Transformers News: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed!

Friday, July 30th, 2010 3:09AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 98,036

For those at BotCon 2010, you may have seen these figures in Hasbro's Panels, however for the general public, this is your first glimpse at some future fan favorites to be released this upcoming year. Courtesy of TFclub who were at the Cybertron Convention, we've got glimpses at Generations, two HFTD Voyagers and new PCC Five-Packs! Remember these are Hasbro products, not Takara. Check out the new figures below!

Generations Deluxe Scourge - New mold homaging G1 Scourge

Generations Deluxe Jazz - New mold homaging G1 Jazz

Generations Deluxe Perceptor - New mold homaging G1 Perceptor

Generations Deluxe Turbo Tracks - New mold homaging G1 Tracks

Generations Deluxe Thunderwing - New mold homaging G1 Thunderwing

Hunt For the Decepticons Voyager Grapple - Repaint/remold of Universe Inferno

Hunt For the Decepticons Voyager Lugnut - New mold homaging Animated Lugnut

Generations Scout Windcharger - New mold homaging the G1 Minibot

Generations Legends Gold Bumblebee and Megatron

Generations Legends Optimus Prime and Starscream

Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots

Power Core Combiners Steamhammer with Constructicons

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): TFclub

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105848)
Posted by Baha08 on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:17am CDT
Not sure I dig Scourge too much. Lugnut looks like he has stubby legs.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105854)
Posted by Burn on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:24am CDT
Can't say i'm overly impressed.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105855)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:24am CDT
Well, I'm less impressed than I'd hoped I'd be.

Jazz? Bought on sight.
Scourge? I might have to go with the Titanium for my Neo-G1 collection.
Lugnut? Egad.
PCC Dinobot Set? They might have finally made a set that won me over. I'm impressed.
Tracks? Bought on sight.
Perceptor? Pass. I'll buy the reissue. He's just not gonna cut it for me.
Legends? Megatron is a maybe, Starscream looks good, and Op and 'Bee are passes.

I'm rather disillusioned with Scourge. I was hoping for more than that. Those wings are just too wide and his vehicle mode doesn't look right. Robot looks nice, from what I can tell, but the vehicle nearly kills it for me.

I guess I'll have to see him in person before I make a final decision. I just don't get it... Cyclonus was given a terrific update and Scourge...not so much. I'd have thought Scourge was going to be a nice update...I was wrong, apparently.

Jazz and Tracks thoroughly impress me though. Geez they look great. Especially Tracks.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105856)
Posted by Skice on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
Baha08 wrote:Not sure I dig Scourge too much. Lugnut looks like he has stubby legs.

Lugnut looks mistransformed. The picture shown at Botcon looked much better.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105857)
Posted by Poyguimogul on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:30am CDT
Zomg! Teh r all seksi!! Srsly!!!..No.Seriously.

Oh~ My~~

Hasbro did it again~~~

So I'mma watch my account drop!!!

Perceptor let me buy you now!
and Jazz and Tracks and Thunderwing!!!
No Scourge you won't be left out!
Windcharger and teh legends can come too!
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105862)
Posted by Editor on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:50am CDT
Sadly the one that makes me the most excited is Goldbug.

Jazz, Perceptor and Tracks are high maybes.
The Dinobot PCC and Thunderwing are lower maybes.

The rest are meh. Except Scourge, Yikes, that should raise the demand/costs of a few Botcon sets.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105863)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on July 30th, 2010 @ 3:51am CDT
Well,
Scourge - Arms are mistransformed for sure, shoulders need clipping to torso. Vehicle's like the original yet, fortunately, not TOO like it.
Jazz - Spot on. 'Nuff said.
Perceptor - All leg and no arms make Perceptor a dull choice...
Tracks - Alt-mode's a bit chunky compared to the original's sheer sexiness but the robot looks good enough to win me over.
Thunderwing - Looks pretty ace other than the legs sticking out the back of the alt. But, screw that, it's Thunderwing, so it's bought.
Grapple - Everything I was hoping for.
Lugnut - Lets see some better pics...
Windcharger - pretty neat and more in-scale than classics 'Bee.

...and the Dinobots?

Mine.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105866)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:04am CDT
Most of them will be bought on sight. I also have a custom Tracks, Perceptor, Lugnut, and Jazz (from a Chevy Aveo Swerve no less!) They may end up on eBay in the coming months.

Hell, I've been working on Perceptor all night since I couldn't sleep. Microscopes are a hard thing to make.

The Legends are better than I was expecting.

Passing on Grapple and the PCCs but I may get the Dinobot one to make a new Dinoking.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105871)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:16am CDT
Kind of disappointed legends Megatron has no scope.

Lugnut=???

Everything else= WIN
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105872)
Posted by starboykb on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:24am CDT
Still got time to saved for next year!
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105879)
Posted by Shadowstream on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:38am CDT
Upon seeing Jazz I nearly creamed myself.
Most everything else I'm lukewarm on.
DELUXE Thunderwing? He should be Supreme class!
Legends Megatron is pretty pathetic.
Another Dinobot combiner... wasn't 'The Beast' evidence enough that a Dinobot gestalt is a bad idea?

Conclusion: Spring 2011 will annihilate my wallet. I. NEED. JAZZ! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105884)
Posted by Jenus on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:48am CDT
Wasn't there a WFC Cliffjumper, Deluxe Skullgrin, and Legends Prowl mentioned at Botcon, where are they?

With the new molds I'm impressed with Jazz, Windcharger, and Thunderwing. Grapple is exactly as I pictured him to be but it would be nice to have the crane on his back like TFC did with the ladder they made for Inferno.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105885)
Posted by Convotron on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:51am CDT
Wow...I'm loving all of these new figures!

The G1 homages is something I particularly like.

Scourge will look great with U Cyclonus and Galvatron.

Finally, we get a new mold specifically for Jazz!

Perceptor will likely get hated for its non G1 alt mode but I think a microscope with a tank mode just won't fly(no pun intended) as a mainline toy in 2010. The bot mode is great, it hits the character's G1 character design visual cues that I love.

Turbo Tracks looks neat, as does Thunderwing and the Grapple repaint of Voyager Inferno.

HFTD Lugnut...awesome for any TFA fan! It'll go great with RotF Lockdown. :)

Windcharger looks good, though it looks like there's a panel behind its head, which is one of the things I'm not a fan of in toy design.

Legends Gold Bumblebee is great(Goldbug?), though BB is my favourite character afterall.

Legends OP and Starscream look surprisingly awesome. I can't wait to see more photos of the figures.

Grimstone and the Dinobots is the first PCC that I'm truthfully excited about. It looks great! A Dinobot combiner that isn't a custom job and I just have to say that I'm not a fan of Mega-Dinobot...not one bit.

PCC Steamhammer and the Constructicons looks good too and I suppose if I get the Dinobots, I must get the Constructicons to display with them. :D
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105886)
Posted by Warbreaker on July 30th, 2010 @ 4:57am CDT
Habababababa, they all look so good... though Lugnut sure has some lanky arms. Thunderwing too could use a size-up, considering how much of a rampaging monster he was in the IDW comics.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105889)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:07am CDT
It is sad that Jazz doesn't have a good Porsche 935 alt mode. The alt mode is just not right.....unless the picture is angled in such a way that the shape of the car looks wrong. I don't think that is the case though.

Scourge is just a wreck. That is a real disappointment.

Tracks is not too bad.

The rest are no-buys for me.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105891)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:15am CDT
In terms of the Scout class Windcharger, is that HFTD or Generations? I thought they were sticking too the deluxe class for the G'tions line?

Either way he will be a worthy addition to any Neo-G1 collection. If he is part of G'tions, then other scouts can't be too far behind....
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105894)
Posted by Catalyst Prime on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:26am CDT

Goldbug
Thunderwing

Probably won't gets-
Lugnut
Legends Prime or Screamer
PCC Constructicons
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105898)
Posted by rpetras on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:39am CDT
Well ... time to change my shorts.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Good on you Hasbro.

Good on you.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105899)
Posted by Ramscreamer on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:39am CDT
Jazz,tracks,thunderwing,dinobots,windcharger and legends are buy on sight.

Perceptor is a high maybe.
Re: Cybertron Convention - Generations Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, PCC Dinobots and More Revealed! (1105900)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 30th, 2010 @ 5:45am CDT
Couple of notes from Botcon to help convince you:

-Tracks has his flying car mode, so I'm sure his robot mode has wings.

-Thunderwing has a drone plane that looks like the jet his G1 inner shell transformed into. Drone does not transform however.

-Perceptor has a sniper rifle, ala his IDW incarnation.

-Jazz has fold out speakers in car, and robot mode for 'rock and roll' disorientation mode...ala his G1 cartoon incarnation.

I really want to see them do a Trailbreaker and Hoist mold. There is nothing previously made that is close enough for me. I really do like Grapple.

The dinobots looks great. I know it's a computer model at this point, but looks great.

Lugnut does absolutely nothing for me.

Windcharger looks good enough.

-Megatron Legends can be held by MP's if I remember correctly.

SCOURGEis very disappointing looking in this picture. Needs some work before final production, at least I hope.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
"Fire in the Sky"
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: Autocracy Trilogy by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Bumblebee VS Barricade First Encounter Box Set NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 Trailbreaker Loose But Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 Longhaul Missing Accessories" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Windblade" on EBAY