Monday, March 12th, 2012 3:58am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 45,786

After the recent unveiling of the upcoming release of Masterpiece MP-12 Sideswipe, Takara has surprisingly stated the following in their toy panel at Cybertron Con '12 in Singapore. They are seriously looking into the possibility of these two releases in the near future

• Masterpiece MP-?? Soundwave
  • Reissue Fortress Maximus

Will they happen? Only time will tell.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for your latest Transformers happenings around the world.

Credit(s): Mach

This article was last modified on Monday, March 12th, 2012 1:49pm CDT

Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357526)
Posted by alldarker on March 12th, 2012 @ 4:08am CDT
Re-issue Fort Max!!!!!

*Faints*

Takara, make it so, and make it fast!!!
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357529)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 12th, 2012 @ 4:17am CDT

Encore Fort Max, while awesome, would require you to sell your first born to ship at a reasonable price.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357536)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 12th, 2012 @ 4:34am CDT
The only way Takara will stop people buying Acoustic Wave is to confirm that MP Soundwave is on its way, otherwise AW might be just too tempting.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357538)
Posted by Blurrz on March 12th, 2012 @ 4:42am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:So, they are looking into MP Soundwave? I wonder why they put that out? oh yeah, Acoustic Wave is due out soon. They are saying that to stop people buying it but at the same time they may decide not to release it. So, our choice is a. Wait for TakaraTomy to to confirm it either way or b. Get Acoustic Wave which is 100% confirmed. Sorry Takara, I need pics of a Masterpiece Soundwave (prototype would suffice) before I don't buy Acoustic Wave.

They've actually had MPSW on the drawing board for quite some time. The last thing HasTak need to worry about are third parties releasing coinciding figures, when it comes down to it - the sheer number of people are going to be buying into a Masterpiece figure rather than a third party equivalent.

Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357540)
Posted by Screamfleet on March 12th, 2012 @ 4:48am CDT
I've always had a passing interest in fort max, though the price never agreed with me. Maybe now I should just start saving up, so when if it happens, just get it.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357543)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 12th, 2012 @ 5:01am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

If it has been on the drawing board why are they only now saying they are looking into it? The best way to halt Acoustic Wave, which is nearly on the shelves, is to show MP Soundwave right now. Looking in to making it is like saying "sure we might make it now or we will release one in 20 years but it is coming". The people who want a Masterpiece Soundwave and have wanted one since MP01 first appeared may not wait for an unconfirmed release and go the third party route. I want a Masterpiece Soundwave and I will get the first one that appears on the market. However, the beauty of Transformers is two (or more) display modes. What is the harm in getting both, should they actually make an official one.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357544)
Posted by Blurrz on March 12th, 2012 @ 5:08am CDT
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357545)
Posted by Trikeboy on March 12th, 2012 @ 5:12am CDT
Blurrz wrote:While it's rather coincidental that they release this information publically at this time, I've known about this for a good half year. And not just know about it's existance, but what it's going to come with. I'll vouch for the fact that if you are a little bit patient with HasTak, you're going to be happier.

Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357546)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 12th, 2012 @ 5:13am CDT

We can haz sekrits? ;;)
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357547)
Posted by Blurrz on March 12th, 2012 @ 5:20am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:No offence intended, as I wouldn't call you a liar but I will believe it when I see it, see it being the appropriate word. All the cassettes packaged with him would be a high selling point and make me pass on AW.

No offence taken. Whether or not I was alluding to cassettes.. well I'm not going to deny that.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We can haz sekrits? ;;)

Go away <3. Anymore out of me and Mach will cut my tongue.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357553)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2012 @ 6:30am CDT
If anyone's capable of doing these two, it's TakaraTomy. The questions are: Will we be able to afford Max? (I doubt it.) and Will their MP Soundwave beat the 3rd party? (Possibly.)
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357560)
Posted by Mykltron on March 12th, 2012 @ 7:15am CDT
Which would cost more? Acoustic Wave or Soundwave?
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357565)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 12th, 2012 @ 7:42am CDT
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357567)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:03am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:The thought of MP Soundwave is simply a :shock: but if Takara does in fact reissue Fort Max I will forgive HasTak for all their BS for the past few years. Hell I'll even forgive the studios for allowing Bay to make those 3 $h*tty films with a fourth on the way. :HEADHURTS: :VEHI:

Wow. Your bad aim is all over the map, huh?

TakaraTomy hasn't done anything wrong in all of this.
Bay and the studios know what works and it's been successful. Billions successful.
Hasbro is the one target you should be concerned with. No one else.

I have a feeling your aim will remain off, though.

And what on Earth does a Fort Max reissue have to do with the rest? I get that you were being hyperbolic, but seriously, this is one ridiculous post.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357568)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:05am CDT
To add to the list of possibilities, takara said MP-10 could have a Ultra Magnus release with a real armor in the future. :KREMZEEK:

Regarding Fort Max, they said they were planning A Fortress Maximus release in their 30th anniversary (2 more years)... They did not specify the series...
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357570)
Posted by Oilspill on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:06am CDT
Oh hell yeah I would so buy an Encore Fort Max! I hope it comes with everything though (wasn't the more recent Grand Max missing a bunch of accessories?).

Of course I'm excited about an MP Soundwave too, and Sideswipe for that matter.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357576)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:22am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:*snip*

I just have to say...that custom is awesome. Fantastic paint work. Wow.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357577)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:23am CDT
While I don't doubt Takara is working on Masterpiece Soundwave. I wouldn't hold my breath on Hasbro bothering to bring in over 1) anytime soon to Takara's release, or 2) in a fashion anyone would call convenient.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357584)
Posted by Dorkimus on March 12th, 2012 @ 8:38am CDT

Well actually they do need to worry unless we are getting some official pics soon. For if you read for example these messages here, you will notice that many are still sceptical what comes to MP SW. I' "afraid" that many will buy rather this 3rd party toy if it comes first. So Takara should gave us some proofs already. THAT would most likely change some thoughts and it might keep people waiting this one.
Re: Cybertron Con 2012 Coverage - Masterpiece Soundwave and Reissue Fortress Maximus Possibilities (1357592)
Posted by It Is Him on March 12th, 2012 @ 9:02am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

• Reissue Fort Max

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Rescue Torch Ratchet 2007" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES THUNDERHOWL ENERGON ARMOR" on EBAY
Buy "New Hasbro KRE-O Transformers Megatron Building Set 30688 with 4 Kreon figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie - SOUNDWAVE Energon Igniters Power Plus Series" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY