Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line

Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line

Monday, June 26th, 2017 1:32pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,517

While fans still have until July 3 to vote for which Takara Legends figures they want rereleased most, Takara PR on Twitter shared who were the top 5 right now. With no order indicated, they showed a picture including Fortress Maximus, Megatron, Jetfire, Windblade and Ultra Magnus.

You can still go vote by clicking the following link.

Transformers News: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line

Credit(s): Takara PR

Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892469)
Posted by Kurona on June 26th, 2017 @ 1:41pm CDT
Makes sense; all but one of them are amazing characters.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892475)
Posted by ScottyP on June 26th, 2017 @ 2:02pm CDT
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892479)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 26th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
I've been buying alot of takara figures for the past few years now and enjoy them greatly, even though some of Hasbros are still great choices
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892488)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 26th, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
The legends line is great and all but...
PLEASE KEEP THE ENCORE LINE GOING!!!
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892491)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 26th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
Which figure from the last 3 years? Buh, what is this madness?
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892502)
Posted by Lucky Logician on June 26th, 2017 @ 3:29pm CDT
Can someone clue me in because I don't get it?

There must be something else involved that I don't get because it sounds like Takara I'd getting trolled.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892503)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 26th, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
I understand Fort Max, though I have the TR version. I already have Legends Jetfire, and I got CW Magnus at a TF shop in the city. It might have been before the street date, actually...anyway, I have no interest in Megs, and I plan on getting TR Windblade and/or Adventure Windblade.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892504)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 26th, 2017 @ 3:34pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Can someone clue me in because I don't get it?

Whereas Hasbro re-releases figures in later waves, TakaraTomy makes all-new production runs should there be a demand for a certain item. In other words, they have a habit of reissuing figures that are off the shelves, not just G1.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892505)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 26th, 2017 @ 3:38pm CDT
Lucky Logician wrote:Can someone clue me in because I don't get it?

The legends poll asked which five should be reissued. Aside from Jetfire, those figures are pretty "fun" to buy on the aftermarket; especially windblade.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892513)
Posted by Emerje on June 26th, 2017 @ 4:28pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:Can someone clue me in because I don't get it?

Windblade is hard to get a decent price (runs around $55 usually) on the aftermarket, but the others aren't terribly overpriced. Megatron still runs around $60-$70 which is about right for a Japanese Leader class at retail. Jetfire and Ultra Magnus goes for $45-$55 which is reasonable even for a Hasbro release. And Fortress Maximus can be had easily for around $170 now on Mandarake.

So yeah, Windblade is the one in the top 5 that I could see needing a re-release the most. I'm sure if there wasn't that 3 year limit we'd be seeing Metroplex on the top of the list, especially with Trypticon coming. That guy is running $300+ now.

Emerje
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892524)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 26th, 2017 @ 6:12pm CDT

If anything, y'all should've been pulling for a reissue of the highly coveted Legends Blurr, you fools! :-P
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892527)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 26th, 2017 @ 6:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Wow. Every single one of you guys completely mistook what this survey was for. It was specifically for the Legends line. Nothing else. That's why the top five contenders are all Legends toys. Why, the survey's banner even had the Legends logo in it, with a slew of Legends toys all grouped together, right there. How do you miss that?

In my defense, I was temporarily blinded by hope
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892532)
Posted by Deadput on June 26th, 2017 @ 6:49pm CDT

I really want Blurr and Hardhead to reissued. (Takara Blurr has better colors and the Hasbro Blurr's colors fit the Nightbeat headmaster perfectly, Hardhead because he has the mouth face which is more iconic to his character)
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892551)
Posted by ausbot on June 26th, 2017 @ 7:32pm CDT
I'd rather G1 Japanese exclusive reissues like Dia Atlas, and Grandus.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892554)
Posted by Albatross250 on June 26th, 2017 @ 7:38pm CDT
>Generations Jetfire
IT'S ON! :twisted:
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892557)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 26th, 2017 @ 7:45pm CDT
ausbot wrote:I'd rather G1 Japanese exclusive reissues like Dia Atlas, and Grandus.
This is for Transformers: Legends only.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892596)
Posted by william-james88 on June 26th, 2017 @ 10:48pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Jetfire is only a surprise because there was a time that figure could be had for a very low cost. Maybe it disappeared in the past few months or something.

Yeah, that one surprised me too. Plus aside from the lack of chrome, the difference between that and the hasbro version (which was also easy to find for cheap for a while) wasnt that big, so there is a lot of similar looking jetfire available to purchase. I think we could still find it online for a price similar to what it initially cost.
I am surprised Arcee didnt show up, especially since orders had to be cut for that one.

And Sabr is right on the nose with Blurr.

Desslok2201 wrote:The legends line is great and all but...
PLEASE KEEP THE ENCORE LINE GOING!!!

Oh man I wish but its been years now since Fort Max. And with takara rereleasing G1 Trypticon under the Hasbro Platinum line, I think it is a good sign the Encore line is over.

Lucky Logician wrote:It sounds like Takara asked 'What figure do you guys want us to make?" And the top 5 votes so far are for characters that just got figures made.

Na, Takara asked "which legends toys do you want us to reissue", so the answers make sense.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892800)
Posted by vwpbl on June 27th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CDT
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892810)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 27th, 2017 @ 10:32pm CDT
vwpbl wrote:Good god is there a translation of their registration website!?!? Can't make heads or tails of it, even with google translate!

Wouldn't do you any good, it's open to Japanese residents only.
Re: Current Top 5 Figures Most Wanted for a Rerelease in the Takara Legends Line (1892822)
Posted by Emerje on June 27th, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT

I didn't. :P I simply think it makes sense to at least go as far back as Generations since those figures still blend well with Legends (because most of the early Legends figures were from Hasbro's Generations line pre-Combiner Wars). Just stick them in Legends packaging and maybe change the colors a little like they did with Springer's Legends release.

william-james88 wrote:the hasbro version (which was also easy to find for cheap for a while)

In Canada, perhaps, but the only Jetfire I've ever seen in person was the one I bought off HTS.

They made up for that with a second run alongside Chromia later. (I bought two) She's readily available on the aftermarket now, for around half of what Windblade goes for since she didn't get a second run like the other two girls.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thundercracker - Canadian Packaging, Sealed #2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream - deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 3-D Jigsaw Stand Up Puzzle Warren Ultra Magnus 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Thrilling 30 Armada Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS THRILLING 30 FALL OF CYBERTRON SKYWARP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager Class - Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY