly familiar of the last interview :?
Well, I figure anybody would give the same answers to the same questions constantly repeated over & over.

One question I can think of that he always gives the same answer to:

-What did you think when you found out Prime was getting offed in the original movie?

"There goes my car payments!!"
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (156227)
Posted by Arcadius-Prime on June 9th, 2007 @ 10:53am CDT
Nice interview. I would just like to point out I'm going to see the movie to hear Peter Cullen voicing Prime again, amoung other things. I can't wait to hear Prime sound like...uh...Prime again.
Re: Cullen Speaks with IGN.com (156372)
Posted by LastBloom on June 9th, 2007 @ 1:38pm CDT
It is going to be great to hear Cullen voice Prime again.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers - TRU Exclusive Masterpiece - MP-01 Acid Storm (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan - Bumblebee (Rescue Jet) - Hasbro" on EBAY